Reviews for Hold Off the Earth Awhile
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
Hey, definitely a great chapter! Post more soon!
frenchfredo chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
great chapter, Dean's thoughts are terrible. Can't wait for tomorrow!
insecret chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
awesome :)
Kansas42 chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
Dude, this was awesome! I can't wait to see how you wrap this up. I love post WIAWSNB stories-there's so much that the show never covers, stuff that Dean must have gone through.

Fave line of the post: A ghost was a ghost and nuts was nuts. At the end of the day, everybody just needed to be put to rest.

That was all anybody really wanted.

Awesome story!
tylee17 chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
damn damn damn DAMN! you gotta be kidding! how am I gonna be able to sleep now? sheesh...

honestly, I alternated between laughing, and aawing, and grabbing my desk for support. Yeah that's right: SUPPORT (:

"Not that children should be digging up bodies. Not normal children anyway." (: Nope, they shouldn't. But what's normal anyway, right? (:

I like Bud, too. (Some smart thinking that guys does... "More dead? Whatever you call it.") (:

"He's MINE" ? that was a sure aww...

the thing about the devil? so funny and yet so sad. poor Dean... borderline suicidal, "Not really." poor kid!

um, better try with the sleeping now... you'll sure have to make up for any lack thereof on my side tomorrow!(:
pandora jazz chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Trying to decide what word to use to describe this chapter, I think awesome fits just fine. :)

I could just picture Dean's face when he muttered, "Civilians". What an excellent scene as Dean defended Sam to Jacob,

"He’s not marked,” Dean roared, so furious he could barely see straight. “He’s MINE...He was tired of every freakin’ thing on the planet trying to rip Sam away from him. Viruses, Gordon, Meg, the Demon, the djinn. Dad. Sam was marked. Sam was his brother. Sam was his responsibility. Sam was a freakin’ Winchester and the supernatural bastards of this world and the next better never forget it.'

I liked Dean analysis on graves. Fresh ones were easier to dig than fifty year old ones.

I'm glad that the salt worked and Sam recovered from Jacob's attack, because I know that in the end it was Sam pulling Dean from the grave.

Dean just dug a grave by hand in how many minutes, plus he is still recovering from the djinn attack and dealing with his father's death, no wonder he is physically and emotionally tired.

Thanks for the wonderful update.

I've really enjoyed this story, thanks for sharing it with us.
artsavage chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Oh, the angst! Fabulous!
inzane73 chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Equal opportunity ghost hunting! You gotta love it!

I like how you keep reintroducing the concept that Dean's tired. It really plays in to how he reacts to the ghost, and his singlemindedness in digging up the grave, ignoring everything, including the fact that it had put the whammy on him.

I'm expecting Sam will save the day! I sure hope so, anyway. I love it when Sam gets to be the one doing the saving.

Inzane
Amy chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Sam is Dean's. Yeah, I think that sums it up. I love the dialogue, inner and outer. I can see Dean thinking all that. Uhoh. So Jacob put the whammy on him now? That's not good. He's too close to the fire. Let's hope Sam and Marigold are fast enough.
Thorny Hedge chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Oh noes! Dean! Don't give in!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
I adored this chapter. I wasn't expecting Dean's focused frenzy at the end and I LOVED it. Esp. when Sam's hands reached in and pulled him out. And the stressing of how tired he is-I liked that. Quite foreboding.
TraSan chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Oh man, oh man, oh man - working up a sweat in the cold night air is a good way to get hypothermia even in seemingly mild weather. Dean's right - human body's are fragile. It's our spirit to survive that is strong.

I hope that means Sam burned the body and Dean's safe now.

And Sam - how many times can he hear that he's marked and it not affect him. Although, hopefully hearing Dean stick up for him is enough.

Great story.
SciFiRN chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
Great job with the angst. I'm loving seeing all the inner workings of Dean, angry and scared and just so alone. Wonderful job and I can't wait to see how it all ends.
Ster1 chapter 5 . 8/7/2008
I really love the way you're exploring Dean's pain in this fic. There's such a sense of desolation and of being so very, very tired. It seems so telling that Dean can't even see that he is suicidal because he can't or won't face the truth. And the part about everyone leaving him-so heartbreaking.

And the end part...hm...guess Dean got a little carried away, huh? Looking forward to reading the next part!
BM originally chapter 4 . 8/7/2008
AS usual, you've got a great story going here! I wish the powers that be would let you write the scripts-then we wouldn't have wound up with season 3!

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to more!
114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »