Reviews for Beginning Trainer's Guide to Pokémon
SuperDarkbolt chapter 11 . 8/5/2015
Wonderful, if I were nintendo I would hire you for the pokedex entries!
SuperDarkbolt chapter 9 . 8/5/2015
parden my last review, I just noticed that the story is permanently on hold, and since it is so, I will not burden you with more pokemon to write about. (There are enough as it is, probably why the pokedex only gives a sentence or two about each)
SuperDarkbolt chapter 8 . 8/5/2015
Yet another fascinating chapter. I would like to recommend some pokemon, but there's always the possibility that you've already covered them in later chapters so i will refrain myself for now.
SuperDarkbolt chapter 7 . 8/5/2015
I've always had the theory that Cresselia and Darkrai can breed, most likely because of the lunar duo title they share and their one gender.
SuperDarkbolt chapter 2 . 8/5/2015
Amazing so far, although i was surprised to find no connections between Darkrai and cresselia as they are the Lunar duo
sittolog000 chapter 8 . 6/8/2015
You're blowing alot of your "best at" cards really early. You already said Umbreon is among the smartest pokemon and leafeon has the best sense of smell. Despite the fact there ARE pokemon that trumph them by miles.

Example Meagross, alakazam Umbreon

Slurpup leafeon

I don't advise putting a "best" I think it would have been fitting to just say "they excel in these categories" Also working on anime logic most pokemon are of similar intelligence to humans. So this means Umbreon isn't special for this trait, unless of course you are going from a different source in which case this is fine.

Other than that I really do like your eevee chapter. Though I feel it is inspired by "The extended Unova Pokemon Guide" in a few ways which may be a good thing.
In my eyes this looks well put together, Though i would like to see a little more personality in the chapters (ex: snarky comments on occasion or cracking a joke. Don't go overboard with it but one or two might give chapters a nice touch.) Though this is only my personal opinion.
lalalala1 chapter 11 . 6/16/2014
This was EXTREMELY fun to read, I don't know why, but as a guide to taking care of Pokémon it just appealed to me. It brings great pain to my heart to see that this is permanently on hold...
Leafily chapter 8 . 6/4/2014
You should use this guide as a go-to activity that you update every once in a while until you have every single Pokémon uploaded, and perhaps people could message you with their own entries if they wanted and then you could say who it's written by in your author's note when you upload it. I hope you like this idea.
Leafily chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Please will you make a guide for Jirachi, Shaymin, Manaphy, and Lugia? And also maybe Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie? And perhaps Celebi Victini Suicune Entei and Raikou as well?
The Anguished One chapter 8 . 4/1/2014
Yay! I love the Eevee special.
The Anguished One chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
This story looks great. The information sounds like something from canon.
Gurchararanpreet chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
i like to jon with you .
Glittering Turquoise chapter 3 . 9/7/2013
Hi! I've read the whole entire chapter and thanked you for the information because it is really helpful for me to learn a lot since I was working on my current first Pokemon story "Times Stands Still" just to make sure I don't make any mistakes. Could you read it someday when you get a chance to spare, please?

: )
Shinnypichu88 chapter 2 . 7/17/2013
u should keep going :(
Scorpio4 chapter 11 . 1/20/2013
This guide is awesome! It's really fun to read and it's pretty informative too! I think you should do a chapter for each of the starters the way you did for bulbasaur, charmander, totodile, etc