Reviews for Centre of Attention
pottermind chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
This reminds me... I know how youve already written so many stories that are really good...and Teddy's about nine... I've always wondered (in other stories too) why hardly any authors make Remus and Tonks have like another child... Considering the fact that they love each other and stuff etc etc etc...
So yeah I'd be really happy if you'd introduce me to any stories similar to yours (post-war AU with Remus, Tonks, Teddy etc.) :D
Thanks:)
Oh and if you'd write a one shot story (in the "By a Thread" ficverse [which is kinda unrealistic because Teddy's about eight or nine years old and Remus is...old...] or something) where they've got another child I'll be really happy XD

I really love this By a Thread series and after this I'll read the Kaleidoscope story:)

Thank you! :)
Louey06 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Awesome. way cute. tedddy can be pretty deepmfrmbeing so young
catwalkingowl chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This is too adorable. Seriously. I's said before, these comments aren't really original but I just need to say something don't I? :) Haha Remus having a pirate birthday party. Teddy is just adorable.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
["Not at all," said Mum firmly. "Nothing's too fancy for Remus on his birthday."] This really had an effect on me. I don't know why. I kind of secretly want her to like Remus and it feels like in these stories, she has come to care about him. I wonder if she thinks of him like a son, or...if he thinks of her like a mother.

That said my only complaint is, with this in third person, Andromeda shouldn't be referred to as "Mum" (with the capital), because she's not The Mother, as in the only mother, so using Mum to replace her name doesn't work very well. I've noticed this in a few other stories. It sort of makes the POV feel weird- even if it's from Tonk's POV (third person), it should be "her mum". "Mum" only makes real sense to me in first person. But I could be wrong.

Though it does make it seem like Remus is referring to her as Mum, so...there's that little comfort, hehe.

["You're always the one standing back in a crowd, letting other people talk or have all the attention. I wanted there to be something big and loud and sparkly that was just for you."] He's such a thoughtful little guy, you know?

[But his eyes were rather bright, and Tonks found herself thinking of a gaunt and desperate man, long ago, who had been so sure that a child of his would only ever be ashamed of its father.] Awww. Aw. AWW.

A really lovely little story.
jaergkeagk chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Ted is really perceptive for a nine year old! So Remus:)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I roared too.
SingBenihime chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Wonderful story!
alix33 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
"Just then, the restaurant's buzz of happy chatter was pierced by the raucous honk of a trombone played with more gusto than talent. The swinging doors to the kitchen burst open, and several Weasley's Wild-Fire Whiz-Bangs zoomed around the room. The trombone player emerged and swung his way through the tables, followed by a waiter levitating a large chocolate cake and a waitress bringing up the rear, banging on a cowbell. They stopped in front of Remus and the cake settled itself onto the table. The trombone and cowbell finished with a flourish, and the entire restaurant burst into applause and cheers of "Happy Birthday!" as the fireworks died away. Remus was quite pink, and that made Tonks start laughing again. He thanked the procession, very graciously, and then served pieces of cake around the table. "They do this here, for birthdays, you see." Teddy inhaled a huge forkful of cake and chewed happily. "That was quite a surprise." Remus had recovered his composure now, but his eyes were twinkling. "Whatever made you think of it?" "I wanted some noise for your birthday." At his father's quizzical look, Teddy elaborated. "You're always the one standing back in a crowd, letting other people talk or have all the attention. I wanted there to be something big and loud and sparkly that was just for you." Tonks bit her lip to keep from smirking. That was pretty perceptive, for a nine-year-old. Remus ruffled Teddy's hair. "Well, you found something, indeed!" - AW!

"Teddy, oblivious to undercurrents, casually helped himself to a second piece of cake. "Besides, my birthday's next month. I thought this might give you, you know, some ideas for what to do." "Teddy!" Mum chastised. Tonks bit her lip harder to keep from laughing at her son's forthrightness. But Remus tipped his head back and roared." - Hehehe.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
Great story. I can easily imagine that happening if Remus and Tonks had lived in canon.
rjlupin12 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
I loved this! Remus deserves something big for his birthday! :)
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Hahaha! What a smart little boy! And typical for little kids - say something sweet and follow it up with something you know they were building up to all along. Mischievous little runt. :) This is perfect - they picture of the four of them.
Burp chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I believe you've just about charmed the socks off of me. Good work!
Adventure-Seeking-Juliet chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
That wa amazing! Write another!
KlainePotter chapter 1 . 8/1/2008