Reviews for Harry's New Home
CalliopeMused chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
Just when I think your Snape can't impress me more, he turns Albus's twinkling (all the man ever does, twinkle and say odd things and give out lemon drops and reveal information at inconvenient times) into a game plan against Voldie Part II. Hermione-the-warrior still makes me laugh, especially as Davidella's protege. (Percy and the baddest good girl in the school-love it.) Lucius Malfoy was very lovely. He might be a pureblooded and bigoted bastard, but he's fast on the uptake and not afraid to play what he's dealt.

The next conversation with Harry should be something. Death Eaters, godfathers, spies...

(Insert happy rambling here) I have a final paper due tomorrow, and this was a wonderful break. The next review will probably contain much more tangents about Snape and Harry (and the rest of the cast, but they're my favorite).
Fandom Butterfly chapter 19 . 12/11/2008
:squees: Oh man! That was intense! :jumps around excitedly: That not-so-little confrontation between Severus and Lucius just about made me pass out from oxygen deprivation! :laughs: Thank you for the read! :hands over a platter of different cookies:
Norbert the Dragon chapter 18 . 12/11/2008
GAH! Cliffhanger! I just sat here and read all 18 chapters in one go and you leave me at a huge cliffhanger? NO. Update soon! Great job so far
batfan7 chapter 18 . 12/11/2008
It's nice to see the varioius houses bonding. And in typical little-boy fashion too, with revolting displays of food-as-art-and-toys. A bit more realistic than the typical polite table manners most fiction displays.

It was also quite amusing to see the Head Table get sucked down into the argument the kids were having. Such maturity!

Is it the Halloween Feast already? Is that Quirrel coming to say something about a troll? Hm. No, I don't think so. It must be something else dramatic about to happen... But I can't think of what it might be.

Well, excellent chapter!
Serafine chapter 18 . 12/11/2008
I enjoy this story, though sometimes I feel I shouldn't - Harry seems very childish, the Slytherins are far too loyal, etc etc. But despite the OOCness this is such a fun and charming read, with just enough angst to prevent it from drowning in saccharine fuzziness. I look forward to the next chapter!
LovesRickman chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
Loving this fic! Can't wait for more!
mervoparkite chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
Everytime one of your updates pops up in my "inbox" it brightens my day. But-that said- I think from now on I'll have to be sure to be at home to read it-people at work give me funny looks when I start giggling madly. I'm a broken record, I know, but this was TOO FUNNY!

I almost feel the need to go line-by-line here, but I'll try to restrain myself.

Early on-the paragraph where Severus realizes that Harry wants to come down and work in the lab with him tonight-The imagined domino effect-as described-had me in stitches. I'm not sure what was funnier-The snakes or the badgers feeling left out and their reactions. And, that said domino effect would completely ruin his disciple strategy and his "bat of the dungeon" rep.

Harry's reaction to the 4 bullies being expelled was wonderful. And that he almost told Severus that he Loved him. I'm looking forward to the time that that little statement slips out. Sev's reaction will be quite interesting-I'm sure.

Finally-the scene in the great hall for breakfast-as a teacher I can sympathize and empathize with Snape's angst at the whole scene. But, since I'm not the one in the middle of the whole mess. . . I'm laughing my fool head off. (I'm so glad it isn't me) that "letter" to the Dark Lord was a riot. But the best was the "adult" end of the Sports arguement at the end.

So, Who just came in? Hmm? Is Quirrel going to introduce the Troll Early? Or is this some other trouble-Maybe Fudge coming to "check" on the golden-boy after the attack?

Brighten my day soon-I'll be looking forward to it.

V.
Potterworm chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
Another great chapter. I can't wait to read more. (I had previously been following this story on potionsandsnitches, but I realized you have twice as much posted here, and I'm so excited to have gotten this much more story to read in one sitting. ;) )
Potterworm chapter 16 . 12/10/2008
This was by far the best chapter of your story so far. Quite well written, and I loved the description of all the Houses working together. I particularly enjoyed that Dumbledore thought the Slytherins and Gryffindors had raged a war against each other until realizing they were banned together. Great job writing this.
Kodachi chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
Excellent! I really like how Harry is realistically responding, given his upbringing. His Canon responses would make more sense if he'd been left with the Dursleys a year or so before Hogwarts, not lived with them for all of his conscious memory.

Snape's rationalizations are likewise fun. I also like the possible Weasley/Jones hookup there - if Percy wants to do well at the MoM, he needs some Slytherin guile.
Fandom Butterfly chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
:cackles: This was too cool. I love how the 'adults' got caught up in arguing just like the kids. But you also have me all interested in why the door has just blown open. :D
NordseeStrand chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
Ah! More! Please update soon.

I love your dynamics and character development. Your Snape is awesome and Harrys need for reasurance very realistic. And those little 'mind letters' of Snape are hilarious! I laughed myself silly.

Keep it up!

Verena
Ardoris chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
You are amazing! I love the story and the way it progresses so smoothly.
Nefra chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
I just love your story. I enjoy Snape-mentors-Harry stories anyway, but this one is so funny, with Snape total misunderstanding of Harry's feelings (when this usually makes for an angst story).
Meggplant chapter 18 . 12/10/2008
oh, that's priceless! *laughs* the teachers 'aping' the students' argument... you made my day with that.

so glad to see another chapter! i love this fic - every part of it really, though i think i'd really like to point out how eloquent and HILARIOUS your 'Dear Voldemort' letters are. :)

cheers! hope RL is treating you well, and i can't wait for more!

xoxox