Reviews for Something About Us
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
If you can still go back to this and write more, please do. THANK YOU!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
Nope. I can't do it. I can't get over this. This was so beautiful and it just left my heart racing. I just couldn't stop picturing what would happen next. Both Sasuke and Naruto are left to a later to be discovered cruel fate. I can't help but think back to the part of the show/manga where Naruto told Sasuke that if they fought they would both die. I think Naruto said something along the lines of "then we will finally be rid of our burdens, me the kyuubi, and you the cursed Uchiha fate." It's so sad and I feel like the way you wrote it in a way stuck to that theme. They need each other, even if they're both dead... They need eachother. Excellent job. I apologize if they're are any spelling/gramtical errors... my tears are blurring my v
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
*sob* so sad, made me cry... Well written :)
bridmatt chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
This killed me. Unfortunately, it was so obvious the whole way through that Naruto was making a terrible decision, but he'd made up his mind and that was that. In the years to come, I think this decision will come back to haunt him. No matter what happens with Hinata, he'll be living a lie with her. How can he ever be happy when he's experienced something like this with Sasuke? And it's absolutely cruel to Hinata for him to be with her just because she can give him kids and not because he truly loves her. If Hinata was only with Naruto because she wanted a family and there weren't any stronger feelings, it would be OK because then they'd be mutually using each other, but she *loves* him and Naruto doesn't feel the same way because Sasuke will always be in his heart. The sex, the feelings, and the companionship he will have with her will never be equal to what he would've had with Sasuke. And Naruto will always know it.

It's all the worse because Sasuke was both Naruto's best friend and the person he loves more than "it's possible to love someone." What could Hinata or anyone else give him to replace that? Naruto will always be grateful for their children and won't regret that part of his decision, but without Sasuke, he's basically sacrificing his own personal happiness, even if he hasn't realized it yet.

And then there's Sasuke. If Sasuke dies, Naruto will always blame himself for his death, and will know that this was the one moment he could have prevented it, could have truly accepted Sasuke's love (instead of doing it grudgingly so Sasuke wouldn't leave), and that will always be on his conscience. How could he ever possibly hope to be happy after that? It will always eat away at him and Hinata will never be able to take that pain away because it was Naruto himself who made that decision. And who knows, maybe in his lowest moments, Naruto will somewhat blame her for it (she'll become his convenient scapegoat when he gets tired of hating himself) and that can't possibly be good for their marriage. Naruto is honorable and wouldn't truly blame Hinata for his own unhappiness, but everyone has bad moments and she'd be the easiest target for his unhappiness.

Assuming it all goes better than that and Sasuke doesn't die (maybe the Itachi in this universe has the same illness canon Itachi did?) and Sasuke does end up restarting his clan, I still can't see Naruto being satisfied with that. It won't ever go the way that he wants it to with his and Sasuke's families hanging out and being happy together. Sasuke might decide not to return to the village, or if he does, might try avoiding Naruto for his own self-protection. But perhaps Sasuke won't do that. Perhaps he'll try to make Naruto's dream come true by acting the part of the happy best friend with his happy family, just as Naruto wants. (Incidentally, Naruto telling Sasuke he'd be the godfather of his kid was incredibly tacky. As if that makes up for everything!) In that particular case, things still won't ever be the same because of what's happened here. Their friendship will always be permanently different. There would necessarily be a distance that they never had before.

And moreover, Naruto *thinks* he'd be happy for Sasuke to have a family, but when the time comes, he'll be just as miserable seeing Sasuke with another person as Sasuke is seeing Naruto with Hinata. And he'll be miserable watching Sasuke go through the motions with that other person, never truly happy, knowing that Naruto could have made him happy if he'd accepted Sasuke's love.

And finally, there's Naruto's potential children... How will they feel when/if they find out that their father never truly loved their mother and always loved someone else? Children pick up on these things after all. They'll figure out their parents' marriage was never all it could have been, even if they never find out about Sasuke. And if they do find out that the love of their father's life was godfather Sasuke...

So in the end, Naruto's choice here will end up making a whole host of people unhappy. Himself, Sasuke, Hinata, and his children. And he can be partially blamed for any unhappiness all of this causes Sasuke's wife and children (assuming he has them). It would be really shitty if Sasuke does end up marrying Sakura because then Naruto would have hurt all the people closest to him, either directly or indirectly. (Though I think Sasuke would be smart enough not to involve her in all of this.) I agree with the previous reviewer who said a sequel to this fic would have been nice, if only to see a Naruto who ends up being miserable because of *his own* choices because Sasuke almost always gets blamed for everything, unfortunately.

Absolutely devastating last line, by the way. It really made me feel sorry for Sasuke because even if Itachi doesn't kill him, he's pretty much just died in this last moment regardless. His one shot for happiness is gone. And it also very simply underscores how foolish all of Naruto's plans for their future were. No matter what will happen, Naruto has just permanently lost Sasuke. (Basically everything that I've been rambling about in this review, succinctly summed up in one sentence.)

Anyway, very nice fic, thanks for sharing!
HowDoYouDoop chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Kamaete chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Aw. Amazing... Just. Amazing. I feel so sad for Sasuke... Just... how he knew what Naruto was going to say and already making plans to resume his life. It's so... heart breaking. Honostly, I like this as a one shot... I'd be ecstatic if it grew extra chapters. I'd be content with the way it is. O.o This is so sad. I love it. It's amazing and heart wrenching and other emotional stuff...
UchihaAkimoto chapter 1 . 6/9/2009

It's one word to describe this story. Even though they were fighting, I think that they were very gentle with each other. I liked it.

Now, I would like to add some constructive critique with this review too, so that it won't be just compliments.

Now, there are things that could have been improved. The story is very much about dialogue, showing a lot of feelings through their words and actions.

But I think that you could have deepened the story a little, with details that might seem meaningless at the time.

Where they were fighting - how did it look? Was it warm, maybe they were sweating because the sun was shining on their already worn-out bodies?

How did they look? Were they both bloody and sweaty and disgusting? Was Naruto beautiful? Did he wear his usual clothes or maybe he had reached his first goal, meaning that he was wearing his Hokage robes?

Those are just a few questions that could be answered oh-so-easily, that would give the story a little more depth, a little more feeling. Even though I really feel with them.

The way they can't be together, for Naruto is chasing the ultimate dream - to make a family. He might not have the same strong feelings for Hinata as he has for Sasuke, but she can give him babies. Poor, miserable Sasuke can't.

And Sasuke, it felt like he just turned in the end. Going from "I love you, stay with me forever, never leave me, ksis me" to "If you don't love me, I'm going after Itachi."

Was it because he suddenly felt insecure? Was it because he didn't have anything more to live for? Wasn't Naruto's friendship enough?

I liked the story, all in all. I would like to write more, but I can see now that I don't have the time. If you'd like me to, I could send a PM with further critism and compliments.

Thank you for writing an enterntaining story. I hope that this review will help you a little on your way to improve as a writer.

skyglazingMaro chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
*sob* that was so beautiful
Daisuki chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
Although it makes me sad, I'm kind of glad you left them with a heartbreaking ending. It really fits the story, and is more realistic then prancing into the sunset holding hands.

Ah, what beautifully broken love.

TheDemonQueen1 chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Ok I actually cried. You did an amazing job of bringing the emotions into this fic. I am sure you have probably already made up your mind on if you will make this into a chapter fic or not, but I have to add my two cents. I think this would be a great story. I would be intrigued as to how it would end. I have one request. If you don't make it a chapter fic tell me how it would have ended if you had. I am probably one of the most curious people you will ever meet so I would love to know how you would have ended it. Well this was a great fic, and I loved reading about Sasu crying. It was very powerful imagery to how much Naru means to him and how with Naru he can live again for the right reasons. Well great story. Ja ne!
twnkledust chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
The way your are able to portray the emotions through text is amazing. I really enjoyed the one shot. Thank you. :]
Monkeyface17 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008 absolutely wonderful.

I just wish they got to be together in the end. was really nicely written. i liked it a lot. :)
Ubiko chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
This story just break my heart with its bitter sweet tones.

I guess no matter how old they are Sasuke and Naruto will continue to fight against each other or rather fight the love that they feel for each other. Too bad they will lose on that.

I was so sad and yet glad that this time it was Sasuke who was begging well as close as he could for Naruto to be with him. As for Naruto as much as it breaks my heart I can understand why he would want to be with Hinata. He wants a family and Hinata loves him and despite that he doesn't love her as much as he loves Sasuke there is a tender love there. Sasuke was so upset and he's very stubborn like a child who is throwing a tantrum and its quite understandable.I liked that part of him that you portrayed because I think that when he becomes like that it's the only time when he is human without Naruto to bring that part out of him.

Sasuke is so desperate and he knows it that no matter what even if Naruto loves him he will be denied his only love. It's really sad because this Sasuke is one that is in my opinion true to cannon. He accomplished his goals, but he is an empty man if he's not with Naruto. And I'm upset at Naruto because he's using Hinata and if Hinata knows that Naruto truly loves Sasuke than she too is deniying herself and living in an illusion along with Naruto.

And I mean Sasuke is exposing himself and saying things like "More than anyone else, I need you in my life.” and seriously to me I think Naruto wants to experience that he is needed for him and no one else.

The lemon was utter love. Both of them were desperate to feel each other and when it was over Naruto was upset at being hated and he did not want Sasuke to deny him of a normal family life.

It's ironic that this time Sasuke leaves if he does and at the end I was in tears. Sasuke finally learned to value all the emotions that he kept from anyone for so long.
Becks chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
I forgot how much I love this fic ... then again, things are always better when they're read for a second time.

Excrutiatingly brilliant.

Hn, I was listening to some of my more "depressing" songs while reading this, and honestly, I'm crying while I'm typing this. I love how you've written them, it's just ... perfect in it's *VERY* slight OOCness.

Awesome ... yeah :o)
shadow-of-a-demon chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Aw man, that was just so... beautiful. I had tears in my eyes and it's been awhile since I've come across a good enough story to make me tear up. :P

I don't know if I'd want you to continue it. It's just so perfect the way it is. The emotions are just so deep, they made my heart ache. I rather liked the way it ended, but I'd still read it if you continued it.

Amazing job!