Reviews for Blind Faith
carolej126 chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
I really enjoyed your story! I love fics that expand on the relationship between the boys, and this one did just that. It was great to see how Dean supported Sam during the down time, encouraging him to wait before making any decisions or giving up on the hunting I also liked how Sam accepted Dean's assistance, knowing that it was given from the heart. Carole
Brenny chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
ow this one was really sweet! very well written and you wanna know something funny? i had to shower blind myself yesterday night, we had a bad thunderstorm and well the power was off for several hours, but little me had to shower, so i took all the candles i could find with me, was still pretty dark *g*
Loves the Supernatural chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
awesome job as usual

I really enjoy reading your stories
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Thanks for sharing another story with us. I always love to see your name in my alerts, because no matter how emotional the story gets, you still make me smile and I know you will give me a happy ending.

Plus I loved this one because it was long, thanks!

I have seen where other authors are currently or have written stories along this line, but every author can have a different take and I liked yours. You covered the difficulties of being blind and how the brothers tried to adapt, but you didn't drag it out.

I love how you started your story with a bang...literally. Sam's trust in Dean even while he was in pain was perfect.

I like how you switched between the brothers thoughts, giving us thoughts from each of them.

Dean trying to stay calm and than helping Sam at the hospital.

Many times I had to smile, when Dean sat in the waiting room with his arm casually flung behind Sam to calm him, noting all the exits and assessing every person there, touching Sam's shoulder to help calm him while the doctor looked at his eyes, telling the doctor he was not going anyway and letting Sam grip his hand.

Dean did a wonderful job of taking care of Sam and yet letting him be independent too while staying in the motel.

I know that Sam didn't mean to hurt Dean by saying they needed to split up if Sam stayed blind, yet I could see either brother saying that. I like how Dean went outside, he figured he might need to calm down before one of them said something they couldn’t take back and of course loved how Sam went 'looking' for his brother.

Perfect moment when the bandages were removed and Sam could see the bruise on Dean's face. Than Dean gave Sam the sunglasses as they left the hospital.

Sam's thoughts at the end were perfect.

'Deep down he knew the answer to the question though – they would have dealt with it, together, just like they always did.

And maybe that certainty was better than all the blind faith in the world.'

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Oh, just in case my cats, who are very happy that I'm home from vacation, have messed up my log in, it's me. :)

Until next time, take care.
DarthJackie chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
That was awesome, great job!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Really awesome story here!
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Whoa. You can really "see" that happening. (Yeah, bad.) Maybe once the whole Dean going/ gone/ been to Hell thing is over, we can have this...
KatieLB chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
great job on this one... i love how brave dean was trying to act so sam couldnt pick up the slightest clues that he was worried... oh those boys. I really liked it
spnMom chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Really nice story. Losing a limb or losing your eyesight... Both would be difficult and severely hamper these guys lives. If Sam stayed blind, he could probably still do some research since computers can pretty much read for you now days... however, most of the stuff they want to read is probably not available online and even if it was... bye bye skimming. Tough situation you almost but them in... Thanks for clearing it up before closing. I really liked this one.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Beautiful little fic. Really well done. I loved the care and support that Dean had for Sam during all of that. I was worried for a bit, but didn't figure that you would make it permanent.

Thanks, sweetie. I loved it! chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
That was awesome Michaela - you know how much I love injured/hurt Sam, so long as he's always healed of course!

Great how you portrayed him as strong and trying to do things for himself, and Dean letting him, quashing his instincts to guide his brother! So glad you didn't go down the clingy, needy route but then you are so inside their heads you wouldn't write him out of character!

Loved too the banter amongst the stress of not knowing if at the end of the week Sam would be okay - and just loved Sam's "Hey, can I drive?" which drew the typical Dean retort!

Loved it hon!
jenilee chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Well I’ve been a little lax in my reviewing lately but had to say, never apologise for blinding Sammy…lol. Ok what can I say I have a special love for blind fics, especially Sam… which is pretty much a given being a Sam girl and all. Anyway my grandmother was totally blind and as kids my sis and I spent a lot of time groping around our house trying to be like her cos she was an incredible woman. You also couldn’t get away with a dang thing in her house cos she could hear you ten states away. LOLOLOL

“Dean casually flung his arm across the back of Sam’s chair, feeling his brother lean into it with a slight smile. It was a little awkward trying to fill the forms in one handed but the noticeable lessening of the tension in Sam’s face made it worth it.”
staceycj chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
*sheepish grin* I can't believe that you did this one. I am so humbled as a reviewer. This was a freaking awesome story. I loved how Sam went nuts on Dean. That is sort of how I would figure he would be. You wrote this beautifully and I can't say enough good things. Thank you so much for writing this one. Awesome. Simply awesome.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
There can never be enough stories with one of them inpaired and everyones take on it will be different so welcome and thank you.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2