Reviews for Hold Off the Earth Awhile
kwater chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Okay so BIG appology on missing this one. My only excuse is that it was a busy summer.

“You gonna stand there thinking some more,” Dean asked casually, “or do you wanna go figure how to fix our little Tattoos of Doom problem?”

Sam lips twitched in an effort not to smile. Instead, he shook his head seriously. “Tattoos of Doom. I was gonna go with Death Tats, but it doesn’t have quite the same ring.”

Dean nodded, his expression similarly serious. “I was trying to put the right impending-disaster spin on it. These things aren’t as easy as they look.”

“It’s good,” Sam agreed. “Ominous.”

Dean cocked his head to one side. “I always kinda liked the word ‘foreboding’. Has a cool we’re-all-gonna-die sound to it.”

Sam couldn’t hold it back any longer and grinned.

Okay exchanges like this is the reason that you are hands down one of my favorite writers. Great first chapter ;) Kel
Rinne chapter 6 . 9/21/2008
Finally had time to read this. I really enjoyed it. Your case-files are wonderful.
the muse77 chapter 6 . 9/10/2008
Enjoyable read! You have a good style of writing.
Llywela chapter 6 . 8/20/2008
Thanks for the new story - yours are always a delight to read, being well-plotted and well-characterised and always combining humour with angst in a way so few people can capture.

I know what you mean about the post-finale funk - the finale really devastated the entire fandom!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 4 . 8/12/2008
Great cliffhangers!

Good point about being suicidal, and about what's stopping Dean. I don't like to think he'd just quit, but you portray his exhaustion and depression well and it's plausible. But he'd never give up on Sam. I hope Sam realizes that, too.

It's funny but I hadn't even thought about demon blood when Jacob said Sam was marked. I thought for a while that Jacob had marked him for his vengeance, perhaps because Sam touched Bud's hand. It's not a totally unreasonable assumption. But I do like the new issue that's raised, too. Poor Sam.

And Dean.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 3 . 8/12/2008
Once again, great natural working into the fic of the guys' issues, from Dean's post-What Is demons, to Sam's destiny fears. I would never have thought of this stuff, but you make it organic. And I love the little touches, like Sam in a suit bringing back bad memories for Dean, or lines like, "“I’m guessing dead people." Dean banters well even when he's exhausted! Great portrayal of world-weariness. Those poor guys need a break...

And you're right, S3 didn't give it to them. I'm having a hard time writing that, too.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
I don't think it was intentional, but there's a tat ad at the bottom of this chapter that just totally cracks me up!

I like this sort of revisiting of the theme that you addressed in your organ transplant fic, of remains visiting revenge on vics. I've not seen anyone else address that, and you keep coming up with unique takes.

I wouldn't blame Sam as much as he does himself here for taking off as he did in Hunted; his methods were definitely not the best, but clearly he couldn't just sit around and wait for his destiny to come after him, either. I think it was just a case of both of them being screwed. But I love that you're addressing the mostly ignored (and, personally, one I disagree with) premise of What Is that Sam and Dean would not have been close without the hunt. I don't believe it, either, but I'm glad someone's actually attacking it, and with your competence.

The banter was as fun as ever, though, and a welcome break.
inzane73 chapter 6 . 8/11/2008
You always wrap up a story so nicely with your last chapters. It makes me feel that all is right with the boys world-at least for a little while.

Inzane
frenchfredo chapter 6 . 8/10/2008
been a great pleasure for me too! Nice to see Sam take care of his brother. And looking forward for your next one...
artsavage chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
Ah, that was a good one. Plenty of angst, but not overwhelming. And decent casefics are so hard to find sometimes - your stories always hit the spot!
tylee17 chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
Aw, nice wrap-up. how come you are SO good at capturing the brothers' personalities to the last friggin' detail? Girl, seriously, just plain awesome - and that's coming from someone usually not reading SN-fic...

Now you'll probably have to live with me plastering your other SN-fics with stupid reviews in the next coupla days; see what you got yourself into!

This was just too sweet, so you'll also have to live with another of my lengthy reviews (sorry...)

that you referred to their tats was so well incorporated here! Big plus: Dean's remark, "Those are both evil, Sam." LOL

and just the right dose of angst, and Dean spilling, but never overdoing it. Just like (sheesh, I nearly wrote "in real life" now, uh oh, I better get myself one right f'ing NOW) - uh, just like ON THE SHOW, the brothers always resorting to jokes

and thanks for letting me sleep again (:

hope to read more from you soon, just can't wait. (as I can't wait to see 4x01 - but, um, anyone else a bit anxious about what they'll put us through?)
mcatB chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
I really enjoyed this story. It was fun and insightful and led to a good conclusion, telling us about the tattoos. Thanks for the ride.
friendly chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
nice job.. that was really good..
lunasgathering39 chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
Excellent ending to a wonderful story! I love how Dean knew the Mom in his wish wasn't real, that she'd never ask him to die or abandon Sam. And nice way to introduce those drool worthy tattoos. _ You are evil for leaving poor Bud to fill in the grave. Evil in a good way.
Ash8 chapter 6 . 8/9/2008
And it's been an absolute pleasure to read. Not sure if I've already said that WIAWSNB is my favourite episode and I thought this wasa lovely coda to it. It's so tough for both of them but as long as they have each other then ... yeah, you know.

Great story. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
114 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »