Reviews for Unseemly Are The Open Eyes
JESUSFREAK-And-Proud-Of-It chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
I liked this fic, it has a wonderfully creative and original foundation, though in some places I found it to be a little skimpy on the details. An epic story like this one definitely deserves a good long length, stocked full of imagery and such, as well as a little more character-building. You did well in that area for such a compacted length, and by no means do I want to pressure you into an extensive project. The action scenes (especially at the end) were well written and easy to follow, though I did feel as if everything was a bit fast-paced and rushed. You could've gone deeper to describe the trio's entrance to the spirit world (Aang could only do it by meditating...how could they just fly into it?), and you could've explained a little more why Appa was needed and how he could fly in the Spirit World (Appa uses airbending to fly...his kind were the first 'airbenders' because of it).

Overall, the plot and story was engaging and entertaining. Good job! :D
Wayne7793 chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
Very well done conclusion. It's good to see the philosophy about all spirits must not be destroyed, it might upset the balance of the universe and the spirit world. haha, and of course, the story wouldn't be complete without Sakka's hilarious capturing of it all!
buddhaz12 chapter 5 . 12/2/2008
excellent chapter.
Angsty Anime Star chapter 5 . 12/1/2008
Great chapter. I loved the action with Zuko and OZai and Koh. And Ursa. Wow a shocker. Keep it up. this is a really great fic.
Wayne7793 chapter 5 . 12/1/2008
Wow, very nicely done! This continues an interesting journey into the spirit world for Aang, Zuko and the others. Nice confrontation with Koh and Ozai!
buddhaz12 chapter 4 . 11/3/2008
I really like this story mainly because of its originality. You depart from the norm of Avatar fan fics, which is a breath of fresh air actually. I'm interested to see what happens next.
Angsty Anime Star chapter 4 . 11/2/2008
Wow. Good. Suspenceful. keep going. I loved it. xD
Wayne7793 chapter 4 . 11/2/2008
Wow, very cool. This would fit in so well with the actual TV show! I liked how the reluctant alliance between Koh and Ozai seems ever so shaky but the two do have their reasons for keeping it stable. Aang is ever so confident, bringing up the morale of the others who have journeyed with him. Excellent job! Keep it up!
Elvenstar Imrahil chapter 3 . 9/30/2008
Write more! Write more! I haven't read far enough to decide if I like it or not, but it sounds intriguing.
nephertiri chapter 3 . 9/10/2008
You're a very articulate author, let me go ahead and say that. This is a very awesomely written story and I'm sure I will LOVE following it!

I like this different route that you've taken in this story. You've actually have a starting event that seems to bear no precendence in the story (the whole trying to take Azula's bending powers away thing) though I'm sure there is some meaning behind it that will be made obvious in the chapters preceding it. I love it!

Also, the whole Ozai escaping thing is ingenius. Most people have Azula escape because they believe she is more inclined to be a threat than Ozai...with her still being able to bend and all. You give point to the fact that Ozai might be crazed enough to try such a foolhardy escapade of seducing Koh into giving him back his bending! Very artistically unique!

Anyway, I've typed enough :P. I just wanted to let you know that I am thuroughly interested in this story and I will DEFINATELY keep track of your work! Rock on! ;)
Wayne7793 chapter 3 . 9/9/2008
Wonderful expansion idea, having the avatar enter the spirit world with companions. As with the original cartoon, I can see and feel the frustration and self-doubt each character has, this has a very similar feel to the original show, excellent job!
Princess Azula chapter 2 . 8/19/2008
This is beautifully written and true to the show. I especillay like this bit:

But he ignored weakness as best he could, and began to chant, softly under his breath. Under the shadow of trees, quick syllables whispered into the cool darkness fell like seeds.

He hoped that they would grow a demon.

Beautifully written. I'm creeped out now.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 2 . 8/17/2008
This is quite an interesting concept.

I wonder if Koh can give firebending back to Ozai, and whose face he's going to demand in exchange.

Very intriguing...and has Zuko also lost his bending? Has Azula escaped? What happened to Aang? C'mon, dude, please update!_;

I can't wait to see what happens next! :)
words without chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
This is so creepy. I heart your writing style. I wonder, though, if in the first chapter you shouldn't have added a few more details. The action there seemed to rush along a tad quickly.

Darnit, I envy you your ability to write actual action! I've been writing romantic nonsense for so long, I think I've forgotten how to write action. I demand you share your awesomeness!
David W. Lutz chapter 2 . 7/28/2008
Very Nice! I liked the feel of the descriptions, how the story moves along! Especially the ending, nice surprise!