Reviews for Harry's New Home
ImUpToNoGood chapter 11 . 12/26/2008
Oh, my!

This story just keeps getting better. I adored everyone's (including Severus') reaction to his clean hair. And the letters to the editor are hilarious.

And Harry is truly acting like an abused 11 year old, instead of a 5 year old or a 16 year old, as some other fictions have him. Snape is completely Snape. His reactions and inner dialog are lovely. And so much misunderstanding... Severus is still having difficulty interpreting Harry's response as abused Harry's response, instead of arrogant James', but I like that it all comes clear with much angst.

All the Slytherins writing home about the development with Harry's guardianship, and the Gryffs being relatively clueless about it is also priceless (although, I suspect that with the Weasleys knowing, and Neville and Hermione, and a few others in first year, and Oliver, the Gryffs (and their parents) will soon know. And the prophet can't be far behind.

Fabulous job. Definitely going on my favorites!

Can't wait to read more!

K
Leggylover03 chapter 22 . 12/26/2008
Yet again another wonderful chapter. I cannot wait for the next.
jv26es chapter 22 . 12/25/2008
I love the thought of riding the troll like a sled. But I do think that if getting hit on it's head by a club could knock it out, smashing into a wall after going down a flight of stairs would have done it too. Although having McGonagall turn it into a panda was inspired. Hope you had a great Christmas.
notwolf chapter 22 . 12/25/2008
That's hilarious-lives under a bridge and argues with goats! My son used to love that story. That Peeves is a jerk, isn't he?

My, my, the trio riding the troll like a sled. What a sight!

I never understood in the book why Harry didn't lend or give Ron the money to buy a new wand instead of making him use a broken, useless one. Thank God for teachers to save the day.

Aww, a cute, stinky panda. Figures Hagrid would want it!

"Miserable little wretch"-he always says the nicest things, lol.

Very clever of Harry (you) to bring up a lot of points that made no sense in the book. And I love Sev's attitude with Minerva.
4grendel chapter 22 . 12/25/2008
Exciting! I'm already curious if and how Severus will 'punish' the boys. I guess he can not treat them differently! Great story!
stupid thing chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
Hi,

wow two chaps and the troll situation.

I really like it that they couldn't defeat him. And also Harrys speach about the responsibility from Dumbles.

bye

your stupid thing
Im not on this site anymore chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
Voldemort the flakey pastry: FEAR ME HUMAN! MWHAHAHAH...Wait what are you doing no stop "chomp"... "Hey Harry what exactly are you eating?" "..." "voldemort...its a type of flakey pastry"
mefrancene chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
I love it and I can't wait to read what happens in the next chapter! :) Please update again soon and have a Merry Christmas! :)
darktail chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
"...something that lives under a bridge and argues with goats?"

...Gosh, I love that story. And the italian version I know makes it so much funnier!

Great chapter! I especially love Harry's and Severus' characters. They are much more believable than most other abused!Harry saved by Sympathetic!Snape I've read. Well done! See you soon, and a Mery Christmas to you! (11:45 PM here)
RosaE chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
What a nice chapter, not to mention funny lol It was so sweet to see Harry going into Snapes arms and his concern for him. And Ron wanting to go with Snape was great :) Cant wait for the next chapter.

Thanks for updating today! :)
LunaSphere chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
I know i must sound repetitive by now, but I loved this chapter. This reaction by Snape was priceless: "Hurt! Injured! Maybe dying!"

And McGonagall was in top form too, what with thinking Snape' fussing like a mother hen's. But the line of hers I loved the most was this: “Oh, yes, Mr Weasley, I got the note from your mother. Very well, then, off you go with your uncle.”

Hermione's questions (and Harry's little pouty rant about how this is all Dumbledore's rant) was really spot on! “Where do trolls come from?” Hermione asked suddenly. “I mean, is there a troll colony somewhere nearby, or did one wander in looking for food?”

Much enjoyed, as always.
Mikee chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
Well now, THAT was exciting. Loved the visual of Ron, Hermione, and Harry riding the troll as if it were a living, breathing, though most assuridly stinky, toboggan. I laughed at that.

Oh, and poor Ron and his broken wand. I hope he doesn't break the next one ... say - oh, I don't know ... crashing into a Whomping Willow ... then again, they won't need to fly to Hogwarts for year two, will they.?

Loved the exchange between Harry and Severus AND that Harry felt safe enough with Severus to grumble about why Sev was angry with him. That was so just right. I also got a kick of Ron volunteering to be punished by Sev ... then again, I think I'd prefer being pnished by Sev instead of having my eardrums shattered by Molly.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you.
jennadancer chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
I love the troll toboggan! Great chapter. I can't wait to see what else happens. I hope Harry doesn't get into to much trouble.
angelus cado chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
*snickers* That was way better than the book, hands down. Very amusing, perfect way to start out my morning.

Great job.
page-breather chapter 22 . 12/24/2008
Oh, wow, that was a SPECTACULAR chapter! Dare I say it... but I think that was even more entertaining than the original take on the troll incident! _

Really, it was wonderful! I loved how Ron bothered to show his two unknowing friends what a troll looked like, and then their reactions! I thought it was so cute that they were more worried about detention than the troll when they first set out to the dormitory, hehe. You wrote the two ghosts perfectly - I thought it was great that Peeves ended up expressing some actual concern for the students - and I absolutely loved how the two professors dealt with the troll!A PURPLE PANDA! That was such an unexpected, but fantastic image!

I actually thought the tearful reactions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione were quite realistic - if I were 11, I'd certainly have cried my eyes out after something like that (I probably still would, haha). The interaction between the professors was delightful as well - I adore the feud of protectiveness between Severus and Minerva, and Dumbledore's failed attempts to bring peace. Teehee... Uncle Severus...

Well, thanks so much for keeping this great, big, loveable story going! _
11,485 | « Prev Page 1 .. 658 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 678 .. Last Next »