Reviews for Dancing with the Stars
epalladino chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
Beautiful story. I loved the relationship you showed between Charlie and Alan and the scene with Don at the end. Thanks, Beth
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Wow, I absolutely loved this story, it was beautifully written, and had me two seconds from bawling my eyes out, as it was I found myself quite teary-eyed. Fantastic story!
Serialgal chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Aww. Geez, FC. Beautiful, and I know it's from the heart.
Rhapsodista chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
Could that have been any sadder?

Well, yeah, I guess it could have. Charlie could have had a meltdown, after all. But I think this mirrored the progression of the character fairly. Charlie's dealt with the demons of his mother's passing, and I think that this was very true to how he might react to Alan's. He understands the value of time, for sure, and I love that he was so devoted to giving his to his father.

I also thought that your portrayal of Alan was dead on-over the last few years, I've seen my own father grudgingly admit to that which he can no longer do, and it breaks my heart. The scene with Alan quietly asking Charlie to pick him up early was very honest. And depressing.

And ya gotta love Larry. Leave it to him to realign the terrible reality of losing a parent to something as lovely and calming as "dancing with the stars." Whatever you believe, it's a comforting perspective.

Well, actually...I guess we have you to thank for that.

Beautiful. Loved it.
Patty chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I feel your pain, Fraidy, I'm sorry too.

It's amazing how much routine means to you and later, how much you miss it.

Sad story but extremely sweet. Thanks for reminding us to be kind to our loved ones.
tigerlily124 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Very good job. Very sweet.
dHALL chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Very sad. And very touching. Thank you for sharing what seems to be a personal glance at your past year. I'm sure it wasn't easy to express, but it was wonderfully written.
Zaidie chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Oh wow. That was so well written and very touching. You did an excellent job staying true to the characters. Great piece.
luvnumb3rs chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
I am so happy to see you back an this was excellent as always.
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Beautiful! Just beautiful. I care for my adult stepson at home who has Huntington's Disease and I know how taking care of someone can eat up all of your time, but the rewards are worth it. This story really moved me. Thank you.
masondixon chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
For me it was my Mother who would go to the senior center. In the beginning She drove Herself but She lost Her eyesight to diabetes and after that I drove Her. I never thought it a hassle and I miss doing it so much even now, 8 years after I lost Her. I loved this story for it made me think of myself. Very well written.