Reviews for The Foster Child in the Forensic Anthropologist
bonesparticulat chapter 9 . 1/18/2010
I knew when I was reading your poem that it wasn't just another hokey song lyric, it actually appealed to me. Thanks! Don't worry about the smut: while it is fun to read on occasion, too often it turns rather formulaic anyway. I prefer a good story, in character, over "hot sex."
PeanutTree chapter 21 . 11/12/2009
I just cried. I... oh my goodness. How do you do this? You are an incredible writer!
xwittychickx chapter 6 . 11/5/2009
Your story is amazing! I can feel all the emotions poor Brennan went through. Your ideas are quite probable. I could imagine that actually happening when she was in the 'system'. ...I sort of know what she went through, but not as intense. My dad can be somewhat of a jerk when he's drunk ;
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 21 . 10/29/2009
Intriguing idea, I have to admit.

The Booth/Brennan interaction scenes worked out very well from the beginning; the image of Brennan crying while watching “Homeward Bound”- I have to agree with you on how moving it is, really; I’ve only cried more than I did after watching that movie for a few things, and one of them was “Titanic”- was particularly effective, combining emotion with a touch of humour, and the look at her time with the Dennisons and her days in the foster system were definitely very well thought-out.

However, in the end, this story has one central problem (I’m generally ambiguous about the pace with which Booth and Brennan’s relationship developed from what it is to what it became at the end; good writing, but I still think it was a BIT fast); you don’t really go into that much detail about the CASE that started these events in the first place.

If you’d included at least SOME further scenes showing Booth and the rest of the squints tackling the case when Brennan was absent, it would have worked out fine; as it was, it seemed like the case was just intended as a catalyst event and then you forgot all about it beyond analysing the aftermath.

All in all, a nice idea, but a couple of areas could have been fleshed out more.
The Last Letter chapter 21 . 10/3/2009
This was a wonderfully crafty story. I think you captured the characters very well, and I don't think it could have been done much better. You can always improve, even if you're improving perfection.

I know where Brennan's coming from, though. Sometimes all you can do is run. You don't even want to look over your shoulder for fear of seeing what's chasing you. Sometimes you feel like you can stop, but when you try, you start to fall, and then you have to start running again, because you realize there's no one there to catch you.

DI4MGZ
TempeJill chapter 20 . 9/4/2009
I would like you to know that I have barely moved from my computer chair for... well I don't know how many hours. This story... it was amazing. You are INCREDIBLY talented, and every detail you put into the story makes it flow all the better and make it all just so much more REAL. This story was brilliant. Truly and utterly brilliant. I love stories that explain about Brennan's past and how she copes with it later... but this one most certainly is the best of the best. I've never read a better Brennan foster care story. Ever. I feel like I just lived Brennan's life along with her. I cried and felt a part of myself die along with Kamaria, and it is not very often that I find a story on here that hits me this strongly, and makes me feel not just the most powerful of the emotions, but all the smaller ones as well. I was excited alongside Ange and Bren when she found out she was going to DC, an I could feel her emotion whenever she was referred to as a friend by our favorite artist :)

This was beautiful, and it left me with a feeling much like you get after reading a seven-hundred page book-long journey over the span of several days, all within the span of several amazing hours. This is the kind of story that will stick with me for a long time.

Thank you so much for sharing it; you are certainly one of the greatest contributors to Bones fanfic. I've read some of your other stories as well, and appreciated them just as much. I will most likely go and read more of them tomorrow. :)

Again, amazing work. Truly.
runawaylikeitwasyesterday chapter 3 . 9/1/2009
Hey,

I read your a/n in the begining of the chapter, and regardless of how long ago, I just wanted to say I know how you feel. My mom passed away from a brain injury as well when I was 7. Sorry for your loss, best wishes.

-Rachel
Frankies-Girl21 chapter 16 . 8/27/2009
my bff's the same way. he hates fighting of any kind but is extremely protective of family & friends.

nice chapter
Temperance Alibella Potter chapter 4 . 7/30/2009
So me and mom arent the only ones who cried During Homeward Bound!I absoultely adore that movie.

Btw,Love the story.:D

Bella
ALWAYS867 chapter 11 . 7/22/2009
ok i loved this chapter with both bones and sweets the whole story about the giant gopher i couldnt stop laughing
stardustkr7 chapter 21 . 7/2/2009
Since stumbling upon one of your other stories a little while ago, I have to admit that I've spent way too many hours clicking through your other works. This, by far, is one of my favorites. You have this way with crafting believable and heart filled stories, a talent I would expect from a published author, not a fanfiction writer! Seriously, where can I buy your book?

All the characters in this story were perfect! I know one of the things that bugs me about fanfictions are the way people struggle with keeping everyone in character. Probably because we all have different takes on each character.. I'll stop rambling and get back to gushing about how utterly amazing you are. ;)

I wish I had half the talent you had! You're definitely one of the better writers on here! Even if I ahdn't read all of your authors notes, I would be able to tell there was a bit of yourself in the story, a bit of your experiences. And that's what people connect with, I think.

An english prof I had last year said that you become a better writer by reading good writing. So, please keep writing more stories!

With hugs,

Kristen
Louise Daniel chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
I have a theory about Brennan's family situation. Her Grandfather could have got her out of foster care but died, leaving her with no other family that she knew of. It's out there, but possible, right?
unequivocal chapter 21 . 5/24/2009
I just read through this entire story in one sitting - it was gut-wrenching at times, and thoroughly insightful throughout. You have a gift for capturing the profound truth of things. Without a doubt, the depth of your characters is phenomenal and your descriptions of Brennan's growth through the story is truly inspiring.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading more of your work.
unequivocal chapter 9 . 5/23/2009
I was blown away by the way you described Booth and Brennan's kiss... truly remarkable.

"Lines can’t be crossed, because in crossing over to the opposite side, you imply that it is possible for the line to remain, that you can return to your original stance if the grass isn’t quite as green on the other side."

Brilliant. Absolutely among the truest ideas I've read.
Music ismy heart and soul chapter 19 . 5/17/2009
I think that last part was SO cool. It was really comlicated and made me think. It was poetic and confusing.

I absolutely LOVED the last four lines. It's like a really comlex poem that takes you forever to figure out but once you do it's amazing and moves you. Then when others still don't get it you're at a loss for words, and can't even begin to explain.

It was amazing