Reviews for Arachnid
crossoverfanofanime chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I love it! Voldo is seriously under appreciated and there aren't enough fictions with him. I also liked how you described how Voldo "sees" very original
ZoZo1770 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
This is just perfect! Absolutely love it, you really have captured Voldo's madness. Fics like these are so rare, I'm happy I discovered this one. It's not every day that we get a glimpse of Voldo's personality, from his own point of view. This is brilliant! :)
WrongFromGo chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
VOldo Voldo Voldo...

Poor despised creature- he was always my favorite. LOved this little snippet.
Highwayman Myth chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
This oneshot reminds my of why I'd hate to be Voldo. Other than being a gimp anyway.

-Myth
hydra1100 chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
i dont get all the people who are creeped out by voldo. if i met him in a dark alley id say hi and ask him to teach me to fight like him. and his fashion sense is...umm...how can i put this...hmm.. BONDAGE MAN TO THE RESCUE DUN DUH DUN. anywho i just made a custom voldo with a suit that covers all the skin. also i think that he took to long with the theives have you seen his sc4 ending? he pwned them mofos. i know it was to flesh out character but
Lacuna The Lost chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Voldo creeps me out...

*shudders*

Still, an excellent story it is :) Definitely trumps my ancient Voldo one shot, hands down.

...Voldo's obsessive behaviour somewhat mirrors that of Gollum of Lord of the Rings fame if you ask me.
Solipsism chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Brilliant this story was. Killing in the name of love matches this perfectly since there are those whom think of love to be something to actually kill for. Beautifully done Razer.
AmberAnodyne chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
So creepy. So lovely. So descriptive. So very WIN.
occasionallyme chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
You know, I read this hearing Smeagol's voice in my head (sorry). XD but dammit, that was brilliant! Voldo is one of those characters I avoid by virtue of his questionable fashion sense (SC4 voldo and cockguard. nuff said.) and insane moves set. That, and seriously, he scares the frick out of me. But man, your take on Voldo is freaking A material. It's demented. It's deliciously creepy. I salute you. *faves*
Copper.Shine chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
...Alright, coming from someone who is terrified of spiders enough as it is, the very summary of this fic had me squirming. And what a wonderful surprise it was to find that this oneshot is about the very character that freaks me the heck out.

Anyway, on with the review...I liked Nightmare's oneshot because of the darkness of it all, but this one is just plain creepy. In a good way! At least, somewhat...I think...

Let's try this again. Voldo's character to me is rather difficult to describe, seeing as how he rarely shows any character to begin with in the game besides being downright creepy, but you pulled this off nicely. I like how you describe his desire to protect what is precious to his Master. You made it to where that's all that mattered to him, without overdoing it.

When I said before that your Nightmare oneshot let me see him in a new light, this does too. Voldo's a lot easier to understand now. Still creepy, though. xD

So, once again, nice job on this one, and good luck with your future work.
AngelEyes87 chapter 1 . 8/27/2008
lol as I said before, this kinda reminds me of Voldo's ending in Soul Calibur 4 xD Yeah, I hate Voldo too as he freaks me out...not to mention his dress sense *shudders* Anyway despite you not liking him, you have a done a good job with this, especially his characterisation. Mind you, he is such a hard character to do really...

I liked how you portrayed his devotion to his master, but it would seem that he is being treated like an object rather than a person. But then again, it's hard to explain. It just seems that he wants to impress his master but at the same time he is weary of his master's commands. However you do express his voice very well and also his strong dislike to the thiefs. Well yeah they are scum of the universe lol xD It's interesting to compare Voldo to a spider - I like the concept of that very much...well it's something that I had never thought :)

Have to be honest but I really don't like the thieves in this one as they seem to come across as way overconfident at first but then again I doubt they have no honour in them xD I really think they have underestimated Voldo and this has been clearly shown especially towards the end...Gotta say I was impressed with the fight scene. It had to be challenging to some certain extent as he can't see or talk, you know. But I really loved how you described his senses and the way that he moved - very awesome :)

"With the amount of individuals who have set foot here, I would not be surprised if the rug was blood red." - that has to be one of my favourite lines in this :)

Anyway excellent as always xD Hope you can write more SC fics in the future to come!
Layagg chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
Wow, this is good. This is a unique reader experience sensing and fighting enemies by anything but sight. You did well on Voldo especially since you admitted that he's your least favorite character. I enjoyed this very much.
TeaC0sy chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
And you don't like this guy? You've written this great, I could see everything happening because you've shown it so well. I like the way he thought–speaks, especially just before the woman was killed. Nice story D
Anysia chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
...damn, you're good.

If you hadn't said it in your AN, I never would have guessed that Voldo was your least favorite character. You've written so perfectly in his twisted, desperately sycophantic voice that I could see this happening in the canon with little difficulty. Voldo does absolutely everything for Vercci and could care less for the collateral damage, and you nailed that devotion here. Fabulous work. :)

-Anysia
storytime chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
again, i venture from tekken. i don't lyk this 1-shot as much as ur other 1's, but that's just me. its still good, don't get me wrong. ur writing is undeniably gd.