Reviews for The Porcelain Orchid
kakashi2chrono chapter 21 . 4/28
More pleaseeee!
Guest chapter 19 . 8/19/2015
Gah I finally found it! I read this years ago, but lost the link and been searching on and off ever since. Phew, search over, awesome! Now I can read more of the more awesome mystery suspense fics out there again. That it contians one of my favorite pairings is just an awesome bonus!
A very sad fan chapter 21 . 1/15/2015
It... It's ends. It just ends.
It M so sad. This is one of the best fics on here and it just ends. -sniffle-
leafstone chapter 21 . 3/1/2014
great story.
Nicala Flamelle chapter 21 . 1/17/2014
Hello Slinky!

I just wanted to take the time to say just how much I enjoyed this story. Your writing is excellent and you do a phenomenal job with the pacing of a unique plot. However, I think where you really excell is in your characterization. You manage to write the interactions between characters in a wonderfully witty and touching way, which also captures the subtle traits in their personalities.
Even tricky characters are presented as complex and compelling individuals. You successfully balance both the serious and comical elements inherent in Kakashi's character. Likewise, Sakura shows both her strength and vulnerability without coming off as weak or one dimensional - something that many authors seem to have trouble with. All in all kudos to you!

While I love your take on Sakura and Kakashi's shifting relationship (it may just be my favorite interpretation yet _-), I have a great appreciation for the effort you put into developing secondary characters. The dynamic between Naruto and Sai; Iruka's desk fetish; these things really help in bringing this story to life and making it feel like one is reading an extended (and I would argue better) version of the manga.

I know that life gets the better of all of us at time, but I would let you know that I am so, so greatful for the time you have put into this gem of a story. I hope you do choose to continue Orchid in the future, even if it is 5 years from now, because it is without a doubt one of the best (and most underrated) in Narutodom. I shall be waiting for an update with bated breath. Until then, best of luck in the real world and thanks again for a wonderful read!

Ciao,
NF
Caeria chapter 21 . 11/10/2013
Everyone always stops writing just as the story gets good. It's like some cosmic rule: Thou Shall Not Stop a Story During the Boring Parts. I hate that rule. But, this was so good that I'll have to follow it just on the off chance it does get updated one day.
NotAndreea chapter 21 . 8/13/2013
Looking forward to the next chapter!
Awesome so far!
K-Bird Lily 2 chapter 12 . 8/8/2013
I just love Pakkun :) and his serious silliness
paranaoblue chapter 21 . 2/11/2013
This story is really interesting so far. I like that there's a lot going on and the perspective changes were done well. They added a lot to the story (Iruka and his OCDness and desk fetish made me laugh so hard because I could really picture him being that way). I also loved the little descriptions you would give here and there that added onto the story. The small things like describing how Kakashi 'poofed' and how he taught her was a short passage overall, but I really enjoyed it. It was descriptions like that that really stood out to me while I was reading.

I enjoyed that Sakura would try to follow his train of thought about the whole trust thing and going back to the way things were. He either could actually have been planning on doing exactly what she'd thought but impulsively changed his mind or he really hadn't been thinking that deeply at all. I often find that in my idea of Kakashi, he seems to either be perceptive and think things through all the way in a really intelligent fashion or sometimes he just does things without really thinking at all. I feel like you nailed it there. I usually don't like to read WIPs, but I think it was worth it to start reading this one. Looking forward to your next update!
Tokyo Queen Go-Go Yubari chapter 21 . 8/21/2012
you must update! this awesome!
Snowxhardy chapter 21 . 7/23/2012
Wow, one of the best KakaSaku stories I've ever read on this site. I do hope you finish this magnificent piece. I love it.
And Kakashi being drunk was hilarious to read!
hbklover1412 chapter 14 . 7/3/2012
This chapter was really detailed (not saying that all of them aren't, but this one made me feel like i was there) especially when Kakashi was being tortured i had to ball my hands into a fist cause i felt like someone was sticking me with needles. Also i LOVED the conversation between kakashi and sakura in the cell about all the missions kakashi had been on it was funny. "Now he is just bragging." lol love it :)
hbklover1412 chapter 13 . 7/3/2012
No! kakashi he went down too easily that ANBU must be very powerful then. Great, but also sad chapter. Well on to the next one :)

P.S: In one of the previous chapters Kakashi used his lightening technique you called it "chidori" I just thought i would inform you that only young Kakashi used chidori he later developed it into a stronger version called "Lightning blade" or "Raikiri"
Babette chapter 21 . 1/16/2012
This is possibly one of the most under appreciated Sakura-Kakashi fic's I've come across. The plot line in developed and nuanced, themes keep popping up and running throughout. The character develepment is suberb, not only for the 'main characters' but also for all of the subplots that keep the story going on. As I'm reading this I find myself Wanting to know what other furniture Irkua is going to obtain. Not only that but the characters are very much in character. They have the playful side, but also stay true to the morals and defining moments that support their actions. Not only that but you've placed them in a world that is vibrant, well described, and interesting to imagine. You probably won't finish this because of the time you've left it alone, and that's okay, just know you began to write one of the best fan fictions I've read.
Green-Eyed Nobody chapter 21 . 8/3/2011
This story really interested me, it was posted quite a while ago, so I'm guessing it's discontinued, which is quite upsetting.

I hope you decide to re-continue the story.