Reviews for Department of Archives
YouKnowMyType chapter 29 . 3/18/2013
Ah! I'm so addicted to your story I can't even articulate myself! I really hope you pick this up again because I'm dying to know what happens next! :) you're by far one of my favorite fanfiction writers of all time
PeaceLoveandasideofWriting chapter 29 . 3/17/2013
First off, I want you to fully understand the anomaly that is this review.

Exhibit A: I very rarely leave reviews at all. I usually only review works that have captivated me to the point that I begin imagining fanfiction for the fanfiction. It's honestly a bit pathetic.

Exhibit B: It is even more rare for me to read a story in which an OC is featured as a main character. I have seen too many Mary-Sues and shameless self-inserts to not view every OC with trepidation.

Exhibit C: Rarer still is it for me to read a romance between and OC and a canon main character. I hate romance as a general principle, considering how trite it is the majority of the time.

That your fic has accomplished all of these things is out of the ordinary, to say the least.

Part of why I say all this is because I am sometimes a very harsh editor and I want to be very clear that this is not in any way a flame or complaint about the quality of your work, because if I genuinely disliked this story, I would never bother to comment on it. I hope this doesn't come off as too self-aggrandizing or arrogant, but I have been told by someone who I hold in high esteem that all writers need at least some arrogance in order to believe that what they're writing is worth reading.

On to the review, which stand for the entire story, not just this chapter:

You do a fantastic job of incorporating Lynnet Pearl into the world of Batman. It is believable to me that this is someone in between Applied Sciences and the rest of Wayne Enterprises, and it's believable that she interacts with Bruce Wayne in a unique way because she is so isolated from the rest of the world he presents his facade to. Lyn is believably nerdy, not in that annoyingly cliche secretly-hot-secretary kind of way, but an honest geek, like me.

As a matter of fact, your characters are, for the most part, great, though some of them verge on being plot points rather than people, so watch out for that. Make sure that all of your characters feel like real people, not a way to advance the plot from point A to point B, though they're generally pretty good, like I said. Still, another thing to be wary about is the sheer number of OCs you have-they can get hard to keep track of. I keep getting mixed up on who Joan is-Sam's wife? Lawrence's? Neither? Sister, friend, what? Don't sit there and repeat yourself twenty thousand times (cuz that'd be obnoxious) but make sure that we the readers can keep your characters straight.

Another thing-your dialogue is generally pretty good, not too forced-sounding or anything, but you need to remember that your characters are in the real world and they occupy a space even as they talk. What are the sights and the smells and the sounds of the bunker as Lyn patches up Bruce? What about the restaurant where Lyn gets stood up by Bruce and "saved" by Floyd? We the readers can learn a lot about a character by what they notice in the world around them. If Lyn notices the steady drop of water from the faucet where she forgot to turn it off all the way before taking care of Bruce and it bothers her, she sounds worried, doesn't she? Incorporate the world around your characters into the narrative around the dialogue.

Floyd is an interesting character-he shoots his own brother! Explore that. Explore the Floyd's psyche some more. Talk about it. I find it hard to believe Floyd is just A-OK with killing his brother (though maybe he is) so show me through his words and actions how he feels about it. Is he totally blase about it? Is he nervous? I am so fascinated by this character you've made and I want to know more, but do NOT under any circumstances, come right out and tell me all about him.

I'm also interested in Lyn's deteriorating relationships with pretty much everyone except Bruce, Alfred, and Eleanor. Please bring this to some sort of resolution (though not necessarily a happy one).

All in all, it's a very good piece and I very much hope you continue so I can stop imagining fanfiction for you fanfiction and know how it really ends.

Much love,

Peace
Guest chapter 29 . 3/7/2013
OMG! Brill! Pls update ASAP
Lady Shagging Godiva chapter 2 . 2/26/2013
You know I love this fic right? Favorite Batman fanfiction I've ever read, like momentary confusion during Dark Knight Rises when Lynn wasn't in it. So it would warm my heart to see it updated!
Becka3490 chapter 29 . 2/24/2013
incredible how good is your writing, so far one of the best fanfict I've read, the narrative is excellent, the descriptions are really good, Lyn is incredibly realistic, i really enjoy reading it, and i would love to continue reading...
I am disappointed that finds no update in over a year, hope you have not given up yet with this story!
Would be nice to see an outcome, reach the end of the second film, and advance to the third,to see the influence of catwoman in batman, and how this would affect their relationship. i think that Lynnet should return to study medicine in the time period between the second and third films, and meanwhile train in martial arts, with the idea of helping bruce (becoming something like a kind of black widow, marvel: P)
separate commentary, i really hate the catwoman played by Anne Hathaway, I'm more fond of the crazy and sexy catwoman of michelle pfeiffer, sometimes, I find myself imagining Lyn like Michelle (look-semblance) also hate the end of Christopher Nolan last movie, anyone who knows batman, knows that there is nothing to bruce wayne if not batman, give up is ridiculous! at least that's what I think.
I love your work, and I hope you can update soon, and do not give up please! and excuse my English, is not my native language!
retainerz chapter 29 . 2/12/2013
Please Update soon!
TheDuckKnight chapter 29 . 2/8/2013
I LOVE how this story has progressed, and the way you've portrayed Lyn! Please update soon!
ILoveLucey chapter 29 . 1/26/2013
Ahhh, I just spent the last few days staying up late to read this story and I'm so sad there's no more to read. I love the side of Bruce/Batman you've shown and his relationship with Lyn is so cute and realistic. Please write the next chapter soon! I can't wait to read it!
WittyCreek15 chapter 29 . 1/23/2013
I am in love with this story. I could not stop reading!

I want Lyn to be real! I want her to be in the movies and have this frustrating and beautiful romance with Brucie. I really and truely do!

Excellent job with all your characters and you deserve a pat on the back for Lyn. Another lovely job with the dialogue and plot. You, my dear fanfiction author, have a wonderful talent.

I can't wait to read more, so update soon!
IShipIt88 chapter 29 . 1/16/2013
Love it! Please don't take too long to update!
soaps chapter 29 . 1/6/2013
would you believe me if i told you i've read this AT LEAST four times now? and fell inlove with it every single time i re-read it?
well i've read this story at least four times and have fallen in love with it every single time.
oh yeah.
not that i check this story at least once a week to see if you've updated..not at all...
but this story is just so realistic. i want lyn to be real. i want her to be in the movies. i want her and bruce to be together forever. fuck selena. i want lyn!
i was so sad in the last movie when selena kissed bruce. i kept thinking, 'it's lyn's property and no one touches that!' but i guess i'll let it pass.
but please update. i've also been following your tumblr and know that recently you have a reader's block as well as fallen in love with the hobbit fandom (omg can i say hellllooo kinli?!) and as i am also patiently awaiting your new upcoming fanfic as well (i hope to see it soon!) i would appreciate (and many others as well i think) to see the end, if not, the next chapter of this greatly beloved story. please. for my sake. for all of our sakes.
it truly is a magnificent story. i always stand amazed at the intricate way you wove this story. spectacular. truly genius. and now i am rambling.
but please, update! because we are all patiently waiting :)
liontaming chapter 29 . 1/2/2013
This story is brilliant! The attention to detail continue and I to amaze me. I'm incredibly jealous of your writing skills. Please update soon! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Honey if you don't update soon I will personally shove your face up a cats arse...okay I am not that mean...but if you don't update i will do horrible things, very horrible things.
lovingit chapter 17 . 12/29/2012
Heaven! Kissing Bruce Wayne! You write so lovely...I love how it's not easy, all the relationships, emotions and lies, keeping true to things we deal with in life ourselves. Our doubts, fears, hopes, and the Like I hope and can't wait to see just how far this story will go and what will take place.
lovingit chapter 4 . 12/28/2012
You got me crying, I feel so involved with your writing, you make people feel like there, there, in it, like it's reality. Love it
1,478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »