Reviews for Flight of the Orion
A Reader chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
A nice Oneshot I must say, it's just to bad that you didn't continue this.

I know that someone probably already pionted that out, but an complete operational Ancient warship should have taken two Hiveships down with ease - Ancient technology is, after all, much much much more advanced than Wraith technology - and, as we know, the Ancienst only lost because of cloning facilities.

I must say that I kind of like your idea with the additional weapons, but Drones are much more powerfull than any other, functional, weapon that were made by the Ancients. That said, it's still not a bad idea, but since you used the same weapon that the defensive satelite had as the main weapon, it should have easily destroyed both Hives, and should also have a much shorter reload time than that of the satelite (the satelite was, after all, only powered by an Naquadah generator and was already damaged - it's also possible that if that particle beam would be installed on an warship, that a buffer like on the satelite, would maybe not be needed at all).

I don't know if all of that information was already available when you wrote this, but Hiveships are not 11 kilometers long but only around 2,5 kilometers (you can see that by the compasion of the Daedalus - since we know that the deadalus is around 225 meters long you can then measure the length of an Hive on a picture where they are compared)

Also, the Orion, even though it is a smaller version of the Aurora class, is even longer than an Hiveship - 3 kilometers to be exact (at least if the information in the Stargate Wiki is correct).

Well, I guess that's it from me. Like I said at the beginning, to bad that you didn't continue this, because it has potential and there is currently no story like this, but maybe you will reconsider it in the future.

A Reader
Blackholelord chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Looks nice, still it would be unique to see what you could do with the Orion if you continue the story.
AIDragi chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
If only the show's episode had had this ending . . .

I know the likelihood is atomicly small, but have you even just given it a thought of continuing your AU?
AngelForm chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Nicely written.

It has always bugged me that so much of the atlantian technology consists of one-trick ponies with no backup.

The weapon system portrayal is good, especially the implied reasoning for a minimum range on the drones.

However I should point out that the human rail gun rounds do not get even remotely close to that speed. Even one percent of light speed would make a pound of titanium more deadly (on a small area) as any nuke we have.
locutes chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
we want more, we waant more!

Perhaps you should write a follow up on how this changes Atantis
matt311 chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Excellent story.
Bobboky chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
SuperN-Gaspard chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Wonderful read. I enjoyed this ending compared to the episode as it leaves Earth with a new ship. Nice writing.

Danny chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
more please
Mr Stereo1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Best non-humour one shot I've read in a while, good job.
TankerMDK chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
i don't think, i know i prefer this alternate ending. it was well done. Take Care

Robert1000 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
A Great story
ACE Albert chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Nice story ajw. To be frank I would have expected a fully operational Aurora-class battlecruiser with drones and energy weapons to have been able to destroy the Wraith ships in short order and without much effort. After all, the Wraith (and their ships) have been regressing technologically since the war with the Ancients thousands of years earlier. Still, this was a wonderfully written and highly enjoyable story - thanks for writing this AU!
jpdt19 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Did you just have a sudden urge to blow something up Andy :D
WBH21C chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
Very well done! I'd be nice if they're ever able to keep any of the tech they find.