Reviews for Harry's New Home
Visitkarte chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
I loved Harry's reasoning skills as well as his reasons to "protect Dursley's behaviour". It's indeed the wish to feel better himself if he believed not everything was bad. But Severus did a great job himself.

I loved the last dialog:

“An’ I can still help with potion ingredients tonight, right?”

“If your homework has been done to my satisfaction,” Snape warned.

Harry rolled his eyes. “ ‘Kay. Oh, an’ Hermione’s going to come too,”

LOL! I'd give a fortune to see that face!
jadedragon36 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
love this chapter really funny and heart warming love the talk and the explanations
Mari Knickerbocker chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
i like that you're having Harry develop some brains here. we all know that he's smart he's just really good at hiding it. it's good to see him coming into his own. now i wonder how'll he will react to seeing Black for the first time.

antoher good chapter and i can't wait for the next!
vincents1lover chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
*sqeels happily* OMG YES!*glomps u* *hands u snow man shapped like a owl* OMG UPDATE SOON!BRILLENT!FUDGIN LOVE IT!*rols on floor*
giff4088 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Another great chapter! And having Harry mistake Voldemort for a pastry was just brilliant. Like always, I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
LunaSphere chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
First "Crunchy thing" and now Volauvent! I could not stop giggling about the "flaky pastry" thing this entire chapter!

But my favorite phrase in this chapter was "a guardian who was strong and strict and *forced* him to accept affection." I can't really explain why, but it was at once funny and charming and sweet.

Much enjoyed, as always.
tumshie chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
An absolutely wonderful update to your story. I also have to congratulate you on the Dark Lord Voluvent, I always knew these pastries were an evil concoction, I mean when can you just stop at eating one?
Plumbum chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
It's so great to imagine Snape's quarters being occasionally the target of Gryffindor firsties :-)

I liked their discussion. Yes, Harry's unquestioning trust is scary. But it's also healthy at that age to have a grownup that he can fully trust with his wellbeing.

Oh, and my favorite part:

"...he now had a guardian who was strong and strict and forced him to accept affection."

Thank you so much for sharing!
lilemmy chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
This chapter was GOLD! XD I love your Snape-Harry interactions in this fic, but this chapter is just too perfect. _
Brenn.K chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
I am going to be very, very depressed when this story finally concludes. Its fabulous. Your Snarky Snape's character is wonderfully heart warming while holding true to his irascible model. And his approach with Lucius so cunningly done that I could not help but think "Why wasn't it done this way in the Canon? It should have been done this way. It could have been done this way. Why... Why..."

oops moving into rant territory there.
wandamarie chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
it was a good chapter cant want tell the next chapter keep up the good work

Greysh chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Lovely chapter :) Lots of harry and snape -

I like snape looking for slytherin quallities(sp?) in harry.

"evil wizard named Volauvent" LOL And snape didn't notice at first :) Very nice! Kids who hear long new words often make mistakes, I like all of harrys mistakes.

Oh no, Harry can't say 'You Know Who’ that is what a girl would say... LOL jep mannly pride of an eleven year old boy is very important.

Yes do compare the dark lord to an 9 year old girl! LOL

I like how harry thinks. How he compares everything with muggleschool. Nice work!

"Very special child" sweet :)

Good luck with the next chapter.
AchillesMonkey chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Thank you so much for updating early for me! I really appreciate it. It was a great chapter. I love Harry not pronouncing anything right like Volauvent and Izkibibble. And Snape rewarded Harry! Wow. I can't get over how well-written this story is. Thanks again for the update and I can't wait to read more when I get back.
red-jacobson chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
“Oh.” Harry looked over the word, even as Snape happily fantasized about Voldemort’s reaction if he were ever addressed as Lord Vol-au-Vent. Maybe Snape could come up with a hex that forced everyone to pronounce “Voldemort” that way? “I guess that makes more sense. Aunt Petunia used to have me make vol-au-vents for her club meetings. I wondered why the evil wizard would call himself that. Voldemort sounds a little scarier.”

ROTFLMAO!

That was priceless!

I really wish that had a Quote function for the reviews, it would make this much easier.

I loved the "Name The Dark Lord" Contest, although I have to agree with Severus, the Mind of an 11 Year old is a very scary place!

I also liked the idea of the "Wizarding Word of the Day" Calendar.

Needless to say, really enjoyed the new chapter

red
Laurenke1 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Very nice chapter.

Poor Voldemort, spent all that time trying to think up a cool name and it isn't cool enough. I say he should just open up a contest and see who can indeed come up with the coolest name.

Something with Dark...M, how about Dark Dude? Or Baldie? Snake Fellow?

He would need a slogan then too, do you suppose that if he had a slogan more people would be inclinded to join the dark side? "Join the dark side, we got cookies."

Or

"Join the dark side, we don't care how you look"

(As you can see I am far from being productive today and I should be studying for a test, I will go do that now)

Just one last thing, I loved it as always.
11,395 | « Prev Page 1 .. 666 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 686 .. Last Next »