Reviews for Champion
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 7 . 8/8/2008
I inwardly squealed after the closing of both chapter 6 and 7. I can't seem to stop smiling after reading this. The fainting...hahahaha. I thought it was reminiscent of those old films with the fainting lead female actress onscreen...not that your hero is fragile or anything. But I like just the hinting of it. She's complex, tough, and womanly at the same time. I wonder what will happen in the end.
Asta of the Vanir chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
Another good chapter once again. I really liked the part where Jauffre stormed into the library and started yelling at your Hero.

''By the Nine Divines, woman! I didn't mean for you to ignore the boy. Even he's realized something's wrong!''

The random moments and the personality you imprinted into Jauffre are some of the things that make this a great story. I can't wait for hopefully the story to go deeper into a romance between your OC and Martin. *squeals*

Martin! Stop ignoring her!
Asta of the Vanir chapter 4 . 8/8/2008
Aww.. I'm so glad that she and Martin made up. Because of my curiousity, I actually spoiled the ending to Oblivion for myself and I could understand where your coming from when you say how hard it's going to be to write the ending. For my Oblivion story, I think I might have to as well.

It's probably going to kill me though. And of course, you know what they say, right? Curiousity killed the Cat. Forgive the pun though. My name just *happens* to be Dappy-''Cat''. :)
Crisium chapter 7 . 8/8/2008
I can't even tell you how much I like this story, except that it's made me laugh out loud a number of times and that I look forward to each chapter because each one leaves me wanting the story to continue.

I'm not an editor, and can't really critique or praise style or anything technical like that, so all I can say in my review is that I've greatly enjoyed this story. Great work.
Asta of the Vanir chapter 3 . 8/8/2008
Sorry it's taken me so long to review. Anyways, good job on incorporating your Hero's guilt with losing the Amulet and the dramatic aftermath. Even the best of romantic stories need to have a little bit of angst I guess to build up the relationship.

Can't wait for more to come.
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
How deliciously awkward that scene was! I love how Martin took a moment to understand the bloodlines statement and started blushing. I really can't get enough of your writing. It's so elegantly and patiently done (at least it seems that way) and you handle personal relationships within the story so well. And Jauffre was a great character here. He's a very patriarchal figure.
Cheddar Wolf chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
This is so amazing. *-* Hehe, I don't know a female who plays Oblivion and -doesn't- love the Martin/Hero of Kvatch pairing.

You're writing at a good pace! Please continue! -
Amadaun chapter 4 . 8/4/2008
Cute! So cute!

I'm also a fan of the Martin/Hero of Kvatch pairing, and I love reading them. Yours is really good. And cute. Did I mention cute?

Also, I'm really amused to find out that I'm not the only one who writes unnamed heroines.

Keep writing! (And I totally understand your troubles with the ending. If you go with the in-game one, I swear I'll end up sobbing my eyes out.)
Crisium chapter 3 . 8/2/2008
I always love new, good Oblivion stories and yours is a treat! I like your Baurus, and your unnamed Hero. I'm looking forward to the rest!
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 3 . 8/1/2008
Hm, I just reviewed a couple of hours ago..and there's another update! Hooray! I think I know why I like this story so much. It's because you make a storyline that I already know interesting. It's the little tidbits here and there..the small comments by Jauffre (teehee..stop avoiding Martin...he sounds like a dad) or Baurus' attempt to cheer her up. You bring out the otherwise ignored..humanity (?) in the characters and really show them off with a few words.
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 2 . 8/1/2008
What a wonderful two chapters. There are so many great lines in here...whether it be the mentioning irony: Martin's being a priest but not able to restore his own faith...or the description of Cloud Ruler Temple as a protector of its prince...or the slight reference to Baurus' regret. Gah, there are so many great moments that made me shiver. The story also progresses fairly rapidly, skipping over uneccesary encounters. What a beautiful beginning.
Asta of the Vanir chapter 2 . 7/31/2008
Butterflies in her stomach, playful teasing, and being at a loss for words. Ah, the beginning stages of Love. Tis music to my ears. Another good chapter and like I said, I shall be waiting for more to come. :)
Asta of the Vanir chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Pretty good story so far. I like how you added you own little changes into this story so far. Like Martin's stubbornness and your character's discussion with him about being the Emperor and how he feels about it and everything.

Can't wait till you update, because I absolutely LOVE this pairing. And as you'll see on my homepage, I don't see too many fanfics of the romance between Martin and the female Hero of Kvatch. So, I'll be waiting for you to post new chapters!
Elias Dae chapter 2 . 7/31/2008
Well done. You're writing is very nice and refreshing compared to other fics.

Keep it up.