Reviews for Two Steps Forward, One Back
SaraBahama chapter 3 . 3/23/2013
"...she would miss his stark features and the smell of aged leather that lingered on his skin. She'd miss the breathtaking intensity of his ice-blue eyes. But, she hadn't lost him."
This perfectly expresses how I felt when I watched the episodes around the regeneration from 9th to 10th Doctors. The 9th was my first (I vaguely remember an ep or two of the 4th Doctor from my childhood, but nothing clearly), and watching him change, and coming to accept the 10th was really hard. Now I'm almost to the end of the 10th and anxious about the transition to the 11th and I keep thinking about how I felt back at *this* point. Well done -you captured how Rose must've felt, as well as how I, as an audience member, felt. *sniffle*
SaraBahama chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
Oh...if only this had been in an episode! Struggling with his change...indeed. The situation was so gut-wrenching, his response so sweet.
cjhar chapter 12 . 6/6/2010
Great series! I love your characterizations of Rose and the Doctor. Their relationship seems very believable. Can't wait to read more of it.
I-de-BadBad-Wolf chapter 12 . 2/21/2010
haven't read a good story like that for a long long time - but this was good. No not good, you were fantastic!
I-de-BadBad-Wolf chapter 11 . 2/21/2010
aargh only one more chapter - loving this so much!
debadwolff chapter 9 . 2/21/2010
debadwolff chapter 8 . 2/21/2010
I was going to wait until the end of the story to leave my usual review but OMG OMG OMRasillon! This is unbelievable. Wow wow wow wowow! I feel so much for the doctor and you are just framing their emotions so wonderfully. How the hell do you do it?
Vivi G chapter 12 . 5/26/2009
Love it, Love it, Love It, Love It, Love It !
Ree923 chapter 6 . 9/29/2008
very nice
just drifting chapter 12 . 8/19/2008
do you seriously know how much i love you? this series has got to be my favourite doctor who fic ever, its fantastic :) and i love it. now i just have to read the rest. well done!
Leighta Greenleaf chapter 12 . 8/15/2008
Absolutely amazing.

I am completely in awe of your magnificent narrative abilities. You keep the plot moving at the perfect pace and never falter. Frankly, I wish I could write this well.

Please keep posting more stories! I am quite eager to see where your next adventure will take us (your readers)!
ElizabethGMontgomery chapter 12 . 8/11/2008

Crying laughing sighing and smiling all togeather.

Proud you should be, what a feat you have accomplished in these 12 chapters. and there is more...I know there are a few more waiting to be read. Tomorrow. :) And I know what is coming. Oh goodness.

Thanks so very much you brilliant thing

ElizabethGMontgomery chapter 11 . 8/11/2008
As much as I loved Rose sharing the creepy girl thing with the Doctor...this chapter was a bit confusing.

Perhaps all will be explained in chapter 12 :)
ElizabethGMontgomery chapter 10 . 8/11/2008

It makes my heart ache to know they aren't like this on the show! And yet they are in some ways...

"Because, when I say it, she's going to be the first to hear it"

You. Are. Good.

Plain and simple

ElizabethGMontgomery chapter 9 . 8/11/2008
Freaky little girl in the dark.I would have freaked out, Lord love a Duck! Ever seen Resident Evil with the little girl as the console...the red queen...crepy

But it ends so very well!

I have to finish this installment before I sleep so...short glowing fantastic super review!