Reviews for As Our Fathers
Gul Re'jal chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
That was a very touching story. I was never a fan of Ziyal, especially how the third actress portrayed her, but in this story the character makes a lot of sense and she finally has some personality. There's a reason to what she's doing and thinking.

There's also a lot of suffering and carrying a "stigma" of being Dukat's daughter. She didn't choose her parent, she didn't choose what he had done, but she had to pay the price.

Now, Basso and his attitude? I didn't buy any of his explanations. He enjoyed treating other Bajorans-those Bajoran women-like slaves and trash. He was worse than Cardassians. This was beyond "I must do it to save my daughter." His reasoning and mean approach to his only daughter...

He practically torn her away from the only friend she had and condemned to life of "collaborator's daughter." He ruined both girls' lives, not letting them share what they had to share.

A good story :)
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
A great story. Very good.
great story chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
I don't remember why I didn't review this as soon as I read it the first time... This is one of the best stories I have read here. It captures the character of Ziyal so well and really makes a good connection between what happened on Bajor and Ziyal's hopes about her art on DS9.

The only thing I am not overly fond of is the deletion part at the end. I don't see why **everyone** has their characters delete their personal logs... small complaint though. Excellent story all told.
OSuzanne chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
This is a wonderful backstory piece. You write Ziyal very well, and you created an interesting and believable character for her to become friends with.