Reviews for The Wise One: Book Two: Awakening
Ladylaughalot chapter 27 . 3/18
I don't know why I've never read this series before but it is excellent. I really loved the scene between Neville and Dumbledore, when Neville apologised. It had me in tears. Also love the stuff between Harry and Ginny and between Harry and Hermione. I also think you've managed to strike a really good balance between the more mundane aspects of life and the adventure/action. The last line is also brilliant.
kyoshi711 chapter 27 . 12/19/2016
Story is good but not exciting enough. Harry just scrapes by in his fight with the D.E.s. I'd like to see a better wizard than how harry fights.
Questionz chapter 27 . 11/15/2016
Just as amazing as the first "book", thanks for such a wonderful and thought out story. Onto book three!
sherryola chapter 27 . 8/23/2016
this is such a different and unique story. since Sirius is my favorite adult character, and Harry my favorite of the younger gang, it's been absolutely wonderful to read. Only thing I don't like is Harry and Hermione. That's kind of nauseating to me. that's nothing against Hermione, I love her in canon, just not as a match for Harry. I really miss the trio, miss Harry and Ron and their friendship too. I liked Neville in this very much and Draco. As I said very unique. I'm going to check out the third story, and as long as there's not too much romance in it, I'll be reading it too. If there's too much of the sweethearts, I can't go there. I only read canon ships in my fan fic genres, unless the romance is minimal. grin. Other than that, amazing stories and amazing writing.
Lord Barinthus chapter 5 . 7/27/2016
I have no problem with fics where Harry and Draco are friends (obviously not, when Drarry is my OTP), but the way you went about it here felt extremely strained and OOC.
Guest chapter 16 . 2/28/2016
How utterly unoriginal.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/9/2015
Dumbledore felt responsible for this. And he was, but to be fair, he had never meant for things to end this way.
That's nice and well, but if he has to use this excuse so often, he should stop considering himself to be infallible. Especially when common sense could have told him it was a bad idea.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/9/2015
I don't think Sirius has to apologize to Remus.
So Remus claims he would have listened if Sirius came to him with Harry. But maybe he would have immediately stunned or killed him without a chance to speak. It's not like anybody asked questions the last time. Is this a risk Sirius should be willing to take?
So Remus didn't have a good chance to get custody for Harry. So that were the only alternatives? Full custody or never even asking about him?
So Remus was afraid to visit him. It didn't occur to him that there was no report of a trial?
He could have asked Dumbledore why Sirius (supposedly) betrayed them. It is something I would like to know. He could have learned that there was no trial.
He could have asked Dumbledore, how Harry was. Assuming Dumbledore was honest (unlikely), he would have learned that Dumbledore doesn't care. He could have asked to visit Harry.

Dumbledore had Hagrid kidnap Harry before Sirius was framed, so he can't excuse it with Sirius was unavailable. As Dumbledore himself admitted, he would have placed Harry at the Dursleys even if he was aware of the abuse. It is very likely that Dumbledore was behind Sirius being placed in Azkaban, because he would have opposed his plans for Harry. This is Albus "second chance for the guilty, no chance for the innocent" Dumbledore.

What Sirius could have done (also in canon) is send a message "Wormtail was secret keeper, why didn't I get a trial?". Maybe put in some hints about places he doesn't intend to visit.
smiles2go chapter 27 . 9/25/2015
You did a great job with this series and I hope there's more. I love this Harry and am so glad you didn't kill Sirius off.
misherukuro chapter 27 . 9/6/2015
Truly a good read I look forward to finishing the set. ~,~
xvector chapter 4 . 7/8/2015
My issue with this series so far is that Harry is an over-the-top White Knight. He insists on coddling everyone he meets (especially women), feels intense guilt when he doesn't manage to alleviate the problems of others, and and that really grates on my nerves sometimes. Why should he feel guilty about using Draco as a tool? In this chapter alone - Why should he rage at Rita for the article on Hermione? Why should he care about the first years going to the boats? These issues are none of his business, yet he insists in getting involved in them, rather than utilizing the time to pursue more productive avenues.

Thus, while your writing quality is superb, your Harry isn't appealing (to me, at least). Your Harry seems rather dependent on his White Knight complex / saviour/hero complex to the point that he feels *guilty* when pursuing his own goals over those of others. When he's facing far bigger issues than using Draco to further himself politically, or Rita maligning Hermione, insisting to get involved in those will only hurt him in any realistic long-run scenario, and in doing so, hurt far more people, since his cause affects more than just himself.

A few more errors/suggestions in this chapter and the last one:
- Harry's statement at the end is a logical fallacy. Even if the creatures weren't invisible, there is no assurance they would still go to the right place.
- Treating Kreacher with respect should make him more disagreeable. Kreacher was not treated with respect by the rest of the Blacks, and gladly did their bidding - he suscribes to the traditional view on House Elf treatment.
- Your wand scene was boring. You could have added a great deal of imagery to it.
- Harry spends a couple of *hours* in the train with *only* Draco?

Anyways, while I might not be a fan of your Harry, your plot is intriguing and your writing quality is excellent. And you still have some space to change Harry, so as long as he doesn't do anything clich├ęd like pursue House Unity, this should be a fun read.
thisiscorinth chapter 27 . 6/18/2015
This is so good! I love the plot!
Svenion chapter 14 . 4/3/2015
loved the first story, but I've already read OOTP, so I think I'll just skip to the third installment
ananas42 chapter 27 . 3/17/2015
It has been a while since I read a Harry-centric fic and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I think you did an awesome job raising him up to be a very well-rounded age appropriate character- great use of a variety of colorful jargon! It has also been enjoyable reading how the Hogwarts relationships could have developed sans Harry. Im going to start the next one right now :)
thebetawholived chapter 2 . 9/9/2014
. . . or maybe Hufflepuff . . . all that loyalty and selflessness . . . it *could* be Hufflepuff, really!

Still, Harry the Hufflepuff has already been written, and is a very different Harry. But I'm tired of these bloody Griffindors.
1,140 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »