Reviews for I Admire That in a Woman
Lori chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Nice twist. I expeted it to Kyra. Maybe you should try another chapter if you haven't already. Be interesting to see where you take it.
BlessedMay chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
That was actually really heart breaking. I'm not a big fan of Carolyn, but I can imagine Riddick being very... attached... to her. I like Kyran, you should do more with her character.
MarsLover chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
This is good, but also not good. You have a great writing style, however, you left so many open-endings to stuff that it distracted me from reading. Like, why is Riddick raising Kyran to think of Caroline as her mother when Riddick went through all the trouble to make her like Kyra? What's been going on for all these years that Riddick led the Necros? Where's the girl he chose to be Kyran's biological mother? And I'm sorry, but I just can't picture Riddick wanting a child of his own. He's far too aware of the true dangers of the universe to want to bring another person into it. Of course, if he ever did become a father like as an accident, he'd probably be the way you protray him, but still. And even though she's Riddick's daughter, with Dame Vaako still in the picture, Vaako wouldn't be so gentle with her, and if he was it would be all pretense.

This is a good premise for a story. But I think it would work better as a full-out chapter fic than just a one-shot. There are just too many plot holes and too many unadressed questions for it to be truly enjoyable as a one-shot. I agree with the person below me: you should think about continuing this _
jhalya chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
this was disturbing...but in a totally good way:D i liked it, though there is a lot to explain about the current state of affairs: what did Riddick do in 18 years of being head-honcho for the Necros, where are the other Furyans, the change in behavior (how "Uncle" Vaako and the paternal softer chess-playing Riddick came to be - i thought he was good at dice) and stuff like that. i personally crave every hint of Carolyn in a story, so i would really appreciate a lil' more insight into the whole background of your story. perhaps you may want to continue...looking forward to it:)