Reviews for Opus
Iamnotpale chapter 2 . 8/20/2009
this is such a great story...!
R chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
ei please continue this story

onegai!
Sleeping Rain chapter 2 . 2/3/2009
Wow. *.* This is amazing. I really loved it, and I can't wait to see what happens next. Hope you update soon!
Side-CH chapter 1 . 2/2/2009
Ootori...rather confusing Ootori...

So Some things got me a bit confused about Ootori. He was...6 when his mother died, and the fic reaches the point to when he is 11, I think I got that. So...he use to play the piano but then learned how to play the violin from some one at school right? but then that teacher offered him a scholarship for playing...and it turned out to be piano? thats a kind of funny surprise...if not a 'what the!' kind of one.

So what did he like more? He seemd to enjoy the Piano...but related it to the loss of his mother in a way, while he also loved him the violin and related that as a sort of security blanket.

not surprising when his teacher goes on to couch tennis and leaves him high and dry so to speak...after all, sports has always been the most important thing in school

(woot Golf!)

But to go over the relationship that Ootori had with his father, and some things I also did not understand there.

The father went on to work and be a lawyer after his wife died right? how the hell does he pull that off? you need like...alot of school to be a lawyer (in the US any way, its considerably eraser to be a lawyer in japan...so did i just answer my own question? well its hard to be a lawyer that makes any money in japan).

I actually really like the start of the fic dealing with the father. He had alot of tough things to deal with along with still trying to be a father thats 'there'.

He had to go to work, a 8 hour endeavor after waking up early and dealing with a bunch of peoples crap. He had to try to take care of his sick wife AND also try to be loving to his children. Alot is asked of a Father. Just dealing with the work BS is enough to put people over the edge...but he's gatta be chipper while at home too!

But his character types are the ones I love. He seemingly has no personality and is like a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, nothing special. And yet with all his neutrality and over all lack of being around from being at work...his family still looks up to him so much and love him.

Which to elaborate with his relationship with his son, Ootori seemd to think almost anything could dishonor his father and it also seemd as if his father was not interested in his hobbies. But I think the father just wanted something that had a potential 'future' for his son to get into along with him not having to 'be around' for it since...he wouldn't be around for it.

Its a tough job for a dad. You would want to be in your kids life, and want to encourage him, but you have to work for your kid TOO have a life. I mean I can sort of sympathize, not sure how too...but I think Ootori was sort of looking at it from a 'self centered' point of view. Then again he's around the ages of 10 to 11 so why would he have any reason to not be self centered?

Its also a bit sad that the Father is able to acive some sort of success for himself only after his wife has died. Though what is being successful? becoming well known by people and getting more money is being successful right? well thats why I enjoy the salerymen much more, success for them is usually just getting up in the morning and being able to deal with there own life.

Ootori also just seems rather conflicted with what he wants. To play music? to try out that tennis that looks oh so enticing? but its not that outlandish of a young kid. But from hearing his father say he needs to get some exercise...tennis would make every one happy (assuming his father is not world weary enough to get happy any more)
Nasty Evil Dead Dog chapter 2 . 12/26/2008
I love this~ Update, soon? :)
Hropkey chapter 2 . 11/6/2008
You, my dear, are an incredible writer.

There's so much pure, unadulterated, beautifully written emotion here- by far one of the best fics I've read in a while. I can't wait to see what you have in store.
LiQuYu chapter 2 . 10/19/2008
That was certainly an intensive chapter to read. Anyways, a good chapter. Can't wait for your next update. )
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 2 . 10/18/2008
Ayumu-chan here! I share this account with Sokka Fan-Lawyer.

Yay! You updated! This was kind of antsy, but still really good.

Good luck with the next update!

~Ayumu-chan~
Sweet Ichigo chapter 2 . 10/18/2008
please update! :D
Erucchii chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Awe, that's sad. Poor Ootori.

I can't wait to read the next chapter. This fic caught my interest...,
otaku freak to the 3rd power chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
nice and somewhat poetic
BloodyNeutral chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Wow... I mean.. Wow...
OutShineTheSun chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
It's a beautiful first chapter, and I can honestly say, it far surpasses anythign my amature hands can turn out. However there is soemhtign in your writing, restraint perhaps. And though I'm not exactly at a place where I can judge, I find myself think that, if you could do this, you could do more, much more.

I hope your next chapter will be posted soon.
Sokka's Fan-Lawyer chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Ayumu-chan here! I share this account with Sokka Fan-Lawyer!

I was moved by this chapter, and I would love to read the rest. I love how much emotion and self realization you put in it. It was heart wretching, and it really made me feel Chotaro's pain.

Anyway, I can't wait to read the next entry (there will be one, right?). Good luck writing it!

~Ayumu-chan~
dreams.of.destiny chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I'll be absolutely honest: multi-chapter stories with a single chapter out rarely manage to make it into my favorites. Why? Because I'm not too completely certain about where it's going, or if I'm going to like it all the way to the end. In fact, your's might be the first. On a random note, I know that I personally adore lengthy reviews (even if they might be rambly) and so, I'll try to an appropriately-lengthed review.

To begin with: I checked out the story's reviews, because I've seen ten thousand word bad!fics (and I've actually read through the first thousand words before glancing up and realizing that I was NOT reading a parody...). And I was surprised to find three nicely-written reviews, two of them from fans, and one converted. That was what really made me intrigued with your story (and why I sorta put down my homework for the...fifteenth time today...) and I was definitely not disappointed. It was absolutely amazing. Not a single word was wasted, and I can totally understand Ootori's affixation with music and the color silver. I find it rather funny as to how he refers to Shishido as the "plain-faced boy". The character analysis and development is unlike any story I've ever read, and I'm totally amazed, and even moreso impressed. Choutarou really comes alive in your fanfiction, and I'm really appreciative about that.

Thank you for writing such an amazing (gorgeous, breathtaking, jaw-dropping, awe-inducing, enviable) story. It really made my day. As always, please update as soon as possible (although I understand if you'll need a couple months if you want a follow-up chapter of equal length...), and I really, really, really look forward to seeing how nicely this story develops. Your writing style is LOVE.

Lux,