Reviews for Free Fall
Wings.of.Velvet chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
That was brilliant. You're a great writer, with a fantastic understanding of emotions, and i loved it. I really did. Wow. Just wow.
AnHeiressofaSOLDIER chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
This is like the best Vaan and Penelo fanfic I've ever read! It just seems so real. And everyone's in perfect character. The lemonade thing was so sad:( I just adore this pairing. Wow, I'm speechless. Btw I'm the youtube user MovingOnMjrn. I'm pretty new to fanfic. Can you add people as friends here? I'd love to add you. I totally favorited and subscribed to you btw. Wow, you're an amazing author. Can't wait till your next work!

-Shanna
Childhood Aspirations chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Aw... Reks's death made me sad too... -sniff-

Well-written as always. You always manage to capture their personalities, even in short little oneshots with no random, twisted plots. I think it's beautiful, actually.

Great job! Glad to read something new of yours!

-C.A.
Strawi chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
I seriously love the way Vaan takes his brothers death. Amazing and awesome and wonderfully written. And Penelo's offer of lemonade, how to describe that?

I hope you write more of this fandom, there aren't nearly enough good fanfiction out there.
SharperImage chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
It's funny, the entire time Penelo tells herself she wont let her emotions get the best of her, they already have and she hadn't yet realized it.

Did someone close to you die? That was what I was asking myself, because that was an absoloutly descrpition of grief.

Lol-this is going to my favs.
L'il Miss Yuki chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Wow.

I absolutely LOVE what you did here. Everyone seems so 3-d. And the plot! It doesn't just go 'Reks dies, Vaan grieves, Penelo comforts, everyone's happy.' You're made this whole fic seem REAL. Not everyone is instantly comforted with one set of words, and you've just shown that in one of the best ways possible.

I'm not sure how to say how awesome I think your one-shot is, but one things is sure: I love it.
olive embers chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
WAH ANGSTY VAAN/PENELO WAH. Seriously. You're a goddess. No, scratch that, you're a... um... something better than a goddess except I forgot what my point was.

This made ME cry! Usually I don't like to cry because it makes me look like a fish, but I'll make an exception. I can really relate to this one especially, because I know what it's like to go through loss with someone you know better and to go through loss with someone you don't know as well as someone else. It's sort of strange, but I kept switching who I agreed with-and who I related to.

But I loved the little bits, too. The Old Spice, the lemonade, the pillow-it was all so emotional, like you were there and you could /tell/ they were suffering and you could really just GET it. It was made of awesome.

(I have a soft spot for anything from Penelo's POV, though.)

AND WAH. I think I'll just continue to make no sense. WAH.

xoxo olive

P.S-all in all, 11/10.
anapants chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
yeah, i love you.

i read half and then skimmed through the rest.

loved. "Offering the man with a death sentence condiments from our kitchen. " that line (:

i loved what i read too. it was awesome.
Crimson-Eyed-Angel99 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
You write excellent tragedy. It's so raw that I can't stop reading, even though I have little to no knowledge of the fandom or characters.
Touch of Gray chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
I really wish I had something more to say, but this broke my heart. Beautiful and painful and wonderful as always.
Qwi-Xux chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
There was something horribly, horribly sad about Penelo offering the person who just delivered bad news lemonade. I mean, it was so Penelo, and so sad. :(

I liked that you had Vaan snapping that Reks was his brother-not because I'm reveling in the misery, ugh, but because it was so realistic. He's in incredible pain and it makes sense that he would say something like that.

It was also very realistic that Penelo was being the pillar of strength. Sometimes it's easier to push away the heartbreak and the pain and just focus on something-or someone else. There can be shock and there can be denial, and that Penelo reacts like she did is, dare I say it, normal for some people. Especially, I think, her.

Because detachment can be safer than feeling.

I almost started crying when Penelo was trying to make Vaan feel better and talking about Reks being an angel. And then Vaan was angry and she was getting angry, and I was glad that she was getting angry because it meant that she was starting to pull away from detachment. Which might sound harsh and horrible, but she needed to face it, too.

Vaan coming to her at the end...it was so beautiful. And sad. *sniffles* This piece was tragic, but you wrote it so, so well.