Reviews for Cowboys & Indians
parrotchic chapter 11 . 9/12/2010
"There are many ways to love" - how true. The definition of family is much changed from the 'traditional' mold nowadays and this story of mythical creatures blossoming into a chosen family is an apt symbol for what's becoming the social norm of our day.
parrotchic chapter 10 . 9/12/2010
I do the same thing as Leah when watching large scale destruction in what I *know* to be a fake TV show or movie. I just cringe - and for the same reason too - never had a lot and now that I've gone back to school I have even less and therefore cringe at waste even more.
parrotchic chapter 9 . 9/11/2010
I was enthralled by the masculine beauty and grace of the fancy dancers at the one pow-wow I've attended. Every family has at least one member who's 'touched in the head', right? My crazy aunt started doing the "wah wah wah" thing with her hand to her mouth and we had to leave early out of embarrassment.
parrotchic chapter 8 . 9/11/2010
"she wouldn't have thought vampires had working dicks, but they must or Bella's not just useless in a fight, she's a raging idiot too"...

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this line - would have spewed with glee. Hilarious!
parrotchic chapter 7 . 9/11/2010
I dig Jasper's taste in music.
parrotchic chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
I loved both Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and The Tao of Pooh and I think I'll like this story too.
Artemis1000 chapter 12 . 9/3/2010
What a beautiful story! I can't put into words how much I enjoyed it.

I think I'll have a hard time remembering that your additions to Jasper's history aren't canon because his past as you describe it feels so vivid and "real".

Love this feeling of them growing into a family, it just makes my heart feel warmer to watch it.

It's funny, I always thought of the pack as werevolves first, never really considered before how their human culture and environment would affect them.
wonkeygirl chapter 11 . 7/21/2010
This whole story was just to beautifully written - the words, the overlapping themes. I just loved it. It's one I'm going to have to read againa dn again to fully get everything there is to get from it.

I'm a little confused about the whole linear/non-linera thing though. To me this story semmed linear - it made perfect sense how it developed. Could you tell me more about that?
jolinarrosha livejournal chapter 11 . 7/15/2010
I have no words. This is simply a brilliant piece of storytelling. And the emotions at the end... So powerful! I also loved how you made Leah and Jasper connect, because he's my favourite (and I think one of the most complicated characters in the books, even if we saw so little of him), and Leah because most people just don't like her, and you show that she's also a complicated person with motives other than jealousy.

thank you for writing and sharing this. It was lovely and amazing to read.
ChocolateChipFudgeyCookie chapter 3 . 7/10/2010
I was just re-reading this story for the umpteenth time, when I realised I actually understood what you were talking about with the whole 'centering the periphery', and it felt kind of awesome. This is probably due to the fact I spent a good year studying the Other in colonial and post-colonial literature (Joseph Conrad and Chinua Achebe if you're interested) and it amazed me that even though I've read this story countless times, I could get something new out of it, something to think about. :) Thanks for that, I'm quite excited to see what else I can unearth!
DarkBitch08 chapter 11 . 7/7/2010
I think Jazz & Leah are great together.

The end made me sad, at the graves. I like emotional Jasper, with his OWN emotions.
koko23cat chapter 12 . 5/10/2010
Absolutely love this story. Gotta love Jasper.
h8onme.x chapter 11 . 5/5/2010
omg. i sound like a total douche bag.. i didnt read chap.11 ...
heheh... Awesome Stuff!
h8onme.x chapter 12 . 5/5/2010
AWESOME STORY! Good on ya chica! Keep up the awesome work & UPDATE SOON! -
TracesOfInk chapter 12 . 4/26/2010
Oh, and I forgot to say this in my review just now - the chapter with Jasper and Leah talking about truth, and how everything is subjective, is actually really helpful with the essay I'm writing for university at the moment, so thank you for that!
260 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »