Reviews for Department of Archives
kingly queen chapter 29 . 7/7/2013
I know how fickle an author's muse can be... but please, please update this. It's really one of the best I've read. Lyn is a wonderful OC. You've created an amazing character by showing her characteristics and idiosyncrasies rather than telling your readers what they are, which makes her more compelling and real. She's a kooky one, with her bread nabbing techniques and her unique turn of phrases that make me laugh. Reading Department of Archives through Lyn's first person narrative is really quite grounding when the plot makes a sharp turn.

I like your characterization of Bruce as well. At no point did he seem out of character, even though your portrayal of him is shades lighter and freer than in the movies. Sardonic, clever, driven. It's like who he might have been if his first love hadn't gone and died.

In hindsight, it's also intriguing to see how your story progressed from start to finish. It's quite long, so you don't notice it as it happens, but the beginning of DoA was more about establishing character and dynamic. If you wanted to, you could have turned this into a cutesy, girl-dates-batman and have that be the major driving force behind the plot. But as the story progresses, the reader becomes more and more deeply embroiled in the mystery, and all these unanswered questions. It's suspenseful and gripping.

I hope you'll give us the answers, one day. I know you're a human being, with a busy life and work to do. So I hope you don't take this as me haranguing you to update. And this is insanely forward of me, but if you ever do write for DoA again, and if having a beta reader would make things easier for you, I'd love to offer my services.

Thank you! This story is a gift.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 14 . 7/6/2013
"Then the evil, practical, pinprick of a spot in my brain sends me an image of Rachel, popping my bubble of hope in an instant."
I wish I could have some sort of thought to burst my own bubble of romantic hope around an attractive man when he compliments me, so I don't stand there like a bloody idiot for two minutes before accusing them of being male prostitutes and walking away, never to see the person again.
And I thought Bruce drew poorly? When Batman was in Lyns room, he drew her a poorly drawn picture of a bat in flight? Or was that just rushed or because of his gauntlets?
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 13 . 7/6/2013
I'm kinda scared to read on. I don't want this story to end, even though I'm not even half way through yet.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 12 . 7/6/2013
I just adore Lyn, but Bob is still my favorite! I love that he's so smart, and a little insane, but not the dangerous kind of insane!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 11 . 7/6/2013
Alfred is SUCH a neat freak. Seriously. All those sorting thingies.
-.-
Tribute chapter 29 . 7/5/2013
I have the date of your last chapter memorized. I remember how happy I was when I saw that you updated, and I remember how sad I was when I read the end of the chapter. I checked everyday to see if you had updated. I kept telling myself " Its only been a couple months since she updated. Give her sometime" The months grew longer, and I stopped looking everyday.
Now it's been a year and a half since you have last updated. If you could just put up something, saying your still working on the story, or that it you won't be continuing, it would make me very happy just to know that you are still alive.
This has been one of my favorite fanfictions. And it was one of the first ones I read. The story is good, and your writing is amazing and almost flawless.
I love this story and would love to hear something from you in an authors note.

Tribute
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 10 . 7/5/2013
So Lyn is basically a cockblock to Rose and Chad? I've never read any of the batman comics or seen Batman Begins, so I don't know if some of these characters are real characters or OCs, but I like them and how they're written either way!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 9 . 7/5/2013
I cried. I don't even know why, but when the sketch book was burned, I cried!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 8 . 7/4/2013
I FRIGGIN LOVE BOB! He's so smart that he's too smart. How is he not a villain? Well, every city needs an intelligent homeless person that hasn't find crazy.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 7 . 7/4/2013
I love the relationship Lawrence and Lyn have!
And while Lyn is amazing (And everytime I watch Batman, I expect her to appear, then become disappointed when she doesn't), my favorite character is Bob.
He's just so great!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 6 . 7/4/2013
I just can't not flip out.
My fangirling insticts just won't stop buzzing, even if I know what comes next!
Bruse is just... I can't even. Oh my god.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 5 . 7/4/2013
Oh so it was Crane? I think I missed that last time.
I don't know why I thought it was Bob, having remembered his first appearance was in the library...
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 4 . 7/4/2013
I'm freaking out. Like, seriously. I've already read this, but while re-reading, I felt like I had no clue that was going to happen. God, this story is amazing.
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 3 . 7/4/2013
Oh my god, I just can't get sick of this story. I remember ever single word as if I read it yesterday, but I still love reading this over again!
Ketsueki no Kuki chapter 2 . 7/3/2013
Wait. What? Was that guy at the end Bob or someone else?
1,478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »