Reviews for Department of Archives
Guest chapter 29 . 1/3/2016
PLEASE CONTINUE OR MAKE A SEQUEL!
TheOldMasters chapter 29 . 11/20/2015
Go Lyn! I really like your story. It is always nice seeing the relative underdog being thrown into the hi-flying world and, particularly, winning (?) the romance. I was genuinely aghast at her 'round chpt 26 when she was preparing to walk away from Bruce, though I expected it to happen as part of a classic storyline of backing out in confusion, then time spent in chaos and misery before getting back together. Her personal backstory also is intriguing, because it is rather unclear just how involved or important it is for the Dark Knight Trilogy, even in the last few chapters.
Really, there should be more emphasis on the 'Archives' setting. The shenanigans that they could get up to in there...
But your story really changes gears between movies 1 and 2. In the first movie, I feel like you're moving too fast through the events, though your dialogue and cast of characters Lyn interacts with is lively and flows well. During the run up to the second movie arc, you slow down and get more involved, with more details and ideas for us to read - the plot improves both in depth and content covered, but you lose something in your dialogue. Its not that the conversations themselves are bad, they're just as good, but the people she talks with don't seem to provide as good conversation as before. I want more interaction with Chad, Mary, Lucius, and Rodriguez!
Then the last three chapters seem to bring it all together in a superb manner. You've got action, humor, romance, hurt, deception, mystery. There's a time-pressure on their heads, confusion over just why Marshall is pushing so hard, wondering how some pieces slide together but don't seem to have any real reason for doing so. Lyn's personal life staying frozen (Mary Chad). Humorous banter, deep discussions on love and feeling, official snapping on 'business'. ...But then you go on a 3.5 year hiatus by killing Teresa. Why must you torture us so?
I suggest you rewrite with particular attention towards detailing the events of the initial movie. But in any case, I see your tumblr indicates you're still alive and responsive to fanfiction, so please, please return!
Guest chapter 29 . 11/18/2015
Where is the rest of the story?! D:
BlueEyedPisces chapter 29 . 11/7/2015
This is such a fantastic story, I would love to see it continued :).
Guest chapter 11 . 10/25/2015
I'm pretty sure Lyn's not a straight-haired blonde spindly woman- but I keep seeing her as that. I think I saw a picture on tumblr that she's redhead with curls lmao! The difference is outstanding!
Guest chapter 6 . 10/8/2015
Its a little unrealistic how she knows so much about Falcone and hwat not.
Insert.Clever.Dr.Who.Name chapter 29 . 9/7/2015
I really enjoyed reading this. Just found it last week and I was hooked. I'm sure you already knew it was good though, but I thought you might want a review as a reminder!
Sad Fairy Of Tears chapter 29 . 8/3/2015
I really really hope u pick this back up, it would be a shame to leave this unfinished.
FreeHugs0009 chapter 29 . 7/1/2015
I know its been three years sence the last update but pleassssss pleassse up date again I beg of you I love it its really good so please please tell me youll come back to this story
sharpestsatire chapter 29 . 6/20/2015
Ok, there was that scene where Batman and her are in a room and a mob boss ends up killed and the papers blame either Batman or an Elvis impersonator but the point is: in that scene she briefly puts down her hood. All that to say DS is Floyd and Floyd isn't completely stupid. He probably saw through the scope of his gun. He probably figured out who Batman is in relation after seeing Lynn. He can use that. And also whatever else he's mixed up and using her for in.

Anyway. You last updated 3 years ago. Hope springs eternal, though. So maybe an update, or at least a quick chapter or two to wrap everything up? I dunno. :)
Ambray chapter 1 . 6/4/2015
I miss this story more than I can write in words.
Please please please return!
Bertram Wooster chapter 29 . 5/22/2015
Hi :)
A bit informal, but we readers assume to know so much of the author we love to read. And I did, love to read every word you've penned down for me;)
I've enjoyed reading about Lynn- her strange quirks , her sketching, she seems so human and relatable. Her relationship with Bruce, is fascinating, And Rachel, well, let's admit it no one ever thought she was a good enough friend- because when when you disapprove of what they do, as a friend you still invariably help.
Lyn, is strangely interesting and although, you've written mostly from her point of view, I know absolutely nothing about her. And I think I may be slightly ( read- VERY) desperate for any sort of information you can provide regarding a rather mysterious past... OK, so I spent a whole night reading this, and I have to be extremely annoying and ask you the dreaded question...-Are you, Will you ever update this?
Sorry, I just had to.
Not even sure you're active on this site anymore.
But I strongly feel that no one can resist the lure that is fan fiction for a long time.
Hope you finish this.
And even if you don't, I'll still love it.
A sincere thanks for a night well spent :))
-BW
Woopa chapter 28 . 5/18/2015
It's been a long time since you updated, but I would just like to say that I really love your story (it's the best I have read in Batman) and I really hope that you will continue your story. Lyn and your Bruce are so cute together.

Woopa
Guest chapter 29 . 5/12/2015
Is there a chance that you will continue this story? Please? Pretty please?
Delightfully strange chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
Please please please update soon. This story is the best bat man fanfic I've read and I am completely in love with it. Me and plenty others think it would be wonderful if you continued the story. Thanks for hearing me out have a bright Sun shiny day:) lots of love 3
1,478 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »