Reviews for Dance With the Devil
Puggles chapter 11 . 12/27/2016
I keep on thinking that shes gonna get raped but it never happens...
Puggles chapter 3 . 12/27/2016
damn
ImsebastianstanButter chapter 2 . 11/19/2016
I find it really annoying when writers write when they are changing pov's there really isn't any need when you can clearly see it without the subtitle. Also if you think about it every book is written in either 1st 2nd or 3rd person so there is no need to have other people's points of views here there and everywhere.
owlzilla chapter 33 . 10/20/2016
Okay - I thought maybe I had reviewed this a while ago but apparently I didn't. I've read this story several times now (I enjoy it just as much each time!) and I hopped into the reviews just to look around and I saw a review from "Four-Eyed Koi" from Jan 2015 on page 1 and it was suddenly imperative that I leave a review telling you to ignore everything that person said.

Seriously. They couldn't be more wrong. Apart from saying everything they said in a condescending/asshole kind of way, they also are simply incorrect. I see a lot of annoying reviews on stories I love and I generally don't say anything but I was legit considering messaging them before I realized that would be too aggressive and I have no desire to get into some kind of internet fight (even if the very concept of a Mary Sue is irritating in itself - completely separate from the essay I could write on how even if we could all agree on what such a term meant (overpowered? too likable? doesn't have enough flaws?), these types of characters would still be important and valid and I can write/read about an overpowered awesome person all I want if it makes me happy and you are under no obligation to read it) so I am leaving this review instead. To say, I like this story. I like this character. I enjoy reading it (and subsequently rereading it). The pacing...the whatever else they complained about. I liked all that. So! Please don't take anything they said to heart and don't let it get you down. For every person who doesn't like your writing there is someone like me reading on their phone late at night because they enjoy it so much it doesn't matter that it's 3am, they have to finish!
cc chapter 1 . 10/17/2016
I love your writing, and I was so happy with the finished piece, I need a good fanfic once in a while. Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2016
guestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttllggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Amazilia chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
Sorry, but I agree with the big long scathing reviewer. I have trouble believing in your characters and your Joker either copies Heath's word for word, or is really out of character. Read about 8 chapters in, but I just couldn't get into it.
JokersEvilSpawn123 chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
AMAZINGGG i read it ovr a milliON times now
Guest chapter 29 . 7/25/2015
STILL REALLY AWESOME experience!
-Sycx Assassin
Guest chapter 23 . 7/25/2015
This story keeps getting better and better!
Sycx Assassin
Guest chapter 14 . 7/25/2015
This is really good! Jokers my favorite!
. \\ *.*
-Sycx Assassin
Guest chapter 33 . 6/15/2015
When are you gonna update "Uninvited?" Please update the story, it's really great
Four-Eyed Koi chapter 8 . 1/15/2015
Oh my gosh. It it weren't for you breaking the flow of the story everytime there was a sudden change of time or setting with big bold, "Press Conference"s or "Bruce's POV", I swear, I'd *neve* be able to figure it out for myself.

Yes, I am being completely sarcastic.

You don't need to hand hold us like that, we can figure this stuff out on our own, ya' know?

That said, I am going to be very blunt: Jessica is a splendid example of a Mary Sue. I don't remember the Joker ever using profanity in the film. Jessica is a Mary Sue. The story has absolutely no pace and moves too fast. Jessica is a Mary Sue. You never slow down to write out things so we can actually feel the suspense (is the truth behind Jessica's kidnapping actually suspossed to be something we care about, that interests us? Because it certainly doesn't feel that way with these very superficial ponderings of your protagonist.) Uh, yeah, Jessica is a Mary Sue if I haven't mentioned it.

All these things are very serious problems that really kill the suspension of disbelief in this story. They are mistakes made by either amateur or young writers which I do believe that you were both of at the time of writing this.

You don't need to hold our hands, we are smart enough to figure simple things like setting and put pov out ourselves. Try spending more of that wasted effort you put on elaborating simple facts into elaborating on on the deep emotional stuff. The stuff that actually will help make your story more immersive and make readers more attached to your work. Cause' these superficial little strolls down drama lane aren't working. Like when those bombs went off; am I supposed to care because Jessica is crying? I don't even like her-and why should I-you've given me no time! And don't even get me started on these instances with her and the Joker in later chapters- her little observation that Joker's soul can't be saved or whatever went by so fast (and falsely) I don't know how you ever thought that could have been convincing. Or dramatic. And how did she know this? By looking into his eyes for a split second of course! You realize how juvenile that sounds, right? Spending more time on moments like this will drastically increase the quality of what you put out.

I complain about the Joker swearing, but in all honesty, that aside he is still far more canon in your story than he is in much of the others I have read.

There is simply no pacing in this story and very little coordination of plot. If you would reread this, you would find Jessica going through a whole rollercoaster day (again with over-rated drama when put in relation to the time it was given to play out) things slowing out to a decent pace for a short instant (usually when she is doing something to piss off Joker) and then she faints (and usually at a time when it is most convient for her if you'll notice). First off, rereading your story before you publish a new chapter will help you realize if things are going to flow into the new one before you post it. Secondly, it'll remind you of stuff you forgot, which you seem to do often. Jessica get the beating of her life then the next morning they are putting her in a Press Conference rather than letting stay in a hospital. Really? Or were her injuries not that bad? Injuries, specifically, you have a hard time keeping track of. Furthermore, actually reading and being honest about what you have will not only help you improve as an author, but make you realize it when you need to slow your writing down for the sake of clarity. The whole story feels like a movie played in fast forward-and who wants to watch that? Oh, and other readers may not have caught on to it but *I* sure did: Jessica seems to never spend more than a week with Joker, cummulatively, of course. Yet in the second book, she remarks that she had spent weeks and weeks under his capture. Even if I am wrong, you can't blame me. Look at the messy pace of this story. I mean, come on! Even when Joker gets her back-he pretty much turns around to surrender himself and her back over. Am I expected to believe he'd go through all that trouble in order to do that?

You might have thought that with how many times I mentioned it, that Jessica's being a Mary Sue was my greatest quam with this story. That is not the case completely. In my time reading many fan fictions on this site, analyzing them, picking them apart for all they are worth, I have discovered something huge about Mary Sues.

They are a result of either lazy or amatuer writing. Kind of just like everything else I have pointed out here in this review.

Mary Sues will generally occur in stories that have
1) poorly paced or unplanned/"rolletwheel" plotlines
2) characters not possessing clear boundaries of individuality in behavior and dialog patterns
3) characters failing to remain consistent in their established canons, be them original or not (graceful, realistic changes of heart not counted)
4) a gross favoring of "telling" over "showing" in narative approach; subjects where what is "told" does not conflict with what is "shown" and is done so intently and with proper "voice" given the nature of the narator are not counted in this
5) details of story which do not carryover through it with reasonable consistence (i.e. Injuries in one chapter which affect walking, seem to be gone in the next)
6) inconsistent or unfocused plot details or aspects of interest attributing to the plot (often a result of not planning in rule one)
7) moments of emotional or interpersonal significance given superficial lengths to be expressed

Of course your story doesn't fit all of these here.

Now let me make this clear. I am not some hater trying to pull you down and make it so you never want to write again. I am actually trying to help you because the truth is I don't think you are a bad writer. Quite the contrary, I think that you actually showed lots of talent given where you must have been at this time. That's why I want to be so brutally honest with you because it is the only way people ever learn
Breeana chapter 30 . 12/9/2014
So good! I read this whole thing in 2 days!
Protagonist Of Life chapter 29 . 7/19/2014