Reviews for Folk Lore 101
janny.verveer chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
This was soooooo goood.
Guest chapter 44 . 7/21/2013
SHOULD HAVE REALLY PUT A DEATHFIC WARNING...
lovejensenacklesforever chapter 44 . 3/13/2013
i recently discovered your stories and read this one straight away. i loved the idea of them growing up separately meeting in a place like stanford taking an immediate liking for each other hanging out and working a case together and then discovering they are brothers and the whole destiny things.
i didnt lose interest till the end but i gotta say i was a little disappointed with the end. i hate that you killed sam and left dean so guilty and sad. john and cas in the end was just not explained well.
i really wish you had either written a sequel to explain this (and get sam back) or written the ending again.
Guest chapter 44 . 8/17/2012
I hated the ending.
YOu really should have put a deathfic warning.
Awennra chapter 6 . 2/1/2012
I really like how ingenious you are with all this! Making Dean study engineer and love hunting so they'll have the EMF meter and the guns with salt! This is a really interesting AU!
Reidlover72 chapter 44 . 12/23/2011
This story was really great and I loved reading it but the ending seemed to be way to abrupt and forced into two chapters, it felt like there needts to be some explaination to why John is suddenly alive after the boys were told that he was dead, also I am confused with the sudden appearance of Cass. Also I am not one to read death fics so I was kind of shocked that the story was one of those sad stories. Other than those few things it was a good story.
SithelfJen chapter 44 . 12/11/2011
that was a nice twist at the end, good work!
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 21 . 11/27/2011
I really liked this chapter. Very well done Thank you. It was good to see how they reacted to the news and how it affected them each in a different way. I enjoyed seeing how it hit Sammy. I can't hardly even imagine how hard something like that would hit. You can just see how the information just engulfed him.

I can understand Dean wanting to step outside and taking some time to wrap his brain around the information and all the implications. He had those early memories. Learning that parents lied to you about something as traumatic as that would be huge. Possibly even destroy his relationship with his parents. His trust and belief in them has been pretty much blown out of the saddle right now.

And what about the pain the parent's must be feeling? After having lied to him as a child and watching him grow up, secretly fearing this day. To a child, having your parent lie to you is huge. It's a betrayal of sorts. It's not something that a child can just blow off or shrug away. But to be a parent and see no other alternative must be a heavy burden to bear. This issue alone could be more than this family can experience and survive. I hope you address this issue more in the story as it goes along. I'd like to see how Dean and his parents work the trust and betrayal issues out. Or if they're able to or not.

Nice touch of Sam taking Dean's glasses to him. Can't wait to see what's in their eyes when they see each other face to face after such a huge revelation. And looking forward to that conversation that follows at that point. Helluva redefinition of family for both them boys, huh?
GiveTeamFreeWillAHug chapter 9 . 10/12/2011
Hahahaha ur dad collects Winchesters
pielover62 chapter 44 . 7/16/2011
I really enjoyed this story...until the last 2 chapters. What happened? The ending felt rushed and tacked on, as ifyou just wanted to mark it complete and move on. If that was the case I would have preferred you left it unfinished. Earlier in the story you said John was dead, but Bobby doesn't question that it's him on the phone in the last chapter? And what's up with suddenly adding Castiel in the last last paragraph? You mention his relationship with the Winchesters, yet this is the first time you've mentioned him. The ending just didn't make any sense at all to me. We don't get any insight into John's motivation. Up to this point as far as we know he had been doing everything to proteect his sons from their fate. What changed? To do it for some unnamed reward promised to him by angels or demons just doesn't track for me at all. Perhaps if you had laid some ground work earlier in the story I might have found the ending more acceptable. I like you as an author in general, but this ending just didn't feel right at all to me.
casammy chapter 44 . 7/16/2011
But dean will never leave that sammy remain dead, so you have to go to hell thousand times to make your child alive and this insurance on the earth to dean the world, the reason for his life is sam, never, but never going to let sam dies
wcfan chapter 44 . 7/15/2011
He let his son die for some crap reward? He should have been slowly tortured! Dean just got Sam back. And I can't compute anything else after that thought...I really, really hate this ending.
wcfan chapter 43 . 7/15/2011
Are you kidding me? We spent 3 years waiting for the story to end, read 42 chapters and you kill Sammy? Being kidnapped and possessed by a demon wasn't enough? What the hell's wrong with you? Do you hate to see Dean happy in ANY universe? Must Sam get screwed over all the time? My poor baby.
azab chapter 43 . 7/15/2011
loved it update soon
primadonna cat chapter 44 . 7/14/2011
Crazy ironic ending! I can hear Crowley! "That is how you take care of a Winchester problem". Holy god, evil John!

I think I might have to reread this now! :)