Reviews for Otto's Perspective
Serpina Silver Tongue chapter 1 . 9/13/2015
How have I not reviewed this yet? I love pretty much anything that pokes fun at LND, even in these early stages when we knew so little about it. The idea of Otto being Erik reincarnated is a fun one and well executed.
rohanyoshi chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
You know what would be interesting? If you rewrote this to include the Love Never Dies lyrics instead... because Otto really did delete the score of Love Never Dies!
LeSlytherinPhoenix chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This is brilliant.
AlteraPars87 chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
"Bah. Cute as I now was, it was still hard to not be grumpy." Oh, Erik, I feel your pain...

Ego Never Dies, I guess. But sequels do. *evil grin*
musicalbutterfly605 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
WIN.

That cat was my hero when I heard about the destruction of the Dreaded Sequal. So sad that it was ressurected.

I wonder if ALW hired a hitman to run down his KittyKat for him. Barmy old creeper...

-clap clap- kudos. I choked on my Jammy Dodger :)
Ms IV chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
YAY KITTY! The cat really was a savior, if that crappy writing have survived I don't know how us PTO fans could bear with it. Hooray hooray horay!
tes1225 chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This is genius! Otto truly is the Saviour of the Phandom. I truly believe he knew what he was doing when he deleted that score. ;)
Queen of the Skye chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
but did he stop writing it is the important question.

very good! i like it.
Oreal770 chapter 1 . 8/15/2009
NO! poor kitty!

and, well the lyrics are ok, as in, they rhyme and all, but seriously? the idea is terrible! i think the cathas a point!

um, 1 small problem (sorry, i tend to notice these things). when the cat deleted it all, he could have just pressed ctrl, z (undo) and get it all back again :).

apart from that, i like it :):)
Kojinka chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I grew up with ALW's musical adaptation of PotO; it introduced me to the story. My heart sank in horror when I found out there was going to be a sequel. Even if Otto's was unable to utterly prevent the inevitable soil and tatter of my childhood, he is still a saint in my cat loving eyes.

Words of advice to Lord Webber

1. Don't fix what is not broken.

2. Pets sometimes make the best critics.

I think Otto's noble deed for the PotO fan community has earned him an honorable spot as a Phantom character.

Interesting take on ALW's kitty being Erik reincarnated, but I don't know if I like the idea of a suicidal cat. I guess it's more likely than foul play. Poor Otto was most likely in the wrong place at the wrong time.
ghostmadlittlemiss chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
Cool story and a good laugh, even though I'm generally a fan of ALW. *ducks flying objects* :D

Not sure I like the ending though. I would've preferred it if you'd said Otto'd run away from home and then accidentally been hit by a car. Not the whole implied suicide thing, that just seems cruel, imo. ALW really loved that cat and so did his kids. Just my take on it though.

Kayleigh
LifesDarkFire chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Another masterful story poking fun at the horror that is "phantom of manhatten."

I was suprised to learn of this.. err book? from your stories.

I applaud Otto on deleting the work!
xXSummerXx chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
Phantom of Manhatten. every time i hear that, i get all angry! Erik in a clown suit? what is wrong with that man!

"what child was ever afraid of a clown?" I AM! hasn't he ever heard of Stephen king? i swear, if i'm ever forced to watch Gerard Butler (who i liked well enough before all this) dress up in a clown suit, i will dig a whole in my back yard, furnish it, and live in it for the rest of my life.

my friends and i have agreed that, if ALW makes a stage play out of his sequel, we're going to get front row tickets. yes, we'll have to make sure we're very slose to the stage because we've planned to jump onto it and attack all the actors.

anyhoo, now that i've calmed myself down, i LOVE your story. i really like the idea that Erik got reincarnated as Webber's kitty. i wonder what he was incarnated as next...

keep up the great work!

~summer
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S.! COMPLETE AND UTTER HILARIOUS! thanks for the summary of PoM too...i wanted to know what it was about, but was afraid to read it, espesially after i read the first page or so on 'amazon search inside'...that was just...WHAT POSSESSED THE PUBLISHERS TO PUBLISH IT? SCRAP THAT, WHAT EVER POSSESSED THE DEMENTED AUTHOR TO WRITE THAT? anyways, great story, I LOVE IT!
LePhantomessa chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
This is both funny and tragic. Poor Otto/Erik. I bet that it actually WAS Erik reincarnated as a cat. And in my honest opinion, while I AM interested in how this new musical will turn out (for all we know, it could be surprisingly good), I think that it will be crap. One reason I know this is that oner time I checked out PoM from my library over the summer when I was first getting into POTO. And even though I had checked out and read several other books and had far too much free time, something just kept me away from reading it. Probably long-destined and buried Phan instinct telling me 'NO! It SUCKS, don't read it!' Thank god I didn't.

And on a side note, personally I think that ALW would've been better off redoing Kay's novel then that piece of what I am loathe to call reading material. And the title? Well, in all honesty, he has no viable excuse. ANYTHING would've been better. Like 'Phantom's future' or something, NOT something that sounds like a bad Disney movie remake!

*Pants heavily* Wow, that was good to get off of my chest. Reviews are helpful in more ways in one, aren't they? ;P Either way, I feel better, and find a wonderful appreciation for this story. Good luck in your future Phandom writings, I wish you a thousand Eriks-er, muses- to help and comfort you for future stories and such. I bid you good day or night, whichever it is for you. SO long, my fine friend.

-LMdP-