Reviews for Compelled to Play for High Stakes
silvereagle2121 chapter 16 . 5/27
Awesome story so far. I am really liking it. I cant wait to see what happens next. This series is amazing. Keep up the wonderful work and please update again.
125b chapter 16 . 2/12
your stories are amazing just like weasleys mulligan, its a shame that they don't seem to be continuing
DenSorteEngel80 chapter 16 . 12/5/2015
I'm just borrowing the previous guest-comment of
"""I have absolutely loved the spin on things that you've brought with the Compelled universe, I heartily approve of the tactics taken in the face of the opposition you've written, and I don't -disagree- exactly with Buffy as depicted holding things back from a rational choice of tactics, but the buffy-bashing still makes me kind of sad (and yes, I know it's mainly in the minds of amoral conquering hell-gods, and the gunslayers, but, still).""" - Buffy isn't the longest living Slayer for nothing, and I would love to see her get a bit more respect (or whatever substitutes for it, coming from Illyria).

And the go on to say that this is otherwise a truly magnificent piece of work that I still have hopes of finishing one day (I'm a optimist in capital letters lol) - Illyria is so incredibly well written, I fell even more in love with her character than I were beforehand, and that's saying something.
And lastly, oh my Godking, you broke my heart with the whole Illyria having to accept Faith as Wes' consort.
Wonderful work, now write the rest! :D
nfall chapter 16 . 9/5/2015
sigh, really wish there was more of this story. it is excellent. another re-read of the compelled series done again :)
Guest chapter 5 . 10/10/2014
onecosmicdream chapter 16 . 9/1/2014
Very nice. Hope you get around to continuing this at some point.
EagleJarl chapter 16 . 1/28/2014
Why exactly did they need to blow up the town? There wasn't anything left under the Seal and they had killed all the monsters. Also, it surprised me that Buffy didn't say it was ok for Willow to burn the stumps after she, Faith, and Kira hacked them. It worked on the Hydra.

Also, I still say they should be trying to weaponize the ensouling spell.
EagleJarl chapter 15 . 1/28/2014
Ok wait, what? Willow got vamped **off camera**?

I'm going to assume she's an alternate from yet another dimension. The one from this dimension is dead and Our Willow could not have been vamped off camera, that would just be for crap. This story is better than that. Although I suppose maybe it could be some kind of infiltration trick, with her using her powers to disguise as a vamp. That seems pretty darn unbelievable though. The First Evil should be able to tell if someone is really dead or not.
EagleJarl chapter 13 . 1/28/2014
Ok, wait. Why are they fighting hand to hand again? Wasnt the plan to use crossbows? Or, for that matter, helios grenades? And if they DID go hand to hand, shouldn't they have taken some fairly high losses, even with the scythes? The uber vamps are supposed to be terrifying. Here they come off like popcorn.
EagleJarl chapter 12 . 1/28/2014
Why is it hard to tell the two Wesleys apart? Isn't the local one missing an arm?
EagleJarl chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
Huh. So there's not just one First Evil? It has doppelgangers too? For some reason I assumed it was a unique entity that just existed simultaneously in multiple worlds. Apparently not. Well, it's not going to like what's happening to THIS world.
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 1/28/2014
Bridezilla Anya. The only being in the multiverse that can make Illyria hop to it.

Would the Temple actually dust all the vamps when it killed the people? If so then, horribly, it really might be the best option. Although...hmmm.

Actually, wow, what an opportunity. What they need to do is weaponize that Gypsy curse that put Angel's soul back. Think of having tens of millions of ensouled Turok-han fighting on your side against the first evil. And any human enemies become new ├╝ber-vamps who then promptly get ensouled. Damn, that would solve the whole war problem right there.
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 1/28/2014
Oh my.

I should have thought of that when the whole "interdimensional doubles" thing first came up. Oh my this is going to put a spanner in the works. Poor Willow.
EagleJarl chapter 8 . 1/28/2014
Watching Enyo beg and bargain to destroy "just one little village", like a kid wanting ice cream...it was too cool for words.

Of course, the speech demonstration they gave to the king was even better. Bastard.
EagleJarl chapter 5 . 1/27/2014
It's not PC to say it, but Illyria and Enyo are totally correct: Buffy is fucking useless in this scenario, and is just getting in the way. You have to wonder, after she blew up the Judge with a rocket launcher, why she never thought to herself "Damn, yo - guns make this *hella* easier!"

Here's another thought for you - after Kendra got activated but before they came up with the spell that could activate the potentials, why didn't they find a friendly doctor who could repeatedly start and stop Buffy's heart? Every time he applied the paddles another Slayer would come online. Have each slayer go under the paddles once to activate another and keep the risk low; each cycle double your current number of slayers. They could have had thousands of slayers running around at the start of season 2!