Reviews for Five Years Gone
the woman is a wolf chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
"Hey you," Riley said into the mouthpiece. "I hear I drank all of the milk again."

"Yes you did and I'm getting more milk…and bran cereal."

"What? Aw, come on…you know I hate the stuff."

"All those fruit loops are going to make your teeth rot and fall out."

"You'd love me anyway."

"Pssh. You'd look like a tortoise."

"Yes, but I'd be your tortoise," Riley said sweetly.

"I'm getting the bran cereal Riley."

"Darn it," Riley sighed. "So…is there a reason you called besides rubbing bran cereal in my face?"

LOL XD That bit made me laugh... and then I read on... and cried. You have a real talent for angst! I loved the way you wrote the bit when Ben was about to shoot himself... it made me think 'No! NO! BEN YOU IDIOT! PUT IT DOWN!'... so yea... really good! That idea with Conner blaming Ben, is actually really good.
Dillyn Breeze chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Wow! You're right, that was angsty! But very well written; I could really see these scenes as I was reading. Poor Ben! :'( Interesting to see Riley with the family and Ben alone. I really liked it, despite how sad it was. Good writers evoke emotion! Having somewhat of a soap opera mindset, I of course was thinking, No problemo...just bring Abigail back from the dead! Happens all the time in soapland. Throw in a little amnesia while you're at it! lol. Just kidding...but seriously, I thought it was really good. :-)
XxMemories4everxX chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Greta story!
Thuraya Known chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
WOW! im going to give you a very long review bc it was so great!

i love the riley/cereal thing: "i'd be your tortoise." SO cute. and how the sarcastic gene skipped theo. HA.

ben's back and forth stuff was really real. the whole angel/devil thing added so much more to the story. the part about "just bc he was a gates didn't mean he was superman" was heart wrenching! then he thinks about riley, but pushes that away too.

the phone call was heart racing. i was so scared for ben! riley's reaction could not be written better - kudos to you. and ben's statements really were scary.

despite the desperate aspects of the situation, riley's breaking in thing was kind of funny. but as soon as he stopped hurting himself and got the door open it was right back into the rising suspense. he handled it so well when he did find ben ("i'm here"), being all responsible. that's what i like so much about the story: its definately a new twist to have riley have to be the grown up. he's got a kid and a wife, ben lost his wife. now riley takes care of ben. i really like the idea. the "i lost a sister, ben...dont let me loose a brother" line was piercing. then you follow it with the "she's not here!"/"I'm here!" arguement and BAM - instant amazement! you did SO well!
BandGeek58407 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
*TEAR!*

This was so sad...but still very good. Even though Ben is a stiff (I saw that interview...lol), I could so see him doing something like this somehow. Loved it. Really.
fallen.leaves19 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
It was way way way way good! I loved it! Yeah, there are a lot of Riley stories out there, so it was nice to see a Ben one for a change. I thought it was great!
878718780 chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Great story - very emotional but I loved it. well written
Miss Fenway chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Oh man. That was really... really... REALLY sad. Wow. Okay then. Um, on the bright side... because there's always a bright side... uh, it was very well written and... yeah. Okay. No really. It was very well written and I did enjoy it. Um, I enjoy angst so... :)
Jaeh chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
*blinks back tears*

They almost fell, but didn't because my eyes are too dry and they had to.. i dunno, wet it a bit/my eyes absorbed most of the tears.

Anyway, the part where Riley bolted down the driveway kinda started it.

bright part though- cute stuff about Riley's family.. :)

still... Poor Ben. Poor Riley.

But mostly, Poor Ben... *hugs character*