Reviews for The Death
kitcat19us chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
great story
MagentaEmeraldTangerineEbony chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I loved it but I found it so sad. At least it ended somewhat happily and Mr Rochester and Jane could still be together even after death. One of my favourite Jane Eyre stories.
4give4get chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
hi, Nasim!

Serena here...

I checked out your forum, and it looks pretty cool! You requested a review, and here it is!

WOW, so sad! Our darling, Edward is dead! You could really feel Jane's pain through the whole story, so that was quite well done. It's good how you mentioned their children, and when you did, it wasn't super confusing. I just noticed that about any stories that take place later after they have a bunch of kids, it's horribly written and super confusing because they just list a bunch of names. So kudos to you.

When our darling Jane died at the end, I felt horrible, but then happy because they were together again. I could see this actually happening in relation to JE, so great story!

-Serena
Janefaerie chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
This is tremendously sad. I always felt a conflict over how Jane would react to Edward's death; would she be aghast or would she withstand the sorrow and resist despair...I don't know...I think you catch a plausible answer and a poetic ending. Nice.

On a technical note, watch out for comma splices (eg. Edward is dark, Jane is small.)

I really enjoyed your final paragraph with it's "line of graves"...Interesting note, I have visited the Bronte Parsonage in Haworth and just beyond their house is a graveyard overflowing with tombstones. I thought it was cool that you said "lines of graves" in light of this. It evoked a profound image for me..:)