Reviews for Flaming Greens
wendums chapter 7 . 11/21/2011
Interesting little fic
bookworm0492 chapter 7 . 3/31/2010
I gotta say, you've deffinetly started to suck me into this story. Four people and we already see very interesting character devlopment and plot. The details of the areas are amazing and Im happy to say im very eager to see the next chapter.

I like Jarraden the best becuase he reminds me of myself a little but the other three are very interesting too! I couldnt help but gigle a little when Vendra discovered that his fellow castaway was a girl.

Deffinetly going to make the this marooning more interesting yes?

I really cant wait for an update!
minty tiger chapter 7 . 1/25/2009
I like the story so far!

It's great how you've taken the first four chapters to first establish the characters and their backgrounds before launching into the story - it gives the tale depth and we feel sympathy for each character.

I hope you update soon!
Miz636 chapter 7 . 12/31/2008
This is really good. I'm going to go look at some more of your stuff because this was so good.
Pathseekerme chapter 7 . 12/31/2008
You are a very good writer! You might want to re-word your last sentence; I don't think "we-rounded" is a word, but other than that, I really like your writing. Keep it up, and one of these days I'll be buying your books instead of reading them on !
truegold-dragonstar chapter 7 . 12/30/2008
Hey, welcome back! So Vendra is a good guy after all. Well, I mean, I guess I knew that in general terms, but it's nice to see him do something spontaneously selfless rescuing Eidri. Although I was surprised he didn't even consider 'if I rescue that boy he'll be stuck here with me - someone to talk to!' given just how lonely he's been.

Also you're using the term 'okay' - I know you're looking at a more modern Pern, but I'm still not sure if that's appropriate. Maybe 'all right' would be more suitable?

Also you have a typo in the last paragraph - 'we' for 'well'.

Aside from that, great chapter! Looking forward to more.

GinnyStar chapter 2 . 11/15/2008
Well as you said new crafts and things change with no Thread at all. There is a lot of water on Pern. So using it to ship good and trade and transportation.

Great Story. :D
GinnyStar chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Well its written very well, as the technology improves so does the way records are kept on or in this can in. :D

So true about transcriping records to as correct as possable.

I can't wait to see what happen next.
truegold-dragonstar chapter 6 . 9/18/2008
Good chapter. The only thing I'm a little unsure about is the way that her father's fire lizard picks up her mental images - sure it's used to working with her, but I don't know if they would have actual mental contact.

Keep writing

Isolde Jansma chapter 6 . 9/15/2008
This is good, and well written too (I might add), with some interesting characters. I look forward to reading more. :)
Charli800 chapter 6 . 9/11/2008
I wonder what Kesbara really wants. This is an interesting development of the Western culture. The tension between Kesbara and her father adds nicely to the story's tension.

My only complaint is that I couldn't figure out this sentence:

"Yes, so Suli had always said that Esdrith thought she’d make a good rider; could even stand as a Candidate for the Queen egg, if there happened to be one on the sands at the time but, for the families of the Far Western Continent, where there wasn’t even a Weyr present."

The length and complexity confused me a little.

Charli
Charli800 chapter 5 . 9/5/2008
I liked this chapter! I like Jarraden, really I suppose. I enjoyed his excitement and attempt to calm himself down, despite his shock at being searched.

I think I've picked up a couple of typos:

'Now let’s get out of the sun before a turn as red as a boiled spine-claw.'

'a set of small white mark'

I wondered about your use of the word 'guys'. It seemed a little out of place in Pern.

I enjoyed my read. Thank you.

Charli
Charli800 chapter 4 . 9/5/2008
I definitely liked the first two characters better than these two, but more action seems to happen here!

I am awash with curiosity about the Harper Hall's evil deeds. I can't imagine what could have happened there.

I found the use of italics a little distracting, but I'm still fascinated and about to jump into the next chapter!
cathrl chapter 5 . 9/5/2008
I'm much enjoying this - but I must say I am hoping for a plot. I mean a particular event or happening, something to be dealt with and finished off, beyond the soap opera of following these characters through Search and Impression and training...
truegold-dragonstar chapter 5 . 9/5/2008
Great chapter! Although we did know, from your summary, that they were going to get Searched, I think you have portrayed the emotions vividly and accurately. Have a cookie.