Reviews for Broken Touch
Barbt chapter 7 . 7/11
I'm so glad I found this story again. I remembered reading it before but didn't mark it as a favorite. I will now.
bexmania chapter 8 . 5/5
I really love this. Especially this part "How do I start over when I didn't start living until I met her?" It just punches you in the gut.
Crawcolady chapter 8 . 4/12
I do SOOOO love your story here! Please continue!
BarbT chapter 8 . 2/13
Love this, wish there was more! I'd love to watch Jack work his way through Ianto's barriers and help him heal.
Iriscs94 chapter 8 . 5/2/2016
I really love this story. I hope you update again eventually
NightShadow131 chapter 8 . 3/22/2016
Aw, this is such a wonderfully written, sad story. I thought at first that the retelling of the story might bother me, but you've done it in such a way that it's completely different than just the retelling. I love the different perspectives, being able to see it from especially Ianto's POV, and how you've gone through the emotions he's felt while fading into the background. I really love how Jack helps out so much even though he's still angry (and even understands, like when he describes losing people!). I definitely feel it's very fitting that he feels more guilty than angry once he realizes exactly how much he's taken Ianto for granted (everyone really). You did an amazing job on describing everything, and I really enjoyed the lashed out words playing in both Ianto's and Jack's mind, helping Jack understand at least a part of what Ianto was going through, especially after he hacked into the system to see Ianto. Love how gentle Jack is with Ianto as well, and it's perfect with Ianto being empathetic. At least Jack knows part of what he's dealing with and made communication much easier. The bits of flashbacks while Ianto is freaking out while Jack's trying to help him and Jack's soothing reaction are such a nice touch. Just breaks my heart. And how Owen just said that he had no idea what was going on and that they it was weird, lol... Oh! And thank you sooo much for having Owen be so professional and caring! Oh man, I can't even count how many fanfics just make him out to be this uncaring dick all the time. Yeah, he can be, of course, but he's still a doctor! He knows what his patients need. And I totally believe that this could have happened - that Owen would have looked past Ianto's betrayal in order to treat Ianto. Regardless of him being the "teaboy" Ianto is still a member of their team and had been with them for long enough for Owen to care for him and, if nothing else, feel responsible for him.
And oh man, do I hope that you're still going to update this! I knew it was incomplete when I started but I was hoping it went longer (since your chapters are so wonderfully long). I see you haven't updated in quite some time and that you had difficult times, but I hope things are going better for you now!
Keep up the amazing job and I hope to hear from you soon! :)
FranArian chapter 1 . 10/17/2015
Really hope you haven't abandoned the story forever...Please keep going with it...
FranArian chapter 8 . 9/22/2015
Wow...This story really speaks to me in a lot of ways, and not just because of my love of Torchwood. Ianto before Lisa pretty much sums up my entire time in school and first several years in the workforce. No childhood traumas to blame it on...that's just how I was, and how I too often still am when stressed. Youngest of 4, I was the 'too smart', 'too quiet', 'weird', 'dark', 'creepy' freak of the brood, with nearly 5 years between me and the next sibling. In retrospect, if I was growing up in this day and age, I likely would've been labeled as autistic. No Lisa or Jack to help me cope though...just a lot of hard work on my own and occasional rounds of medication for a recurring anxiety disorder and other harmful tendencies. So I found this story to be exceptionally meaningful and engaging. Thank you for writing it and sharing it.
ukdramafan chapter 8 . 5/6/2015
Hello again,
just checking back on some favourites. It's been over a year since this was updated, if there's any way that you can continue, please don't leave it unfinished. Thank you.
WhoAteMyEnchilada chapter 8 . 8/22/2014
OH GOD! ITS SO GOOOD PLEASE CONTINUE! OH GOD YOU GOTTA UPDATE FOR ME!
imunladylike chapter 7 . 8/13/2014
I really love the way this story concept. I've been following along for several chapters worth of posts. Please keep going. I don't care if there are long periods if time between chapters just please, don't quit. So many start a story and quit. It drives me round the bend. Thanks for your time and excellent work.
Taamar chapter 8 . 8/4/2014
It's been a while since you posted this, but...

More, please?
ukdramafan chapter 8 . 6/11/2014
PLEASE can we have some more? If you're able, I'd love to see this continued. Thank you.
cjanegray chapter 8 . 4/16/2014
Just been reading this all the way through on here. This is a very good story. It is the first I have read where I truly understand Lisa and love her for the way she is. Because of that we get to feel her and Ianto's pain so realistically. For once their love is the true heartbreak it was and should have been. It made me cry for them both.
Saying that, Jack is also great as someone who looks at himself and sees his mistakes and acts on them. The scenes with him and Ianto over the last couple of chapters have been fantastic. Jack is managing to convey to Ianto something of loss and grieving that only one who has been through it can truly know.
Very well done, I'm looking forward to more and thank you for sharing.
coralie14 chapter 8 . 4/9/2014
Great story. Love it. Interested in seeing all the added Trurma Ianto has been through.