Reviews for Cowboys & Indians
k1942 chapter 3 . 1/25/2013
Esme is smarter than a few people give her credit for being. She listens, with her ears and her heart. I think the best people do.
k1942 chapter 2 . 1/25/2013
Leah' reading list is supposed to drive Jasper away, I think, but being Jasper, it only seems to intrigue him. Or maybe he's stubborn, sticking with the books because she's so positive he won't. Interesting dynamicbetween a nineteen year old shape shifter and a vampire nearly two hundred.
k1942 chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Okay, I'm interested! Why are Seth, Leah, Edward and Jasper driving across country, together?
lovepath chapter 11 . 1/18/2013
The wonderful thing about the written word, compared to movies, is that it is perennially fresh for the next reader. Thank you so much, I'm glad I finally found you! I am a big JxA fan - I am a beta for Openhome's Rogue - and this is a beautiful JxL piece without violating canon. On to Star Quilt!
Mell C chapter 11 . 7/26/2012
Lovely story- thought provoking, touching, and very moving. I like the non-linear format here. (Not sure if I have read enough of it to recall if I liked in previous uses elsewhere.) But non-linear would be a great format for stories where things you learn _later_ heavily color the way you could/should see previous events. I often have to re-read a story or book once I have finished, in order to see things from the perspective of an all-knowing author and/or characters, when the readers are clued in late in the story about important things.

So- thanks for sharing with us! I know you don't actively write or check here, but I still wanted to leave my appreciation.
Chickadilly chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I remember reading this on LJ ages ago and tonight a conversation about Twilight fanfic reminded me of it. I'm not a big fan of Twilight, I think Stephenie Meyers had a good idea but her execution was lacking. Stories like this, however, really bring me into the universe and make me 'feel' it as it were. I really enjoyed it. I also really loved the look into authentic feeling Native ideas and culture. Thank you for that. :)
Guest chapter 10 . 7/7/2012
This story's great! I've read it many times and I still keep on coming back to it. I really liked how you focused on the native aspects about Leah and her tribe, especially because it was hardly mentioned in the original books.

I just wanted to point out that I think Chapter 9 and 10 are in the wrong order. The current chapter 10 (We're the People; Let's All Dance) follows the bar brawl scene in Oklahoma and states "They have to make it to Dallas-Ft. Worth by noon tomorrow". But chapter 9 (Intertribal) is about the pow-wow in Arlington, Texas, so I think they might have gotten mixed up when you posted them.
RaindropSoup chapter 12 . 2/27/2012
Wow. I loved this little fic — the references, quotes, how canon you kept everything, and the believable, growing friendship and connection between Leah and Jasper. I really appreciate the research you've done because nothing kills a story more than someone not doing their research, and how you filled in the "blanks." The writing was superb, and the way the story was told was refreshing. An excellent, excellent read. Thanks for sharing.

Now I'm going to check out your fics and wad through your favorites list if you have one. ;)
Raum chapter 11 . 2/24/2012
I found this story thanks to Miaokuancha - she sent me a double rec for this and for "The Way I See it."

I enjoyed both them very much!

I love your characterization and your writing style is very good!

The part about Priam and Achilles left me spellbound! Well done!

All the best,

- Raum from Italy
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 6 . 2/5/2012
You intimidated me so badly with the introduction. Kerouac, Machiavelli, and prolonged dialogue about existentialism and relative truth...I nearly backed out from the familiar feeling of inferiority swelling up upon me. But I couldn't because then I would have a been a liar. I've always complained about the puerile styles of so many other stories that litter , and yet, here I was about to run away from something that made me think, that forced me to appreciate the myriad of allusions made throughout the first few chapters. I think you span across the subjects of philosophy, literature, and history very well. Or you just write about humanity well, which makes me chuckle considering this is a story featuring supernatural protagonists.

But most of all, I like that you take these characters out of their nearly cardboard settings and allow them to live without the weighting of "required" characteristics. There's a limit to being "in-character." I suppose I've just grown weary of reading about the hackneyed relationships between Jasper/Alice and Edward/Bella or rather, the presentation of them to both the other characters within a story and the readers of Twilight fanfiction. Your characters aren't stagnant in their emotions or perspectives (or in the choice of who the interact with).
sM chapter 6 . 8/12/2011
This story has been a beautiful and intelligent one, and a joy to read. It's not often that a fanfic raises questions about life and brings up things to ponder, but why should one not? After all, it is just another form of writing. It is interesting to get a peek into another culture, one that is not one of my own. Thank you for writing this; I'm considering checking out the recommended books- I have heard of many of them but not read any.
rach 'na lasair chapter 12 . 4/29/2011
I do not think you need me telling you that this story is well written and an absolute joy to read. Yet, as a reader, I owe it to you, to review.

First of all, I'd like to say, that I have read this fic before, a very long time ago on another site. This time,I enjoyed it even more because there seems to be a lot of philosophy which requires age not just intelligence to understand.

The reason I enjoy reading so much- aside from the entertainment factor- is that in a book theres always scope for learning about things you would otherwise know nothing about. I have learnt a lot about NA culture and am enthralled by certain aspects of it.

I love how you've presented Leah. To me, she always has seemed the Daughter of the Earth. Bitterness and grief cannot be all there is to her personality. It seems far too vapid. Leah Clearwater, at least in my mind, is anything but.

I don't read much Jasper fic but of the Cullens, I find him the most interesting. There's just so much that could be a part of his history.

I love the way you have explored the bond between Jasper and Leah and seriously you are a very talented writer.

Thank you for writing this because I enjoyed reading it sooo soo much. :D
Wiyan chapter 9 . 4/4/2011
So I've been reading a lot of Twilight fics, mostly about Leah, and I have to say, yours is probably the best. The one thing I liked the most, was that you brought her out as an NDN, not just some random, bitter chick. Who she is as a Quiluete is brought out in the most effective, subtle ways.

Good job on a great fic.
lachicarebelde22 chapter 11 . 3/28/2011
will u write more will they become a couple if not i would lik 2know pls
LauralHilll chapter 11 . 3/16/2011
I really enjoyed this survey/slice of life, sort of thing.
260 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »