Reviews for Rotten Apples
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
interesting
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
You know, I love a good lucidly-insane bad guy. And you've definitely written one here.
Chibipinkbunny chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Wow, that was very, very good. Just everything! The comparisons between the two hometowns was great. I thought it was interesting how Genesis viewed Seph's inability to accept his fate as a monster as a way of despising him. This is a very dark portrait of Genesis. I actually liked him, but he went as insane as Sephiroth. Its ironic that the SOLDIER who started the whole mess was the one of the only ones to survive it. Thanks, I loved this!
Prisonerksc2-303 chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Oh I loved that. I can see Genesis musing on like this. Wow! That was superb! I loved it. It was amazingly written. The ending was good too. Awesome job!
MillieBee chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Yup, you got Genesis' craziness in there alright!

Love his musings, if not him as a person. Still, if I hated him in the game and I hate him in this story, it only prooves that you've gotten his personality perfect - again!

Great work ;)
Kazaam chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Oh man, hearing Genesis say all those things is so horrible and painful! It just really shows how insane he really is. ;_; Especially the line about Seph not wanting to be a monster just because he hated Angeal and Genesis so much that he didn't want to be like them at all. Gosh, Genesis has fallen so far in his hatred!

Everything came out so perfectly! I really like how the apple part came out, too! I can totally see this as part of CC.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Ooh, so so so dark. ;_; I really love this, though - especially the metaphor at the end with the apple. A touch of brilliance, that was!
cloudstrifejen chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
It is quite sad really... Sephiroth, being the legendary villain of Final Fantasy VII. Genesis and Angeal are just shadows behind him. Well, they only appeared in Crisis Core right? Sephiroth just took the spotlight away from them. In my opinion anyway.
NoBuddy chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Well indeed it may sound disturbing to some, but it's a plausible continuation of the CC events and in character with your Genesis. Whoever disapproves with it, may very well write his own version of the events, after all that's what fanfiction is allabout, hehe!

Well done
GoldenShinyWireOfHope chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I really like this. I love the imagery of Nibleheim burning against Genesis' firey character, and the links you make between Nibelheim and Banora and between the coverup of the Banora incident and Sephiroth's background.

Truely excellent. Thank you for a very enjoyable read!
Artic Virus chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Oh oh oh...You write insane!Genesis very well!
Rolling Tomorrow chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Wow. Just wow. I usually have a more intelligent sounding opening line for a review, but this oneshot was really excellent.

And I was very happy to see something that came up under Genesis' name that wasn't yaoi. XD Not that's anything wrong with yaoi or those who write/read it...I'm just not paticularly fond of it. *shrug*

This story was really good though. The balanced descriptions all through the composition really complete it, and Genesis' thoughts and words were completely in character. It was such a perfect continuation to the scene in the reactor, I wish it was included in Crisis Core! :D

The way you ended it was especially good. When Genesis was asking, "Did you despise us that badly?" I started thinking myself. I haven't gotten to this part of the timeline in my CC fan fiction, All That's Left Behind (it's here on ...in need of updating but here .
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Oh, poor, poor Seph! To be betrayed by someone who was once on his side... And Genesis going so far as to taunt him at this point...

Genesis getting stuck with the bad apple gave a good "full circle" effect; that detail worked very well.
Cairi J chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Simply stunning piece of work. There's everything I imagined Genesis to say in this short chapter, and you've characterized him brilliantly. I love the cruel bitterness in his words and that ending was so fitting! This could easily have been a scene straight out of Crisis Core.

Well done. :-)
Totally Renegade chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I liked that one. Good job on Genesis, just crazy enough to come off right. I see more and more that he's the hard one to pin down in writing, so I just want to say great job. This one was good and eerie. Me likes, though I'm a fan of all your stuff, so maybe I'm biased. Anyways, keep up the good work. -Wolf

P.S.: Check out my FFVII story. It's new and I would love some feedback from you.