Reviews for Department of Archives
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 27 . 7/10/2013
Next chapter is my last review, having already reviewed the actual last chapter.
I love Floyd, but hate him at the same time. I'd totally ship him and Lyn, to be honest!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 26 . 7/10/2013
How is Bruse so calm when he took Crane's poison? I thought he didn't take the antidote... That's kinda confusing. Did it wear off?
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 25 . 7/9/2013
If Bruse Wayne was in my bed, for whatever reason, I'd flip out.
AND HOLY SHIT, I HATE MARY! I mean, really! Freaking out over a tabloid. And Chad, too! WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SUCH A FUCKING DICK?!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 24 . 7/9/2013
I LOVE it when Lyn kisses Batman instead of Bruse. Even though they're the same person. I always like the guys in the suits more than the guys. Batman over Bruse and Ironman over Tony.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 23 . 7/8/2013
I like Flyod. Even though I know he's dead shot and was on the tree branch, aiming for his father until the branch broke and he shot his brother.
Part of me is attracted to him as any reader would be attracted to the stunning male main character. Even though he's not the male main character. He's like a more charming, deadly version of Bruse Wayne- excluding the Batman persona.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 22 . 7/8/2013
Falling is the best part.
"Sometimes I wish for falling,
Wish for the release,
Wish for falling through the air,
To give me some relief,
Because falling's not the problem.
When I'm falling I'm in peace.
It's only when I hit the ground,
It causes all the grief."
That song (Falling by Florence The Machine) plays in my head every time I hear or read the word "falling".
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 21 . 7/8/2013
I wonder if that's what women go through when they marry a rich guy. I mean, sure, they'd have their own cooks or butlers or whatever, but there'd have to be a time when a woman has to the dishes herself. Though I suppose the rich husband wouldn't help unless forced to.
...You're making me see all the cons of marring a rich guy. Never doing that.
So anyway; I love this story SO FREAKING MUCH. I also hate it for being so outstanding. Like I said, I can never read another batman fanfiction.
The same thing happened to me with an Ironman fanfiction. I always read the best stories first, and then I am really disappointed when I realize the rest just SUCK. A nice anonymous reader of your story found my reviews and reccomended some other batman fics, but I know they won't be as great.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
I wish my older brother would teach me how to fight. He taught my 3-years-younger-than-me best friend, but refuses to teach me Oh well.
I don't live in Gotham... Or DC, so I'd never really need it.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 19 . 7/8/2013
ONLY TEN CHAPTERS LEFT BEFORE I CONTINUE WHINING LIKE A BABY.
Seriously, this was the first Batman fanfic I've ever read. I can't read any others, now. They pale in comparison.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 18 . 7/8/2013
Lyn has to be pretty amazing to be able to put up with Bruse's billionaire-playboy facade.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 17 . 7/7/2013
Oh my god. Getting to the duck part and KNOWING what was coming, I flipped my shit. Watching the end of Mass Effect 3 again while I was reading, I discovered a person could sob like a baby while fangirling the fuck out. It was a tantalizing experience. I'm never doing that combination again.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 16 . 7/7/2013
Lyn is a horrible liar. I would have given a death glare to Mary while lying and saying I have a date with (insert name of fictional character that many people haven't heard of) and WALK THE FUCK AWAY.
Honestly, I'm embarrassed for Lyn. I'm harboring emotions for a character created in the wonderfulness that is your mind.
...
Oh god.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 15 . 7/7/2013
Chad confuses me. Did he have a crush on Lyn at some point in his life? Is he starting a relationship with Rose? Why does auto-correct always change Rose to Rosè- with that accent on the e? Why is Chad such a doormat?
kingly queen chapter 29 . 7/7/2013
I know how fickle an author's muse can be... but please, please update this. It's really one of the best I've read. Lyn is a wonderful OC. You've created an amazing character by showing her characteristics and idiosyncrasies rather than telling your readers what they are, which makes her more compelling and real. She's a kooky one, with her bread nabbing techniques and her unique turn of phrases that make me laugh. Reading Department of Archives through Lyn's first person narrative is really quite grounding when the plot makes a sharp turn.

I like your characterization of Bruce as well. At no point did he seem out of character, even though your portrayal of him is shades lighter and freer than in the movies. Sardonic, clever, driven. It's like who he might have been if his first love hadn't gone and died.

In hindsight, it's also intriguing to see how your story progressed from start to finish. It's quite long, so you don't notice it as it happens, but the beginning of DoA was more about establishing character and dynamic. If you wanted to, you could have turned this into a cutesy, girl-dates-batman and have that be the major driving force behind the plot. But as the story progresses, the reader becomes more and more deeply embroiled in the mystery, and all these unanswered questions. It's suspenseful and gripping.

I hope you'll give us the answers, one day. I know you're a human being, with a busy life and work to do. So I hope you don't take this as me haranguing you to update. And this is insanely forward of me, but if you ever do write for DoA again, and if having a beta reader would make things easier for you, I'd love to offer my services.

Thank you! This story is a gift.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 14 . 7/6/2013
"Then the evil, practical, pinprick of a spot in my brain sends me an image of Rachel, popping my bubble of hope in an instant."
I wish I could have some sort of thought to burst my own bubble of romantic hope around an attractive man when he compliments me, so I don't stand there like a bloody idiot for two minutes before accusing them of being male prostitutes and walking away, never to see the person again.
And I thought Bruce drew poorly? When Batman was in Lyns room, he drew her a poorly drawn picture of a bat in flight? Or was that just rushed or because of his gauntlets?
1,476 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »