Reviews for The Doorway to Dawn
TonalArchitect chapter 2 . 5/25
Cool premise, but the bashing is obnoxious, and you don't seem to be incorporating Rand's late series character development. 2/5
Guest chapter 4 . 11/10/2014
Great fanfiction hoping it gets continued at some point
Guest chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
So interesting . . . and confusing . . . the redstone people speak Old Tongue; Ba'alzamon is Trolloc. And the Wheel needs to be capitalized.
Otherwise this is really interesting. Will Harry be reborn as Rand (an Aiel)? Or is he going to jump to his regular age in the Two Rivers? Must read on!
AvidReader chapter 2 . 12/8/2013
Cool story. Pity it was abandoned, basically stillborn, with barely an introduction and context established. I guess it's to be expected, though, as the only stories he has here marked as 'complete' are three single-chapter stories.

Not to say he's the only one with a significant lack of follow-through as Radaslab has also abandoned most of his stories. At least he tends to get much further along before losing interest and leaving the reader stranded.
Anonymous chapter 4 . 8/10/2013
Good. I like it. Write more please.
ironhair chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
Why leave it incomplete?
ironhair chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
Nice and interesting so far.
puiwaihin chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
It's a shame this hasn't been updated in 4 or 5 years. I think I originally overlooked this as it is not complete and doesn't look like it will be updated.

In this story Harry is completely swallowed up by Rand. That's understandable, and Rand is certainly a stronger epic hero than Harry, but I would like to have seen more of Harry remaining within the character.

I think your depiction of Rand wiping out Death Eaters as if he were swatting flies is about right. You obviously realized Voldemort would be no match for someone wielding the One Power and have arranged for something to be done to even the odds, but I think the mechanism is a bit clumsy. What Death Eater in his right mind would use his first free wish to give Voldemort the power to kill Harry? Why not wish to become more powerful than Harry and the Dark Lord combined?

And why would Rand/Harry reveal the nature of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn in such detail? That leak of information should have been given more prominence in your narrative.

Your standard of writing is good, no problems there, but the story itself has barely started and there just isn't enough there to really call it a good story. It's a good beginning.
HeirofSomebodyImportant chapter 4 . 11/8/2012
hehe :) He is dead right? D-E-D dead?

More soon please? I love it :D
Ungodlyone chapter 4 . 7/24/2012
Brilliant.
cagna chapter 4 . 7/21/2012
i love the story. for some reason i just keep wishing for matt to pop up. i think it's the foxes though. i wonder what would happen if him and perrin were there and perrin's effect, if any, on werewolves. please update soon.
Estralde chapter 4 . 7/5/2012
Fellow DLPer here, wondering if you've permanently dropped this, or if your writing may one day return. I enjoyed the description and character development. It is so rare to see a good WoT/HP crossover..
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 4 . 6/24/2012
Interesting, and a generally fair assessment of Dumbledore, though it's rather unfair to Snape.
PlaceholderName chapter 4 . 3/31/2012
Excellent story. I fear that it has been abandoned, but I'll favorite and hold out hope that you will one day choose to continue.
ThwartAbyss54 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
HELL YES! *throws fist into air* Ive been thinking about writing a HP/WoT fic glad i can procrastinate on that a little longer :P Ill review again once ive read everything