Reviews for Harry's New Home
the-amazing-lyndz chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
omg...loved it...and oddly enough i even thought of a theme song for this chapter for snape...lol...as he was getting down and evil the song "smooth criminal" just started playing in my head...lol...omg you're doing such a terrific job with this story, and you have me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out about a hundred things..lol...you have such an amazing talent and i'm going to wait /patiently/...lol...for the next chapter so i can find out what's happening at the weasley's, and with the dursleys...and so much more...well keep up the tremendous work...

Lyndz
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
I do so love a well-organized mind. (Hums a few verses of "Good Friends in Low Places".) Severus should probably monitor the situation to keep it from getting out of hand, and to enhance his Pensieve with some of the more charming memories. I suspect that knowing the Dursleys abused a child will keep the professionals on task and give them greater enthusiasm and range to their activities.

As for the wizarding branch of affairs, I don't blame him for avoiding Bella. She tends to get over-enthused and would probably talk too quickly about who set her on the Dursleys, both of which should be avoided. Dolohov, perhaps?

I await further developments.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 11/10/2008
Oh, that is just sad-"You can use him too." Shakes head. Just a thought-Harry ought to be introduced to the other Slytherins fairly soon. Snape is their House Head, and does need to spend some time with them, along with his being Adopter of Lost Gryffindors. And what better way to corrupt the little Lions than by showing them that the little Snakes are actually people? If the Trio think that Slytherins are neat, that will avoid many misunderstandings in future (and drive Dumbledore nuts, which is every teacher's goal anyway).
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 11/10/2008
Of _course_ he's giving Harry the broom in order to set up more effective punishments in future (I don't think he's believing it himself any more, his rationalizations are sounding more feeble every day).

I love the side-effect of the shampoo, though it may not help as much as Snape thinks ('whip me! beat me! give me detention!'-I mean, the Voice is bad enough, and now to have him look nice, too-excuse me while I go stick my head in the fridge).

Ok. I'm better now. Honest. When questioned by his fellow Slytherins, though, Snape can always do a turn on "Muggles: Threat or Menace", and drop a few hints about the Dursleys, while mentioning that wouldn't it a) be so easy to lead Mr. Potter down the right (wrong) path having gain his confidence, and b) watch James Potter spin merrily in his grave seeing his dear son so under Snape's spell.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 11/10/2008
Lovely chapter. Of course Snape isn't patting or tousling Harry, or anything so sentimental. But it's a good thing nobody's making him take Veritaserum over it.

And I love how Harry is taking all this as even more affirmation that he's important to Snape. I'm glad the room thing worked out all right, after the misunderstanding.

I just adore how Harry is so happy being around Snape that he assumes that Neville will be, too. I can see where McGonagall is trying really hard not to break out in hysterical laughter.
supergirl3684 chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
excellent! OH MY GOSH! Mrs. Weasley givng him a peck! I fall out of my chair with laughter! I'm glad he's getting back at the dursley's!
Mother of Tears chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Hm... I wonder who he is going to visit... Perhaps Sirius Black? After all, at this point in the timeline, he still thinks Black had switched over to the dark side. Maybe he thinks Black will be so angry at James' son being abused that he will exact revenge. But... that doesn't make sense either. If Black had betrayed the Potters, why would he care if the child was abused? You really have me mystified.

Good chapter, by the way. A little disconcerting to see Snape consorting with hit-men, but it is within his character.
notwolf chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
He had to control himself from wiping off the kiss and fled away, lol.

Oh, very clever of Snape to guilt Albus into taking his patrols for him! Oh, and sending criminals to repay the Dursleys' kindness to Harry-again, very clever. It's sad that after all this time he knows Dumbles would toss him under the bus.

To awaken to find strangers watching you sleep-how frightening-he truly is a vindictive little sod!
LunaSphere chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
I love how you burst a whole series of Snape/Harry adoption cliches-from having Snape employ a muggle element in his revenge on the Dursleys to his wistful remembrance of the good old days of excitement and mental engagement.

Also, you have a wonderful, surprising way with words: "Dumbledore obviously held out hope that Harry’s relatives could be made to see the error of their ways. Snape would rather they saw their own entrails."
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 11/10/2008
Well, considering what Oliver Wood considers fit training for a total newbie, I can't say I feel terribly sorry for him-and maybe he will run practices in ways that won't leave players too sore to play properly.

And the fact that Snape assigns a bedtime to children of eleven makes me feel better already-the fact that McGonagall does not makes me wonder-then again, in canon it's clear she believes in a lassez-faire system anyway.

I do love the shopping scene, and hope Bellatrix Lestrange never hears of it-she'll know exactly what to do to Snape in lieu of the Cruciatus Tango later on. Death by Shampoo!
batfan7 chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Hm. How could Snape be busting out of prison? It can't be Black - as far as Snape knows, he'd be more interested in killing Harry than in going after the Dursleys (although if Black knew what those muggles were doing to his godson, Snape might be able to point at them and say "sic 'em!" and Sirius might just take the problem out of his hands...) But I liked your punishments for the Dursleys. The kind of harassment you named is just the kind of thing that would horrify them. Probably more so than any curse or disease. Good ideas! I'd actually forgotten that the Dursleys hadn't been dealt with yet, so it's nice to see you've remembered them. I have no doubt that Snape would be down right a nasty, vindictive bastard to anyone who hurt his kid, so this attitude is right in keeping with his growing affection for Harry :-)

Good chapter!
tambrathegreat chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Ah, Snape at his Death EAter finest. I love him like that with his plots and connections.

The end of the Weasley scene was, as expected, hilarious. I love Snape with them. He deserves them so much.

great job.
dracosoftie chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Yay, a new chapter! I love that Snape is still the same evil bastard he was in canon, even if he is developing a soft spot for Harry.
Graven Lament chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Wow, been a while since I read a story where Snape still seemed suitably dark. Love it!
Sweetdoggie chapter 13 . 11/10/2008
Excellent update. I love this story. You have a nice turn of phrase and I like Snape's revenge. Good work.
10,793 | « Prev Page 1 .. 668 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 688 .. Last Next »