Reviews for Screaming
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 4/4
So achingly eloquent. I could quote swathes of prose, there are too many favorites. ;) Something about the tone and rhythm of this piece really got under my skin.

A few highlights for me are: The heartland, where his family had lost its heart. Or so Dean had thought; the aftertaste was vicious, he paid in monotone motions; Dean didn't call it "hope." For now he just settled on "duty."; suddenly that laugh had a lot of company in his throat; like a white oval floating in the deep.

Beautiful. I also like Dean's fleeting observations on the dynamics between him and his dad, Sam and his dad, what the silence did and didn't mean.

And it surprised me that Dean drove up to Missouri's house instead of his family home. It was like a little gift, that you didn't give it away early.

Thanks for writing!
Jade chapter 1 . 3/21
I cried. This was beautiful and miserable and perfect. I felt for Dean I worried for Sam, and I wanted in on that hug. Thank you for this.
Great writing. I liked how it took Dean some time to find relief from the horror thinking Sam was dead.
ThysaNoir chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
"The house was just a burned, collapsed shell now.

Dean could relate."

It's 6 in the morning at my place and I'm in my bed with serious case of ugly sobbing. who wouldve thought you can find a really strong love story from a show about hunting monsters and demons?

once again, well done, author (idk how youre called-Hanna maybe? sorry)
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
I adored the ending, thanks for that, I needed it after all the worry Dean (and Sam) went through.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 2/2/2015
Huh... my hunch was right...

Oh well, it wasn't just hunch though.

More feelings and logic...

About order room with King Size Bed.

I would did that too. (Blood related or not. Family or Friends. Just the closest one.)

Poor Dean... he was so lost in grief. The great thing is he was lead to Missouri to found out that Sam is Alive and need him. :')
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
OK, WOW - couldn't believe Sam could be dead, and then somehow wondered how he could possibly be alive. I can see this tearing Dean apart .. glad that Sam understood, and didn't push, but helped Dean come to terms with Sam being alive.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
you have got to continue this
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Holy crud, this was fantastic. You made me cry in the middle of Starbucks again. The million ways you communicated Dean's grief, made me feel it with him... Devastating.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
My goodness. I don't even know how to react after this one. I had to stop and take breaks a couple times in the middle because it was so overwhelming. But this is definitely one I'll come back to. Wow.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Awesome story.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
Nice. That was a close one.

Just as a heads-up, burn severity counts down. First degree is the worst, so Sam saying 'just first and second degree' was wrong. People seem to make that mistake a lot; guess it makes sense.
cleared account 02 chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
*sniffles* Your fics are going to make me cry.
greendaypumpkin chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Wow that was quite emotionally draining but still awesome and had a great ending. My favourite bit was when Dean hugged Sam at the end, it was so simple but so perfect. Good job!
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Wow, another beautiful story!

You never cease to amaze me - both, with what you come up with, and how you handle it. I just loved the entire story, the way Dean breaks down, well blanks out, but it isn't so different from breaking down, (right?), and how he still manages to find his way back to Lawrence where Missouri helps him find a tiny little piece of hope. ...and then, after he'd dug Sam out from the basement of the blackened ruins how Sam recognises in the car after seeing Dean's hands that this entire ordeal had been even worse for his brother, because, while he had hoped that Dean had gotten out, Sam was sure now that Dean had thought Sam was dead, died in this fire.

I loved how Sam took care of Dean afterwards, physically by bandaging his hands, and even more so emotionally, leaving the door open while showering until he got to bed where he let Dean know that he was NOT dead by touching him. As usual, the ending was the very best, although I loved the entire story, but this is just so heart-warming and beautifully written:

“Good-night, Dean.”

He didn’t answer, didn’t need to. Besides, he was preoccupied with the tears pooling along his nose and dropping silently off his cheek.

Winchesters didn’t cry. But sometimes they were allowed to vent a little in the privacy of darkness, and Dean couldn’t have even said if it was gratitude or release or fear of losing this again.

Sam coughed once and rolled toward him. A hand knotted in the back of Dean’s shirt, Sam’s warm fingers resting against the bare skin of his back.

Thanks again! ...and please keep posting.

Best, D.