Reviews for Default Highschool Girl
SeaRover1986 chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Understandable if you only saw the anime, but Kagami's teacher is canonized in the manga as Hikaru Sakuraba, and the class itself is 3-C, not 3-B.
BHS chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
Oooh... a story of my second-favorite Lucky Star girl trying to seduce my first-favorite? YES PLEASE. I AM INTERESTED IN THIS.

It seems promising so far, off to read more...
Edge S.G. Maverick chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
I praise you heavily for your creativity, as well as thank you for give me a great idea.
Edge S.G. Maverick chapter 3 . 1/20/2012
I DO feel bad for Hiyori, your right.
Edge S.G. Maverick chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I give you credit, this seems like a legitamitly good pairing/story so far. ;)
Taku-yaki chapter 4 . 7/1/2011
I've read every single chapter, and I absolutely loved it. The characters were described so perfectly, it was as if I was actually them.

A few errors every now and then, but they're hard to see if you're too absorbed in the story to actually recognize them.

All in all, good job.
Yukari-nyan chapter 4 . 9/30/2010
New pairing. Good. Good story. Yes.
Warclam chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Poke!

Translation: An update to this excellent story would be much appreciated.
camo chapter 4 . 4/12/2010
I liked. :)
Condor green chapter 4 . 1/27/2010
I hate how you don't update this... Oh well maybe seeing the annoying review notifier in your email will remind you of everyone left hanging.
Sturmgeschuts chapter 4 . 8/6/2009
Hmm... I wonder... there was something in there about unusual pairings and finding a logical way to make it happen... were those the words of the character or the author, hmm... well since Hiyori isn't really covered you can get away with it... same for some of the other cast... but that's just me rambling... anyway, some people might find this story unconvincing but then again... those are people stuck in the mindset that what happens in anime dosen't happen in real life! Trust me! This stuff happens! Been there, done that, got the bruises and headache to prove it!

Don't let people get ya down about the story having a not so great couple... lucky star leaves you hanging so much that just about anything is possible... besides, the standard couple of Konami has become a normal thing... and as my profile states, Normality is Overrated!

One thing that kept nagging for my attention though... If you read the story carefully, and try to imagine saying the text in real life (Or actually do it) you might find that you're short a few commas(,) Not a huge issue, but it makes things easier for people who are used to reading more difficult novels and the like...

you're doing well considering that you're probably getting flamed left, right, and center for the un-typical pairing... if people get on your case and say that the story won't work... do what a REAL writer does to flamers and internet snobs... ignore them.

Be confident, this story is turning out well despite what others may say, I wish you the best of luck!

-Sturm

P.S. Don't worry about being long winded, it gives the reader the all-important insight of the writer
Warclam chapter 4 . 6/23/2009
I can has update?
angel0wonder chapter 4 . 5/20/2009
OI! You still alive? You need to update this stuff!
RezleVettems chapter 4 . 5/2/2009
A love triangle? Now this story is getting really interesting! You portray Konata as bit of a rough trickster, like her entire life and every second of it revolves around manipulating, mischief, and being quite annoying. But I would say at the end of this story you really balanced out your writing and formed a great style which is perfect for your talent at humor and character portrayal.

But, of course, as I said earlier I still cannot see Hiyori and Kagami as even a decent couple. I was expecting this story to change my mind but it didn't and I can't really trust that your continuation would change my mind either. VampireCabbit proved Misao x Tsukasa could work by doing a pre-romance story just like you, showing how the characters relate and how they can work together as a potential couple. There was none of that in this story and I really don't see Hiyori being completely serious about or Kagami accepting this relationship.

Putting my slight disappointment aside towards the romantic part of the story, everything else was spectacular. I would definitely rate this story better if it wasn't implied you were actually trying to hook Hiyori up with Kagami. If it's purely one sided then this is one of the best stories in the section but if it's supposed to end as Hiyori x Kagami I can't praise this story as much as everyone else. I write a long, critical review because I care and I would wish my readers to do the same, I'm not trying to flame you or anything. You have written a great, great story that seems to ONLY lack in the actual couple working out.
RezleVettems chapter 3 . 5/2/2009
As always your portrayal of Hiyori is phenomenal, she acts quite geeky and awkward which is just like I'd imagine her to be like in such a situation. Kagami was portrayed quite well too though it does feel a bit strange to see her so casual and calm all the time. The problem I'm facing with this story is that I still can't see Hiyori and Kagami as a couple and with the next chapter I can't really believe that's going to change, they don't seem to connect at all. This story is mostly-to me-the crazy experiences and behavior of Hiyori because of the lack of a connection.

Your writing has improved though and you maintain a good sense of humor in the story while keeping everyone in character. I can't wait to see how chapter 4 goes.