Reviews for The Snowman
nicene27 chapter 19 . 3/30
I'm with you, I can't believe how long it's taking the team to figure this one out. They know this UnSub models his life after fairytales, is obsessed with snow and winter, and has recently changed attraction-type to dark-eyed brunettes. AND Morgan's just outright mentioned Snow White (while unnecessarily dazzling the others with his knowledge of obscure fairy tales).

Somewhere in a deep forest - likely surrounded by her woodland animal friends - you just know Emily is rolling her eyes and sighing.

I'm thinking Emily's got a better chance of out-cunning the deluded UnSub and rescuing herself.
nicene27 chapter 18 . 3/30
"...in the forest with her animal friends..."

Not gonna lie, that line had me chuckling even when I knew I shouldn't. There's something ultimately more disturbing in this (UnSub's) world you've created, when you can so effectively pair horror and humor. Great chapter.
nicene27 chapter 17 . 3/30
Reminds me perfectly of Anne Sexton (the UnSub's mindset):

"The prince was getting tired.
He began to feel like a shoe salesman.
But he gave it one last try.
This time Cinderella fit into the shoe like a love letter into its envelope."

He is awesomely creepy. And I actually had to crack up a little at the end at Emily's thought: 'She was a princess after all and they had certain codes to live by.'

She really is the queen of compartmentalization. Now, enter Hotch to her rescue, please.
nicene27 chapter 16 . 3/30
I just love your UnSub - is that a weird thing to admire in a CM fic? Let me specify: I love the way you've written him, how easily a reader can slip into his mindset and see the situation from his perspective. In the last sixteen chapters I've felt alternately horrified by The Snowman, a tiny bit hopeful in his character (especially when he "appreciated" and released the young girl), and now discomfited by the knowledge that things are about to get a lot worse for Emily. Horribly worse.

The slow and uneven pace of the story, partnered with the monochromatic wintry background, has rendered an uneasy read - and it's absolutely wonderful :) You've really built dread up quite well in this story, and I'm excited/anxious to read more.
Guest chapter 35 . 6/17/2014
This was lovely!
Hazmatt chapter 35 . 2/23/2014
Incredible story! I really enjoyed it! Very intense! I'm glad that everything worked out in the end! How exactly does Emily know the shrink? Has he helped after tough cases before?
Pheonix1995 chapter 35 . 12/29/2012
Amazing story! Loved it - couldn't put it down! :)
HGRHfan35 chapter 35 . 8/8/2012
So lovely to re-read this entire story!
HGRHfan35 chapter 7 . 8/7/2012
Seeing the lack of updates in the CM world, I am re-reading the older stories and some are a true joy to read :)
Hailey9989 chapter 35 . 8/14/2011
Well I gotta say, this was one of the weirdest, unique stories I have ever read but it was awesome.
Hailey9989 chapter 34 . 8/14/2011
I like how Emily and Snow fight for control. Gotta say, im relieved she is only kissing him, I was afraid it would be sex. But Im worried everyone but Reid is going to treat her weird, not really understanding that she couldnt control snow that well.
Hailey9989 chapter 27 . 8/14/2011
Well that was a little creepy. I just hope teh team understands and doesnt think diff of her for sort of going into another world and obeying him and becoming snow white.
Hailey9989 chapter 25 . 8/14/2011
Well Im worried about Emily recovering from this mentally.
Hailey9989 chapter 24 . 8/14/2011
Well I dont get why the team seems so shocked by Emily's behavior. They should know shes doing what she has to to survive.
Hailey9989 chapter 21 . 8/14/2011
im a lil confused by Emily. First she awakes terrified but then she starts cleaning and is looking forward to her marriage?