Reviews for Harry's New Home
xCecilex chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Wow. GREAT chapter! And you've used two of my vocab words for this semester- fait accmompli and de facto. lol. Loved the chapter!
MistWalker chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
I am unfortunately a very silent reader and don't often review many stories. But when I find one that is both well written and has very well thought out characters I just have to say something.

You have caught Severus perfectly. He is still accerbic and sacastic, he is someone that, because of trauma in his childhood, is still dealing with his pain and humiliation. And at the same time you show that nobility and humaness of this oft sharp character. So many times in stories that have Mentor!Snape or Father!Snape, Severus suddenly softens and becomes a caracature of himself. An actor playing the part of Snape and not really getting the pain and sarcasm of this character. But here you have caught the Slytherin!Snape that he is and has always been, yet you show that that sharpness can hide many things. Caring, thoughtfulness, and that not!unexpectedly sly mind making plans, while at the same time coming to comprehend that he can care for not just himself. This is the Severus Snape that I have been looking for while reading other stories and I am so glad that I found it in your story.

Your Harry is just as amazing. He IS an eleven year old. lolol Yes he's been hurt, but this Harry, just like JKR's, is resiliant, yet unlike her's, he seems to have a larger ability to see underneath what people present to him. He sees that his "P'fessor" dosen't want people to know that he cares as much as Harry can see he does. He sees that there are things that Snape can't or won't share with him and while that upsets him, he just tries to accept that. He really is an amazing little boy. And is really the catalyst behind all of Snapes changes for the better. I love that Harry is showing small glimpses of slyness and that he seems to, with a fight of all things, lolol have united at least part of the school around him.

I can't wait to see where you take this story and the amazing characters that you have...renewed and made even more amazing for your readers. Because really we all started reading the stories for the unique story and kept reading because the characters caught our imagination. And you my dear have renewed that fun for me.

Shade and Sweet Water

MistWalker
sakuzi-chan chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
beautiful manipulation plotted out here. keep up the great writing! (although i might comment lucius being brutal to his son is a personally unappealing plot device, i see him more as an aloof aristocrat with strict demands, but an underlying devotion to family)
angeleye68 chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Excellent chapter - I love your Severus, you write him so clever and always thinking on his feet. Love that you have both houses coming together for Harry. Great chapter!
dancegirl01mom chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
I just loved this chapter and Severus'splotting with Lucius. Great job and looking forward to the next chapter!
AchillesMonkey chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Wow. Each chapter continues to amaze me. 'Hooch sulkily put down the bowl of porridge she had been about to throw at Pomfrey' lol!

“Percy? Percy was the one who swore and hexed someone? In front of teachers?”

“Here, you must need a few galleons so you can take her to Hogsmeade.”

Great work. I also enjoyed Skeeter's headline titles, especially “Hogwarts Gags Guests – Silencing Spell Mutes Minister,”

I would love to see fanart of Harry, Ron, and Draco and all the rest standing together for a picture. I wonder how Hogwarts will react to seeing that picture on the front page? Or how Molly will react. Thank you so much for the quick update. I can't wait until the next. If you could get it out before next Tuesday, that would be great. My dad's taking me to Europe for Christmas so I won't be able to be online until I get back on January 2nd. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I don't get a chance to say it before I leave.
Kamp chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
oh, i love this story, absolutely love this story. i love how you handle the malfoys and turn them into potential allies. lusicus malfoy is my favorite, second to snape. and i am so glad that you secured him his own position in the story. lol. i love slytherin speak. and manipulative snape is just incredibly well-written. and harry is just so adorable.
karlii chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
What a good chapter! I love the spin Severus put on at the end! Good thinking! What a tale!

keep up the good work!
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Wicked! I love how Snape thinks-Salazar and all his snakes would be prostrate on the floor, chanting "We're not worthy! We're not worthy!" at this lovely bit of reasoning and perfectly splendid manipulation.

But of course he doesn't care for the brat-but then, I think by the last paragraph he's not fooling even himself any more.

Bravo!

(and won't he make a lovely Minister of Magic, or the Assistant to Minister Harry and Minister of Finance Draco...).
ColPinky chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
I love it when Slytherins are out Slytherined. I don't know if you had Arthur Weasley doing it intentionally, but that was a great move on his part, and Snape's handling of Malfoy was beautiful. I can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work.
LordDarQuing chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Well played, Severus, well played. :)

The repercussions of the article should be very interesting indeed. :)

Post again soon, please! :D
LunaSphere chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Thank you for this chapter-it has been like a nice long reward after a crummy week!

Arthur's disbelief here was so great: “Percy? Percy was the one who swore and hexed someone? In front of teachers?”

I really liked Snape's efforts in "corralling" Harry: "So long as rabid journalists were around, he wasn’t taking any chances of the boy’s artless prattle being unsupervised." but

Ron's eloquent "Harry’s Snape’s kid" was my favorite.

And wow, the political ramifications of this chapter were so perfect! Snape as suddenly the man with the most allies in all the Wizarding World! And he played his Slytherin cards so well with Malfoy, it makes you wonder how Malfoy with his simplistic approach to power is a Slytherin at all.

Lastly, this line totally made me crack up (because all this sort of macho stuff is so strongly tinted with homoeroticism), although I don't know if that was your intent: “Merlin, but you have a pair on you!”

Anyway, awesome chapter.
Ardoris chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
cue the mcdonalds music (if you get those commercials) du du du du duh: I'm lovin' it!
DazzlingD chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
again, a wonderful chapter. my heart jumps for joy each time i get an update notification. keep up the great work
Old Era chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Hmm, I can't remember whether or not I've reviewed already. Anyway, all I can say is 'wow'. Your story is quite amazing. I really like it when everything is all centered up with Harry but not to the point of exaggeration that you can't find faults anymore.

The fight where Harry was saved by numerous schoolmates were really good. What an action, the words had actually made me picture it as it was happening right in front of me.

I also liked it when you made the Slytherins be a friend of Harry's rather than the usual rivalry. Draco and Harry are amusing during interaction and you might not know this but I like Draco/Harry slash (up to now I could not believe I do) so if you plan to play it like that, I hope you get the couple I like. If not, its okay for them to be friends but I hope you don't plan on partnering Draco with anyone if that ever happens.

Malfoys as an ally is good. I like it when writers do that because it gives spice to everything normal. You get a peek on how pureblood families act on certain situations and or events so I really do hope you get them real friends with Severus and Harry eventually.

Severus is really quite a character. I mean you could read alot about him in different angles and still it would shock you how it can be twisted in so different ways. In this story, you could see how his mind works and using it to his advantage is really terrifying. If Dumbledore is cunning then I don't know how to describe Snape anymore.

About Sirius and Remus, something is definitely going on between them (or is it just me, I don't know, there are hints you put on). Well I hope we get to see them as part of the story in the near future.

I will look forward to your next chapter. Nicely done.
11,115 | « Prev Page 1 .. 653 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 673 .. Last Next »