Reviews for Stepping Down
young dawn chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
This is something I've always wondered about with the series. It never went into depth with Krillin, Yamcha, and the others and the growing gap between them and the saiyans. It's quite sad, really, but you still embodied Krillin's thoughts quite well. Nicely done.

sora
gizzerd chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
THANK YOU for writing this! :).

Krillen was always one of my favorite characters and it was a little heart breaking to see how easily he was tossed aside. Made into a joke, I mean really.

First by the creator and then by all the fans. *sigh* poor, poor Krillin! He'll always have a special place in my heart though. :) Great character peice. I liked it alot.
Remembering childhood chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
While waiting for your much anticipated sequel to "Alea jacta est" I read some of your old stuff... I always liked this little one-shot about Krillin, so I'm finally revewing it!

Deciding NOT to fight might be the most noble decision the small warrior ever took.

I like your writing! Makes something melt inside, LOL!
hippiechic chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Okay, so I understand why Krillin was feeling badly about getting eaten, but c'mon! There are a lot worse things to be turned into and then eaten than chocolate! I would consider that an honor! xD Imagine how he would have felt if he had been turned into chopped liver or tripe. That would have been something to definitely feel badly about. xD Lol.

I think this really did a great job of expressing the dilemma Krillin must have faced at some point in the DBZ storyline. You did a very good job of recounting his fall from being almost Goku's equal to becoming completely insignificant in power in comparison.

I just comment that at least Krillin made the right choice. He chose his family. That is the important thing. It hurt Gohan, Goten and Chi-Chi so much to be without Goku because he was off screwing around instead of taking care of his family. At least Krillin was not a total dog like that. Lol.

Anyway, very well written story. I commend you for approaching a subject not often approached in the DBZ universe. Nicely done.

Until next time, Peace and Out! ~mar
thejoinerking chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Wow, I really liked this story. Too bad Krillin couldn't help much in the last 3 saga's but I always loved him as a character.
chimney leaf chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Poor Krillin. He's one of my favourite characters (I like them all to be honest!), but he, like all of the humans is certainly forgotten about in terms of making a difference fighting-wise after a certain point. At least he'll always have the role of comic relief.

I really liked this, especially the idea of him 'stepping down'.
Space-Weazel chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
oh, great Krillin fanfic! I love when people write up propositions like this that may have come up in his life, it just makes the character seem all he more real. Great job, really! One of the best Krillin prose works I've seen in a long, long time!
ChorpReturns chapter 1 . 7/25/2008
This isn't really my kind of read. To be honest (Not flaming, just calling it as I see it) this fic didn't really go anywhere. Krillin just sat down, and thought of his life, and quit. No actual story or anything, no dialogue, no anything. It seemed very nuetral.