Reviews for How To Save A Life
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 6/5/2015
This was sad and sweet. Well done.
KJun chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
I am full-out sobbing right now. This hit me so hard, I'm not sure I can adequately explain it. Masterful writing.

Of my parents and younger brother, I am the only one still alive. My father died when I was 4 and my brother was 2. My mom when we were 30 and 28, and my brother when I was 33. My brother and I were a lot like Sokka and Katara, we fought like cats and dogs but loved and protected each other fiercely.
Your story made me remember that.

Kat
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
I completely agree that this conversation had to happen. it was annoying that the creators gave Katara a line like that and didn't follow up... but you did a great job filling in the gaps here! and that back story you gave... wow... depressing much? poor sokka! its awful and terrible and really sad, but it also fits perfectly. creative, awesome, great job!
dawnoftheceruleansky chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I can't describe how insightful this is. :')
Moonprincess92 chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
This story was really great. Exactly how i could've imagined it going down. Shot. D
SennaFan4ever chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Hi! Lauren here. I hope you're doing well. This story was amazing! It was well written, well described and you wrote everyone in character! Katara and Sokka especially! I'm def putting this on favorites!

I hope you'll check out my Avatar stories.
AniGirl 7 chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
A bit of a tear-jerker, but it was lovely. I can't remember the last time I read a fic that wasn't Zutara-centric. This was indeed a fic that needed to be done. I, myself, wondered what would have went on between Sokka and Katara after she came back from her journey with Zuko. What she said was very hurtful.:( Thanks for giving us a possible insight on what could've possibly happened. Nice job with this! ;_;
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Very well written one-shot. Almost a tear jerker. I was kinda pissed that Mike and Brian didn't address what Katara said to Sokka in that episode.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
This beautiful, heartfelt story has left me speechless...and a bit tearful as well.

Thank you so much for writing this.

Ppleater chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
;_; *cries*
smileygirl063 chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
This is EXACTLY what I've been wanting to see!This kind of an exchange between thses two siblings!It was beautifully done!I love how you show the hurt that they both feel!
Lizmun chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Oh dear lord!

My throat clenched, eyes itched and my heart skipped several beats at this. It was so hard not to break out sobbing halfway through. (It didn't help that the song started playing in the radio at the middle of reading this.)

I'm so happy someone addressed this! I was thinking of doing so, but I now know whatever I wrote could never have been as deeply moving as this piece.

So beautifully written, the characterization is very believable... and the whole mood still makes me melt!

Awesome AWESOME job!
Annibal chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
I am so glad you wrote this. I was so irked that Katara would say this, and then they never went back to it! It deserved some closure. I love that you wrote this, and you wrote it very very well. Awesome story!
arizony chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
I am always so amazed at how many GREAT authors are on this site. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your masterful weaving of such a great story.
3VAD127 chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
That's so amazing. Really deep. Ever since I saw "Southern Raiders," I've kind of been thinking along these same lines, but I guess you beat me to the punch. This was an extremely sobering tale that really captures the essence of all characters involved. I was rather upset they didn't address Sokka's loss of his mom more thoroughly in 316, but I think you did a particularly good job handling it. Nice work.

-3Vad