Reviews for The Foster Child in the Forensic Anthropologist
TheLifeILive chapter 19 . 10/8/2008
I appreciated this chapter a lot. I know how you've been feling and I think that the sense of off-balance and almost confusion came across very well. I also kind of appreciate how they haven't just made up right away. This story is about how Brennan's past is something that is still affecting her today and to be able to overcome it quickly and accept what Booth wants to give her just wouldn't make sense. Plus I'm all for anything that ensures that this story goes on longer.

My main impression of Katy Perry has been from 'I Kissed a Girl" and let me tell you that it wasn't a good one. So maybe I'll have to go listen to this song.

I really felt for Brennan at the beginning, doing just what Booth explains to her later, which I guess she is already aware of: running. But running with nowhere to go is the most lonely feeling you can experience. Running without a destination, without someone to run to. And then ending up in a place where you finish the race and being reminded that someone you loved stopped running in such a brutal fashion.

"Will I die before anyone can really love me?" As much as I totally understand her thinking I wish I could shake her and make her realize that that isn't going to happen if she won't let it. But then thankfully Booth shows up and does a better job than I would've.

"He said the L word." I became a one-woman cheerleading squad by this point in his speech.

I don't know what to call what you wrote at the end: a poem? I was never good with poetry. But I really liked that. It was confusing and the fact that it ran on without stop admirably symbolized what Brennan's life has been up to this point and what Booth so eloquently explained to her.

Thanks for another awesome chapter!

Leah
bb-4ever chapter 19 . 10/8/2008
good chapter. omg he found her he always will. what's she going to do run or stand still. look forward to more soon
BonesnBooth chapter 19 . 10/8/2008
Ok that was so so so good. Of course Booth found her theyre soulmates I just hope that she doesnt continue to run.
Turbs chapter 19 . 10/8/2008
great, he followed her, that's good. and they sat there and talked and i think they're gonna be ok... :) very good chapter!
seeleysangel chapter 19 . 10/8/2008
I loved the speech from Booth about being a runner. It was brilliant!
goldpiece chapter 19 . 10/7/2008
Okay, so the ending was confusing at first but I finally understood what was going on. I like that you took bits and pieces of both dialogue and incidents and combined them so that each was its own flash in her mind, an individual thought and a jumble of emotion at the same time. Very effective. I of course await her decision as to whether or not she'll continue to run, or allow Booth to let her rest, safe in the knowledge that he's not going to leave her.

Melissa
ecrossno chapter 18 . 10/7/2008
Your story is just beautiful. And well writen. It is on of the very few fanfics that I serch for and read faithfully.

On another note-my husband passed away-suddenly two years ago.I believe that the dead "speak" or communicate is probably a better term-to the living/loved ones.I am not the only one that my husband has appeared to in dreams. In one case it was a friend-a kind of distant friend at that-but the message he relayed to her in that dream was very specific and full of personal things my friend could/would never have known about otherwise. Just something to think about. I believe you about the butterfly.
MadeOfStars chapter 18 . 10/6/2008
I think I may be enjoying your AN's at least as much as your story (which is still excellent, btw). I will PM you sometime soon, but I agree with everything you have said. I also have my own afterlife visitation story to tell too... Take care- Stars
labelbasher chapter 18 . 10/6/2008
I've really enjoyed this story so far. It's one of the best Bones as a foster kid stories I've read.
jaymieg chapter 18 . 10/5/2008
What a beautiful way to introduce Angela to your story! It was simply amazing.

I have enjoyed your development of Brennan's foster family and her early life with them. They just seem like folks I'd like to hang out with!

Great job!
VampirateLycan chapter 18 . 10/5/2008
Ah! Sweet, first meeting with Angela, I've always felt that they met at school. hehe

Brill!
Pheonixsong07 chapter 18 . 10/4/2008
aw i love angela! i wasn't expecting to see her in the flash backs but i like that you included her
volante296 chapter 18 . 10/4/2008
hey,

wow, this is posibly one of the best stories I've read on fanfiction. When you read it you can tell that it's written from the heart, and that makes it even more 's just the right amount of angst anf fluff to make a dramatic mix that is easy to read. I feel like I'm seriously there when i read it.

thank you so much for this wonderful piece of work : D

-love- volante296
Kemowitch92 chapter 18 . 10/3/2008
I love that they think they will never be co-workers. PLZ update soon.
MidnightOfTheSoul chapter 18 . 10/3/2008
Sniff. Sadness elicits one type of sorrow. But happiness elicits that warm sort of joy that makes you feel good the rest of the day. I kind of wish I'd read this before clinicals this morning, wouldn't have made things so bad.

I've always seen Angela as Brennan's nightlight: she's always there, guiding, glowing persistently. I love that they met this way and the way Brennan started school. She wasn't a foster child though, she was still cared for. Had there not be Janice and Albert, I feel like she would have had a much more challenging time.

Thanks for this chap. It was wonderful. And, I'm glad your friend came to visit:P
532 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »