Reviews for A Redwall Poem
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
Wow, this was a clever piece and quite an accomplishment to cover so many books and seasons and to capture the very heart of Redwall Abbey in simply 224 words. You deserve a bally metal, wot.

The poem really is ageless - I could see it being written down by any Recorder, since it explains the essence of any of the books, and sounds very much like Jacques's poetic style. Some of those timeless lines include:

"It's a place of friendship and of peace,"

"It stands as a symbol of safety to all,

And no wonder, for this place is the Abbey of Redwall." and

"So as to give back to Redwall the gifts of peace and light."

All of those lines perfectly show what Redwall stands for and shows it in such a beautiful, simple way, just the way any Redwaller would appreciate.

But then, I like how you also mention specific enemies and heroes, starting with Cluny and Matthias and going all the way through Redwall's history to Taggerung and Rakketty Tam. Wow! That's so much to cover, but you do it so well.

Hopefully, in the future I can look at some of your longer stories. But for now, you have shown an acute knowledge of what Redwall stands for in this charming poem. Great work and keep on writing, matey!

-Sauron Gorthaur
Topkicker26 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Wonderful!
Shelly68 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
this was for school! you better have gotten an A or A! the ryhme is fantastic, and people understand it, wether they've read Redwall or not.

I would thuroughly enjoy reading another, and (I guess this is a request) could it be about the Warriors series? (you can pick any six if you want)

thimbs up,

Shelly68
icefox425 chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
You know, that was pretty good! I would have made a fool of myself trying to do a poem like that. I stink at makeing good profacies and poems that rhyme while still makeing the reader of it sound silly. Oh well, i'll try. Nice poem, it sounds good, and explains things well. Your poems, songs, and profacies in your stories make me jelous, they sound so good.
Lord Vrel chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I'm not into poetry, but this was pretty good.
Shiftember chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
Very nice. Very nice.
angel0fmus1c chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
This is good. I like how you write in some of the villains and some of the heroes from the book. I admire your perseverance in keeping the rhyme.

If this was for school, was part of the assignment for it to rhyme? If so, I would love to see you rewrite this for yourself. No rules, no school assignment guidlines, just what you think. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Namaste,

Angel
oijoij chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
lol, nice ending segment to your poem :)

...To my opinion, it seems like you were 'boxed' in on parts due to the rhyme scheme. Allow yourself the 'stream of conscience' to take hold of your writing, not the worry about the rhyming.

Like you said, poetry doesn't HAVE to rhyme.
Mariel of Fantasy chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Yeh, ok. You're kinda right. The rhythm didn't really flow, but I think it sounds cool.