Reviews for The Foster Child in the Forensic Anthropologist
spk chapter 15 . 4/25/2010
WOW! Just discovered this story and I have to tell you that this chapter was amazing. Very touching reunion between Temperance & Janice. Beautiful writing. :)
kanskyny chapter 21 . 4/9/2010
that was an amazing story! loved it.
RonneeM chapter 21 . 4/3/2010
Another very well done Bones fanfic. Your writing style is very well rounded, as is the breadth of knowledge that you've drawn upon to write this. From the saddest scene to the most poignant, it was a good, if occasionally hard, read. The background you've woven for Temperance Brennan is both tragic and beautiful. The tragedy of her abandonment, her possessions being carted around in the trash bag, her constantly changing foster homes, the good and the bad families all add up to a tremendous obstacle for her growth and development. And you've portrayed it in a manner that allows her to become the character we see in the show without changing her basic nature.

I also found it very touching to see how your writing helped you through your own troubles and past. I hope that now, a bit over a year and a half after the loss of your friend, the glimpses of healing shown in your writing have continued.

The only problem I'm having is that I got interested in your story The Hands in the Snow, but cannot find it anywhere. Did you pull it? If so why? Did it get accidentally removed? If so, will you be reposting it?
xoxokiss210 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
i loved
Smittenwhenbitten chapter 21 . 3/6/2010
Kate, I wanted to thank you for the gift of this story. I have tears running down my cheeks as I write this, but they're kind of happy tears, in a weird way. I loved this story.

I hope that you are in a happier place in your life, that you are truly dancing.
coterie2 chapter 21 . 2/26/2010
Great story, very touching and very well written.
Amber chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
While I like your writing style I can't really get into this story and find myself reluctant to read past the first chapter.

In my opinion it is just too out of character for Brennan to share something she deems as very personal much less her time in the foster care system with Sweets of all people, and with little to no protest. And for Booth to betray her trust like that and 'rat her out' to Sweets... I just can't see that happening. :(

From the other reviews everyone seems to think it's an awesome story, and maybe it is, so I guess it's just not my cup of tea. Sorry.
Suzotchka chapter 4 . 2/11/2010
Misty eyes, no crocodile tears. Excellent work. I wish you would write more about Brennan in foster care.
bonesparticulat chapter 21 . 1/19/2010
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Really.
bonesparticulat chapter 17 . 1/18/2010
"Life is hard, and loving is easy... it's when the two of them collide that things get sticky." - so true
bonesparticulat chapter 9 . 1/18/2010
I knew when I was reading your poem that it wasn't just another hokey song lyric, it actually appealed to me. Thanks! Don't worry about the smut: while it is fun to read on occasion, too often it turns rather formulaic anyway. I prefer a good story, in character, over "hot sex."
PeanutTree chapter 21 . 11/12/2009
I just cried. I... oh my goodness. How do you do this? You are an incredible writer!
xwittychickx chapter 6 . 11/5/2009
Your story is amazing! I can feel all the emotions poor Brennan went through. Your ideas are quite probable. I could imagine that actually happening when she was in the 'system'. ...I sort of know what she went through, but not as intense. My dad can be somewhat of a jerk when he's drunk ;
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 21 . 10/29/2009
Intriguing idea, I have to admit.

The Booth/Brennan interaction scenes worked out very well from the beginning; the image of Brennan crying while watching “Homeward Bound”- I have to agree with you on how moving it is, really; I’ve only cried more than I did after watching that movie for a few things, and one of them was “Titanic”- was particularly effective, combining emotion with a touch of humour, and the look at her time with the Dennisons and her days in the foster system were definitely very well thought-out.

However, in the end, this story has one central problem (I’m generally ambiguous about the pace with which Booth and Brennan’s relationship developed from what it is to what it became at the end; good writing, but I still think it was a BIT fast); you don’t really go into that much detail about the CASE that started these events in the first place.

If you’d included at least SOME further scenes showing Booth and the rest of the squints tackling the case when Brennan was absent, it would have worked out fine; as it was, it seemed like the case was just intended as a catalyst event and then you forgot all about it beyond analysing the aftermath.

All in all, a nice idea, but a couple of areas could have been fleshed out more.
The Last Letter chapter 21 . 10/3/2009
This was a wonderfully crafty story. I think you captured the characters very well, and I don't think it could have been done much better. You can always improve, even if you're improving perfection.

I know where Brennan's coming from, though. Sometimes all you can do is run. You don't even want to look over your shoulder for fear of seeing what's chasing you. Sometimes you feel like you can stop, but when you try, you start to fall, and then you have to start running again, because you realize there's no one there to catch you.

542 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »