Reviews for Harry's New Home
LordDarQuing chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
*chuckles* Its good to see Harry thinking intelligently. :)

A nice, informative chapter for young Mr. Potter. I think Severus is a good influence on Harry and hopefully he'll make more intelligent choices in the future. :)

I look forward to the next update and keep up the good work. :)
sam6350 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Hey,

Great chapter and story so far. Lots of humor to be sure and I think many reviewers here have summed it up quite nicely. One thing about this chapter I thought was a bit off though:

Snape saying anything good about James?. I realize in this story Snape seems less embittered than in cannon, but James was still the man who stole Lilly away from him. I found it a tad bit of a stretch that Snape would give James any praise, no matter how well deserved.

Either than that though, I look forward to the next chapter.
FaeryQueen07 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
We! That was great! Only... Is Snape ever going to own up to *his* role in the deaths of Harry's parents? A sad day that will be. :(
B00kw0rm92 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
AMAZING as always. I need to and better words to discribe this. I ADORED Harry misprounouncing Voldemort! Too cute! I can not wait for the next chapter!
notwolf chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
How funny-waiting to see if Harry can piece together the parts. How Voldemort would crucio everyone in his path if he heard that name! That sounds like a girl name! LOL

Harry nailed it on the head-Voldy is nuts! That must have hit home with Snape-if Voldy was so bad, why would anybody join him.

Wow-you hit the nail on the head again with how ppl are sheep and don't think for themselves, allowing the press to be so powerful (undeservedly so) and to elect unqualified ppl like they just did here in the USA.

I always wondered why Dumbles didn't press for a trial, too.

Oh, no-Snape has to tolerate Hermione, too! Ah!

I just realized you must get over 50 reviews per chapter! How do you do that? Your readership must be of the map, or you have such nice readers!
AoMorigirl chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Volauvent...never heard that one before...I like it! A pastry...Moldie is a pastry...buahaha!*snicker* He's horrified that Hermione is coming to do the ingredients. Buahaha! Can't wait for the next chapter! Yay!
Wonderbee31 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Heh, Mum-Ra would have been cool, or the Dark Lord Megatron, LOL. Liked how things went here, and how Harry is acting much like the young child that he is, instead of the fifty year old kid he is in some fics. Looking forwad to what might happen if he asks Dumbledore, as I think that'd be a question he wouldn't want to answer.
Celestial Moonwalker chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
*pearls of laughter* LOL. Can't!

*half an hour later*

Ok, I'm still not completely recovered but I MUST do an honourable thing and review.

Vol-au-Vent would definitely be livid... (Thanks for broadening my vocabulary. Things you may discover in fanfiction!...Heaven...)

Longbottom joining Potions soon? *grin*

Oh Severus, you poor thing!...

*pearls of laughter*
ladyofthedragons1 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
poor Snape harry and herminone... oh the headache update sson
Jess's Cadaver chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
"manly giggles" ah! hehe. that's awesome. I was giggling for most of this and it was most certainly not manly. _ I like how you handled the death eater and sirius black situations, and harry's reactions to them... and hello? voldemort's new name? awesomeness to the max! muahahahahhahahahaha! i can't wait to see how he reacts to that, too. *giggle* i just want to cuddle severus and harry! they are so adorable and sweet together, even while trying to be a tough 11-year-old and a snarky old potions master. you are wonderful to update this during finals time, I know that these chapter offer a welcome break from the evilness that is studying endlessly for primate anatomy and mesopotamian archaeology. _ *HUG* you rock! I can't wait for the next fantastic chapter of severus-harry goodness. thank you a million times over and I will be reading you again soon. _ *more hugs* yay!
batfan7 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
I'd say Snape handled all those questions remarkably well. Honest, but neither harsh nor sugar-coating it - a smart thing to do, if he wants to keep Harry's trust. I also thought he did a good job balancing Black's true innocence with the need to make sure Harry doesn't act weird about it by proclaiming his faith in his Godfather.

I notice Snape hasn't been too worried about Black's current health or the man's likely desire to see Harry (I'm sure Snape's years of bitterness towards the man account for this), but what is he going to do when Sirius starts demanding to see Harry? Give the boy a dog? Well, that may not come up for quite a while (especially if you stick to the cannon time-line and they don't meet for another 2 years)

While I understand Snape's displeasure at finding his detention material turning into 'cool & gross' little boy fun, I'm sure he can always turn to cleaning as an adequate punishment (after all, I haven't met a kid yet who thinks doing the dishes is fun!). Harry's just unusual and would probably be happy doing something aweful if it ment spending time with his guardian. :-)
DarkestAngel13 chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Excellent!

i thought that harry seemed a bit young in this chapter, a little more than usual- but it wasnt a bad thing. he just seemed more curious and naive.

the fact that you mentioned "skeletor" made me laugh. my eight grade history teacher was about 99 years old, with hardly any skin holding her bones together. she also rode a Harley. we called her Skeletor.
Utena-Puchiko-nyu chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Ja! Excellent last line XD Poor Sev. Gryffindor's invasion! .

Very nice chap. I love it.

I believe that Sev make right about Dumbledore in Sirius's case

Kisses from Argentina!
CalliopeMused chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
Izkibibble and Lord Vol-au-vent? Good thing no one else is home, I was laughing loud enough to make the dog worry. It's very tricky to write a convincing child, but your Harry is wonderful. He's clever, but he's eleven. Snape's a very complicated character, which is just how I like them. It's been a while since the two of them had their own chapter... even if I am curious about when Snape can set his other plans in motion.

Chocolate frogs and "very special" reassurances? I still get the feeling Snape would hex noses off if called on those actions.
Visitkarte chapter 20 . 12/16/2008
I loved Harry's reasoning skills as well as his reasons to "protect Dursley's behaviour". It's indeed the wish to feel better himself if he believed not everything was bad. But Severus did a great job himself.

I loved the last dialog:

“An’ I can still help with potion ingredients tonight, right?”

“If your homework has been done to my satisfaction,” Snape warned.

Harry rolled his eyes. “ ‘Kay. Oh, an’ Hermione’s going to come too,”

LOL! I'd give a fortune to see that face!
11,439 | « Prev Page 1 .. 668 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 688 .. Last Next »