Reviews for Getting a Life
Hazmatt chapter 32 . 1/6
Great story! I really enjoyed it! I'm glad that everything worked out! Will there be a sequel perhaps, detailing what happens in that year before the review, the remodeling, and after they can truly be together?
Mary a chapter 32 . 12/28/2014
I loved this story! Read it all in one day and really want to thank you for sharing your talent! Thank you!
cyced chapter 32 . 5/1/2014
Absolutely brilliant ghost story and actually a bit inspiring on the life view end of things. Thanks for writing it!
cyced chapter 24 . 5/1/2014
Have been reading this for a good two hours now, am totally hooked! Really looking forward to seeing how they tackle the nid and the chemistry between sam and jack is fab!
Guest chapter 32 . 9/20/2013
Sam, this story is FAN- flippin-TASTIC!

A pure joy to read. Thankyou SO much for your persistence!
fanka77 chapter 32 . 2/14/2012
That was really wonderful story, with a great storyline and the perfect ending. I love it!
SaraBahama chapter 32 . 1/22/2012
First, I must tell you that this story has been recommended reading over on the Gateworld Forum Sam/Jack fic recs thread. I'm sure it has been rec'd many times, but I've been on the thread less than a year & it has been rec'd since I've been there. Second, I want you to know that I found it thoroughly enjoyable. I'm glad I had the privilage to read it all in one go & didn't have to wait while it was a WIP. The ending with its promise of a future together was sweet without being cloying. Brava! Wonderful!
hedwiggins chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
This was one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Great historical information; loved all the information about the house and its remodeling (I love the home remodel shows on HGTV); finding secret rooms and tunnels; getting practically the whole SGC involved in the remodeling and getting meet all the various characters. I was glad to see Sam a little bit peeved at Daniel for what sounded a bit like warning her not to hurt Jack; he didn't know Sam well at all if he thought she'd be capable of that. He may have meant well, but it was rude and inconsiderate to Sam (IMO). Love Schrodinger. Loved the Halloween party at the end, with Janet in the saloon girl outfit (reminds me of a couple of professional photos of Teryl Rothery in an outfit like that). And Jack's outfit (I immediately knew he was referring to RDA's short-lived "Legend" series). Your description of the trip up the mountain to find Sarah was very well done. All in all, a great story.

I'm curious though, and maybe I missed it, but how did Major Lanford elude Sam when she was following him through the house? Was that explained? I understand there were secret things about the house, but there must have been some we didn't find out about in the story?

I also have the impression that Sam didn't go on the Children of the Gods mission with Jack that brought Daniel back to earth? The way he's talking to Sam, it sounds as though she doesn't already know about him staying with Jack when they got back to earth.
phantomlistener chapter 32 . 1/14/2011
So...the end. Wow. Absolutely novel-worthy, the mystery of Sarah and the unknown boy - and frankly the kind of stuff I love to read. This was a cut above most of the fics I've read here - and quite honestly I will be rereading it over and over. I can only imagine the amount of work that must have gone in to this. Brilliant :)
phantomlistener chapter 24 . 1/14/2011
Haha! I'm still reading this, but I just had to review this chapter to comment on the fact that Jack knows his Shakespeare. So many people right him as an uneducated military numbskull; it's both refreshing and quite funny to see some of his considerable intellect in the most unlikely place.

Loving the plot, too!
Starlite1 chapter 32 . 3/10/2010
I made the mistake of starting this at half past 11 at night, and let me say my teddy is still mourning the loss of quite a bit of fur... Truly a brilliant work, well done, very few errors that I can remember, so kudos there...Don't suppose we could get a sequel?
neewom chapter 24 . 3/4/2010
I don't want this to sound like a veiled compliment, but . . . I settled into this story thinking it would be good honest amusement during breaks at work. In other words, not too serious, nothing to expend too much brainpower on. Instead, I found quite a rich and rewarding story, very well researched, thought-provoking, a bit more heady than I was expecting and very well-done. I applaud the effort and only wish there were sequels!
Anaszun chapter 8 . 1/26/2010
The legends of the hauntings and such kind of remind me of the history behind the McPike Mansion in Alton, Illinois. One of those ghost hunting type shows (I forget the name of it, its not TAPS though) actually did an episode on it awhile back. D
Gen Varel chapter 32 . 12/24/2009
Very enjoyable story. You did a lot of research. Nicely done.
Regency chapter 32 . 12/14/2009
Stayed up late to read this and I don't regret it at all. Just the right amount of mystery, teamfic, and S/J UST to be awesome. Actually more than enough to be awesome. I really loved this story, the characterization was more than good and mood for the various scenes was spot-on. When it was supposed to be spooky, it was. When it was supposed to be comfy, it was. Damn good job, I think.