Reviews for An Artist's Challenge
AWE!
Satosen chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
cool
Akatsuki Fatale chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
I can imagine Sai actually doing this in the series xD Maybe not the end as much but definitely sitting there, flustered, and unknowingly getting his first taste of agitation by Naruto's (not-on-purpose) fault? - dunno which word to put there. Good job!
lotus-bugxm9 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Lol

I'm somewhat of a artist and I thought this was cute ;-)
marinaxfagundes chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Ooh, cute. I loved it!
wolfofsummerbreeze chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Kudos for using the word 'flummoxed'.

This one is the story I think about the most when I think about Sai.
FateWolf chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Awesome detail! I wouldn't mind Sai drawing me at all either... o_O
blanc-hiver chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
Such a sweet story!

I like your way of writing, so interesting :)
tragiang chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
It was great, even though I draw, I can understand his frustration and I have have no idea if you are doing it correctly or not, and not that it really matters because it doesn't take away anything from the actual point of the story. It was such a sweet read, so thank you for writing it!
nika chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
sai's efforts just take a hold of something inside you and gently squeeze.

beautiful piece - the faint edge of attraction, the gentle curves of confusion - i loved it.
kodoku na oujo chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
OH! It's so hard not to talk about art :is an artist herself:. And I know you don't want to hear it. But still... My mind urges me. :pauses:

Work general to specific.

That's all I'm gonna say. Okay, I'm done. I got it out of my system. Sorry!

I thought this was such a cute story. And I know exactly how Sai feels. Give me a pretty landscape and I won't want to draw it. And skies more often that not and better suited for paintings instead of sketches in my opinion.

And how could you not draw Naruto sleeping in the grass so adorably XD ha? I would. But I agree with Sai. Getting his hair JUST right, is hard. It's either to wavy or it begins to look more like an afros than spike :P.

I liked how I could feel Sai's frustration at the piece. And the way that he showed it off but still did not find it good. Ugh... All too familiar feelings. Are you sure you're not an artist? I mean... they ARE always critical of themselves XD ha.

Very good story. I'm sorry I couldn't stop myself from blurting out a little about art! Forgive me ((It's my LIFE! I can't help it Dx))! Once again, very nice.
Dust to Dusk chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
The last line won me over. XD So cute.
Anonomous chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
So, not withstanding a decent plot, your writing is beautiful. Forget about not being able to sketch worth beans, because this more than makes up for it. You have a definite talent here, and I do truly hope that you are putting as much beauty and life into creations of your very own.
Lixie Lorn chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
Heh. Yay Sai.

~General Everin Stormclaw of the Emerald Stars, Dragon Prince and the Fifth Sutakage, Bearer of the Prophecy, out.
L'Animalerie chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
:) As a artist I felt for Sai (he's my favorite character). I can't speak for everyone, but it's pretty much trial and error for me.

Lol, I can't write stories to save my life, but I admire people who can. I really love how you ended this. It was very cute. _

Keep writing stories!