Reviews for Speared
All-things chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
I know this may sound weird, but I think it's hilarious that Don got hit by a spear. I'm not sadistic, I swear. But it's just so unusual that's funny. Kinda like someone slipping on a banana peel. At first (before I read the story) I thought that he would run into a bunch of angry Indians or something. Turns out it wasn't so western.

But all that aside, I think this is a great fic. It was suspenseful and angsty in all the right places. Not so much drama that it makes you puke (a big plus in my book, especially in hurt/comfort fics). I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I didn't laugh when Don got hurt and in fact, I believe I cringed in sympathy. You're vocabulary is refreshing and you've got characterization down pat. All in all, nice work.
PaperGanstah chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
OMG SAVE DON COLBY SAVE HIM! Haha great chapter, very intense!
Appreciates Fine Labrats chapter 6 . 8/14/2010
I love injured Don unable to do anything! It's nice for him to be taken care of, for once. Especially by Colb, my second fave!
00000909000000 chapter 6 . 4/9/2010
Great story! I love the way you portray the friendship between Colby and Don.
xdarkstarx chapter 6 . 12/31/2009
I love this story. plain and simple. How you write Don is right on as well as Colby and any other supporting characters. It's really easy to read and it's nice to have that. :) In fact, you write them so well I think you should revisit the duo again. Maybe with some equal opportunity pain and angst? ;) Like I said, great story.

xdarkstarx
CD57 chapter 6 . 3/1/2009
cool story! very original and well done

Corine
epalladino chapter 6 . 2/4/2009
Very exciting story. I loved Colby coming to the rescue. Thanks for the fun read, Beth
Holly Greene chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
This was a really nice story with great detail! I loved it, especially how you put emphasis on how well Don and Colby work together. I seriously hope you'll write another fic using Colby as a central character. He is definitely one of my favorite characters in the show.
tinkrbell225 chapter 6 . 8/14/2008
great story and very well written
Rinne chapter 6 . 8/11/2008
I still love my fic. Thank you so much, again, for writing me such a wonderful story for the exchange.
Suisan chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
ALEO . . .

You are a writer after my own heart, however, please leave it in my chest, okay? Never thought of using a speargun like that, though I should've, I've read enough Dirk Pitt novels. *grin*

You have seriously made this part of the Twisted Evilettes quite happy . . . of course, the only way to make me truly happy is to nail Two Agents for the price of One. *EG* Can I interest you in a Harpoon? *evilgrin*
Chianna chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
I do so look forward to fics that read like episodes. Stories like yours help get me over the summer time blahs. Thanks!
TheNaggingCube chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
Very well told tale. Great angst and partnership.

LOVE Alan getting all dad protective of Colby!

*SNICKER, *SNORT* Don-season, Colby-season hahahahaha.

Looking forward to your next tale.
NobelPrize chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
I really enjoyed this story, despite the fact that Don's wound nearly made me gag every time I read about it - so disturbing! But it was a great ride. And I appreciated you mentioning the trust Don showed in Colby. I think everyone forgets that Don's willingness to not always play by the book is the only reason both Megan and Colby are still alive; how far he sticks his neck out for his folks, at great risk to himself and little or no thanks or recognition as far as I can tell. The only thing that didn't ring true for me is Alan thinking of Colby as a son. Alan has a certain closeness with David, and of course, Larry, but I can't think of anything in the show that would lead me to believe that he thinks of Colby as anything more than a nice member of Don's team who sometimes comes to dinner. And I thought it was very badly done of him to undermine Don's authority with Colby in what was clearly a job related issue - shame on him. I guess he's so used to taking Charlie's side against Don that now he just takes everybody's side against Don as a matter of course.
tearbos chapter 6 . 8/5/2008
Yeah, there's no way he could seriously reprimand Colby after all of that.

Great story.